which KS girl do you think would put out the easiest?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Minister of Gloom

Re: which KS girl do you think would put out the easiest?

Post by Minister of Gloom »

EternalLurker wrote:She doesn't even mildly give off Mary Sue qualities in KS-as-is. Just because Hanako basically worships her means nothing; Hanako is a wimp who needs to attach herself to someone. A Mary Sue would be the only non-Misha character that Shizune doesn't pointlessly antagonize, for starters.
I think it's because she is beautiful, calm, polite and kind(or at least, so it appears if you don't look too deeply), all of which are traits of the stereotypical "purity sue" that some people associate her with the trait. The thing is, just like all the other KS characters, she has a personality both wide and deep enough to make it clear that his isn't true. None of the characters truly conform to any one stereotype(except MAYBE kenji, and even that's not for sure). It's one of the wonderful things about this game.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I would be interested in seeing the scripts for this Mary-Sue Lilly. I'm wondering just how Mary-Sue she was. Faster than Emi, better organized than Shizune?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

She was [shimmie=575]the motherfucking Batman[/shimmie], as per Shimmie. And some things are better left unsaid. Unless Suriko shows up, that is.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

'Hisao, either you come with me to university or I'll open the airlock.'

'But that'll kill both of us! For that matter, how the fuck am I in space?'

'Now of that matters, Hisao, I can breathe in space.'
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Smoku wrote:Hm... I think that a thesis that Emi would say "Hisao, let's fuck, it's for health! We must do it!" would be close to Fate/Stay Night reasons for sex ( We MUST fuck to replenish magical energy and thus win the war!).
I don't know... I think that could be closer to the mark than you might think. Say it's a bitterly cold and sopping wet winter morning, absolutely hooning down with sleeting lashes of icy rain. Even Emi doesn't fancy going out and battling through that cutting wind - but it's nice and warm and close and cosy indoors... in the bedroom... under the duvet...

...and hey, they still have to keep up their routine regardless of the weather, and there's other ways of exercising apart from running, y'know. :D
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

ContinualNaba wrote:'Hisao, either you come with me to university or I'll open the airlock.'

'But that'll kill both of us! For that matter, how the fuck am I in space?'

'None of that matters, Hisao, I can breathe in space.'
"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"I'm Batman."

Because everyone knows Batman can breath in space.

Post by Guest »

This thread has convinced me that Lilly is my favorite girl, as she is the goddamn Batman.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

I would be interested in seeing the scripts for this Mary-Sue Lilly. I'm wondering just how Mary-Sue she was. Faster than Emi, better organized than Shizune?
Lilly as she appeared in the old leaked Grid1 demo might have been what was meant. She was pretty much Miss Perfect there, to the point of being bland. She's still polite, refined and lady-like in the Act 1 demo, but the moments where she displays being prone to subtle sarcasm when annoyed or playfulness when at ease with someone is usually when she's at her most interesting. Lilly's lady act is an important part of who she is, but if that was all she was, her appeal would probably not last the whole game.

Post by Guest »

kapparomeo wrote: I don't know... I think that could be closer to the mark than you might think. Say it's a bitterly cold and sopping wet winter morning, absolutely hooning down with sleeting lashes of icy rain. Even Emi doesn't fancy going out and battling through that cutting wind - but it's nice and warm and close and cosy indoors... in the bedroom... under the duvet...

...and hey, they still have to keep up their routine regardless of the weather, and there's other ways of exercising apart from running, y'know. :D
Mixed Doubles Tonsil Tennis?

It's the sports sensation that's sweeping the nation! :lol:
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Lilly as she appeared in the old leaked Grid1 demo might have been what was meant. She was pretty much Miss Perfect there, to the point of being bland.
Is there anywhere where it's possible to get a copy of the old demo? I'm curious to compare the raw version to the more refined public product, it'd be interesting to see how it developed.
Mixed Doubles Tonsil Tennis?

It's the sports sensation that's sweeping the nation!
That, and gymnastics displays... ;)
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Loki

Post by Loki »

Is there anywhere where it's possible to get a copy of the old demo? I'm curious to compare the raw version to the more refined public product, it'd be interesting to see how it developed.
all you need to know is she got 80% (or was it more?) in a Mary-Sue test. Considering 40% is 'displays alarming amount of Mary-Sue traits' or something I got a distinct feeling that the devteam was actually terrified by the results.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

all you need to know is she got 80% (or was it more?) in a Mary-Sue test. Considering 40% is 'displays alarming amount of Mary-Sue traits' or something I got a distinct feeling that the devteam was actually terrified by the results.
I know some movies showing some gameplay used to be on YouTube, but for some reason I can't find them anymore. Maybe they were taken down. It's probably for the better. That build wasn't even meant to be available for non-team members and the storyline probably got thrashed and redone several times between the leaking and the release of Act 1. If it's still somewhere online, I don't think the devs would appreciate anyone linking or posting it here, since it doesn't reflect well on what KS is presently. But yeah an 80% sounds about right.
nobody important

Post by nobody important »

Okay, from easiest to hardest, I think it would be:

Shizune: I'm with the "she's after him" camp on this one. Shizune's personality is very forceful; she's pushy, manipulative, and not use to taking no for an answer. Once she decides she likes someone that way, if they haven't made the first move, she WILL, and she's already invited herself into Hisao's room once. Unless she decides to string Hisao along for a bit just to tease him, she's very likely to jump first... Whether Hisao's ready for it or not. She'll want to be in charge of the relationship, and so she'll probably try to take the initiative.

Rin: Rin's a casual, easygoing sort of girl, and I can't help but think that she'd be pretty open to "friends with benefits". There's not really much that seems to be a big deal to her.

Emi: Emi strikes me as probably being middle-of-the-road here. No real hangups, but I don't really think she'd take that kind of decision anywhere near as casually as Rin, and she sure as hell wouldn't chase Hisao like Shizune would. Plus, she's more aware of Hisao's condition, and probably wouldn't start getting serious with him unless she was sure his heart could handle it.

Lilly: Lilly really doesn't seem like the type to rush into a relationship. While it's clear she likes Hisao, she's also very traditional, and maybe even a bit more serious than the other girls... She's always been there to support the other people in her life from the time she was a little girl, and you can really see the kind of burdens she's shouldering on your way through act one. She'd probably want to be in a steady, committed relationship before she went all the way... As calm as she is on the outside, I get the feeling that somewhere, deep down, she's feeling the pressure and needs someone to lean on. (And as for the "too perfect" thing, my take on it is that she's scared of disappointing people.)

Hanako: Hanako's shyness and insecurity is a MAJOR stumbling block here. Others have said her low self-esteem might make her quicker to get into bed with Hisao, and I can see where they're coming from... But the source of he poor self-image is her burns. And the less clothes she's wearing, the more visible they'll be. There's no way she's going to get naked until she's sure Hisao won't look at her burnt-up body and decide she's not good enough. Poor Hanners.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

nobody important wrote:
...Unless she decides to string Hisao along for a bit just to tease him...
If it's a race to see who can seduce young Master Nakai most expeditiously, this is what's going to make Shizune's efforts bomb harder than Dresden. Yes, she has an assertive personality, but she also likes to play games... so while she's continually laughing and teasing and flirting and generally leading Hisao on a dance up the merry path, Hisao will throw his hands in exasperation and go and proposition Misha instead. Hell, Miss. Drills is more cuddly anyway...

Speaking seriously, though, I can definitely envisage Shizune being a teaser.
-Sir Alan Lascelles
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

It would depend on the competition. Shizune would be easy if it was a first into bed with Hisao race against the other girls. Shizune would be hard if she saw submitting herself to him as losing.

Or she would take a more mature view and see something as personal as this as more than a competition. She would defer to her own views on the subject. While she may tease him, I imagine that when things start to get more serious, Shizune may become flustered and conservative.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.