With whom do you relate?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

funnynel42

Re: With whom do you relate?

Post by funnynel42 »

I can relate to Rin and Hanako, mainly because while I was at school I was almost always alone. I had one good friend, the rest just ignored me straight. I lived in my own world. No one understood how I felt. So I started to carry a small A6 book with me everywhere I went. If there was nothing for me to do, I would write down lyrics to music in in, some feelings I felt, or just doodle in it.
Some people noticed it and they wanted to know what I did with it. One idiot even stole one of my books, and he eventually returned it and he was never the same with me again, always sympathetic. I always stayed away from the girls I liked, I hate confrontation. I always helped people when they needed help. I even helped people without any of them noticing it. In 2012 I ended my friendship with my only friend, he used me and never did anything in return.
So when I played Katawa Shoujo, it hit me close to home.
And now I'm trying to get more active (Thanks to Emi), and also try to find the right words to communicate properly with other people (Thanks to Rin).
So long story short, I was/is still alone, an introvert, with almost no friends, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sorry for if this is too long or not correct for this thread, but I just had to share this part of me.
My deviantArt page: www.funnynel42.deviantart.com
GTalk: funnynel42@gmail.com (Feel free to add me if you want to.)
komarunda

Post by komarunda »

If anything, a mix of Hanako and Rin.
I'm quite shy and find myself thinking about all kinds of things all the time - however, I don't put them into words often because I think they would sound pretty silly if I did.
Last edited by komarunda on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
「明日もまた、太陽は昇る。そして明日も僕は、生きて行くのさ」
udscbt

Post by udscbt »

I sometimes talk just like Rin and like her I can't really understand myself (nor explain it to others obviously). I think that's why I like her so much.
I'm considered a "strange" kind of person from the persons that know me better, but I can act pretty "normal" (or at least not that strange :)) when I need to; there are sone "social rules" that I don't fully understand, but I stick to them anyway, so everything goes fine (well except I'm a bit shy, but making progress).
Oh... and I never remember the words for anything, or sometimes I remember the right word in the wrong language XD
CaptPonyholder

Post by CaptPonyholder »

Notguest wrote:I guess I'm most like Muto. Terrible at explaining things, but I keep trying anyway.

So far, that is what I am most like as well, partially anyway.

I am terrible at explaining things, but will talk for hours on what I love - Much like Muto does. However, I am also like Hanako in the way that I am incredibly shy and have a hard time talking to anyone, afraid to get close to people like Emi...

Well I can see a bit of myself in just about everyone.
Moeta

Post by Moeta »

I would guess I'm Hanako most of the time, as I'm shy and don't really talk to people. But when I'm around friends or the internet, I act a lot like Misha, not really giving so much thought into what I'm saying.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Moeta wrote:I would guess I'm Hanako most of the time, as I'm shy and don't really talk to people. But when I'm around friends or the internet, I act a lot like Misha, not really giving so much thought into what I'm saying.
Your perspective on Misha may be lacking...Well, perspective. But you'll get to that. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Moeta wrote:I would guess I'm Hanako most of the time, as I'm shy and don't really talk to people. But when I'm around friends or the internet, I act a lot like Misha, not really giving so much thought into what I'm saying.
Your perspective on Misha may be lacking...Well, perspective. But you'll get to that. :lol:
Translation: Misha is not as air-headed as you might think. Granted, Shizune also didn't handle her part of the equation all that well.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

I guess I'm pretty much Misha, just straight and male.

IRL, I am really eccentric, childish and all-over-the-place. I look like a really happy person - and try to keep this impression up - but I have periods of depression.

Also, the girl I had a crush on (who was also a really good friend of mine) fell for my best friend. After this I was left heavily heartbroken for a long time, and me and my best friend gradually lost connection to the point where we don't talk at all nowadays. I miss both of them :/ In fact, I helped that girl through some serious emotional issues, even after I got friendzoned (beta as fuck?)

So yeah, I am Shiina Mikado.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
SoulReaver

Post by SoulReaver »

I registered just to say

Kenji

I couldn't resist, sorry.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Man, Xanatos is easily one of the bluntest, most succint persons i've ever seen :lol:
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

Dream wrote:Man, Xanatos is easily one of the bluntest, most succint persons i've ever seen :lol:
That's what makes her cool. (I assume it's a her...)
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

Although I guess I could get pissed at your blunt comment, I won't, because I grew up :D I was too friendly to her when I shouldn't have been. It's not that she was manipulative, it's just that I wasn't necessary in her life.

And, well, the story is from the perspective of a high school junior; yeah, I was young and dumb back then :)

Anyway, and back to the point, it did help me relate to Misha.
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Dream wrote:Man, Xanatos is easily one of the bluntest, most succint persons i've ever seen :lol:
Yup. :P I find little benefit in being anything but direct with my thoughts.

And no, YZQ, I'm a guy. :lol:

@Umbra: Why shouldn't you have been? Was she unpleasant?
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Definitely Hanako for me. I'm probably one of the most unsociable in my school except for a small group of friends that I have. Not to mention I'm a total bookworm and I like computers.
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro