With whom do you relate?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

YZQ

Re: With whom do you relate?

Post by YZQ »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:Man, Xanatos is easily one of the bluntest, most succint persons i've ever seen :lol:
Yup. :P I find little benefit in being anything but direct with my thoughts.

And no, YZQ, I'm a guy. :lol:

@Umbra: Why shouldn't you have been? Was she unpleasant?
There is good in directness, and bad. As in all things.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Umbra
Location: i have tasted the maggots of the mind of the universe

Post by Umbra »

Xanatos wrote:
Dream wrote:Man, Xanatos is easily one of the bluntest, most succint persons i've ever seen :lol:

Well, I got friendzoned, and when I tried to maintain our friendship, everything got worse and more awkward; I should have stopped talking to either her, or my best friend altogether (as hard as it sounds.)
(not me, but this is sweet)

I like music. If you like music too, and have similar tastes, you might want to add me on last.fm.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

YZQ wrote:
True enough. I confess I've become a bit reluctant to post comments for fear he's going to tell me I said something stupid. :oops:

Anyway...I hate to repeat everyone else, but yeah, I'm another Hanako person. I got picked on a lot in school, so I ended up being kind of a loner growing up, and not really liking people in general. I'm not as bad as she is in social situations, tending to keep my head down and never knowing what to say rather than outright panicking. Thankfully I do have a couple close friends to help me get through. And I'm probably a lot lonelier than she is as well.

Come to think of it, theres a bit of Emi in there too. I know I have a lot of problems in my life, but its just so much easier to not think about them and hide behind doing fun stuff so I don't have to think about the bad, or about the future.
Last edited by pandaphil on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

pandaphil wrote:
True enough. Though I confess I've become a bit reluctant to post comments for fear he's going to tell me I said something stupid. :oops:

Anyway...I hate to repeat everyone else, but yeah, I'm another Hanako person. I got picked on a lot in school, so I ended up being kind of a loner growing up, and not really liking people in general. I'm not as bad as she is in social situations, tending to keep my head down and never knowing what to say rather than outright panicking. Thankfully I do have a couple close friends to help me get through. And I'm probably a lot lonelier than she is as well.

Come to think of it, theres a bit of Emi in there too. I know I have a lot of problems in my life, but its just so much easier to not think about them and hide behind doing fun stuff so I don't have to think about the bad, or about the future.
You can be alone and not be lonely. Something I sort of developed due to my antics. I also have a gas/fart problem, so it has something to do with me being alone much of the time. I didn't dwell on that much, opting to think about something else (or nothing at all to clear my mind at times).
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Dream

Post by Dream »

YZQ wrote:
Xanatos wrote:Yup. :P I find little benefit in being anything but direct with my thoughts.

Personally, i feel very ambiguous on the matter. On one hand, generally speaking being blunt is indeed often the most effective and quickest way to get something accross. On the other hand, it can be hurtful to some people and make them defensive/hostile/etc. Not to mention it makes me feel more than a little bad depending on the person i was blunt to. Basically, i think it's only very effective when the person can "take the hit" so to say, if they can't, a more sugary approach is generally more effective or disarming, at least in my experience.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
baggypantsman

Post by baggypantsman »

Hanako/Rin mix. Extremely shy when I don't know someone, awkward as hell when I do.
Shadowstalk

Post by Shadowstalk »

Out of all the girls, I would have to say Lilly. I try to be nice to everyone that I meet, even though I don't understand some (Rin). I also drink tea somewhat often and often get addicted to things that I try. One final reason I guess would be that I'm somewhat old-fashioned :lol:
Here's my Twitter
Hardrockman911: I'm sorry. I know I'm not pretty, like Lilly.
Shadowstalk931: It's okay. Nobody's pretty like Lilly
Hardrockman911: ....
Hardrockman911: I hate being friends with you. I hope you know that.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Umbra wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

Well, I got friendzoned...
There's that word again. You didn't get "friendzoned". You made a friend. And what suddenly made it awkward?

@Dream: Hostility and defensiveness are risks I choose to take. Both can be defused easily enough in most cases. If it's someone who really can't take the hit, I have alternative methods for them.

@pandaphil: You're a panda named Phil. You get a free pass. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

I relate to Hanako most, for all resons except gender.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

Xanatos wrote:
Umbra wrote:
Well, I got friendzoned...
There's that word again. You didn't get "friendzoned". You made a friend. And what suddenly made it awkward?

@Dream: Hostility and defensiveness are risks I choose to take. Both can be defused easily enough in most cases. If it's someone who really can't take the hit, I have alternative methods for them.

@pandaphil: You're a panda named Phil. You get a free pass. :lol:
Why is it that Xanatos's opinion about the friendzone remind me so much of this guy?
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro
Sgt Spice

Post by Sgt Spice »

I used to be a lot like Rin, driven by emotion and freedom. But then I got hurt too many times and decided to change myself, and became cold and analytical, driven by order, like Hisao. I connected to Hisao a lot since we are very alike, but when I met Rin it was like talking to myself, as our thoughts and problems are nearly the same. Playing her route really helped me to balance both my left and right brain personalities, instead of letting one completely dominate the other all the time.
Rin Kin
I have a very strong Rin-bias
"Just be"
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

CreedKeeper25 wrote: Why is it that Xanatos's opinion about the friendzone remind me so much of this guy?

That guy makes a lot of sense actually.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Hard to say. I love art and draw everyday. I'm not an expert, but I think that could connect me with Rin. I also have a very unique, artsy way of thinking like her. No where near as intricate as hers, but still.

I can be socially awkward and tend to hate people of any kind for no apparent reason. This could mean I relate to Hisao, Kenji, or Hanako. I think mostly Hisao because I can be a downer at times, but always find someone to cheer me up. I can be like Kenji because I don't like leaving the house to be around people I'm not comfortable with. (But I don't go rambling on about feminist conspiracy and all that crap) And I can be like Hanako because I'm quite shy around new people, but I don't think I can even begin to relate to the problems she has.

I'd say I'm basically the offspring of Hisao and Rin. And artsy young man who has a hard time connecting with new people, but has a good amount of friends that are there for him in the end.
Umber

Post by Umber »

Emi, because I lost my father and I love running. Hanako, because I'm shy and socially awkward. Rin, because I love art (and I've been known to unintentionally mess with people's heads talking to them). I'm also as lazy as Rin when it comes to school.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
CreedKeeper25

Post by CreedKeeper25 »

pandaphil wrote:
CreedKeeper25 wrote: Why is it that Xanatos's opinion about the friendzone remind me so much of this guy?

That guy makes a lot of sense actually.
Yeah, he covers a lot of similar topics, like social awkwardness and such. Considering how I am around others, he's been really helpful
SpecimenSix wrote:And not crying when you read KS doesn't mean you're a man. It means you have no soul. :lol:
Hanabro