With whom do you relate?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Deimos

Re: With whom do you relate?

Post by Deimos »

ever17 wrote:Rin

for all the apparent reasons
I am sorry to read that you have no arms!
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
ever17

Post by ever17 »

Deimos wrote:
ever17 wrote:Rin

for all the apparent reasons
I am sorry to read that you have no arms!

Ha!

I suppose non-physically ;)
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

I'll probably be closer to Hanako then anyone else, seeing as how I tend to end up by myself (sometimes not by choice) and am pretty shy around people I really don't know and/or don't share any interests. However, I'm slowly getting out of that phase, thanks to the Corps, so the next closest would be Yuuko, since I am definitely not the most graceful person in the world. Now, who I would really like to be like in KS, it would probably be either Rin or Misha, since both of them are really carefree and highly charismatic (RIn not so much).
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Ikuno Komaki - next to Haruki/Haruhiko in the classroom CG. She acts nearly if not EXACTLY like me (except that, well, I'm male and she's female...no homo I swear, though I am into gender-bending...)

...oh wait, you meant out of the main cast?
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

SkyraScarletXVII

Post by SkyraScarletXVII »

I relate with Hanako for her shyness and Rin for her assumed Aspergers Syndrome. :lol:
*edit* Whoops, I didn't realise this was an old thread, sorry :oops:
It's weird how things work. You'll never know how much something can mean to you until ages afterwards, when you don't need it as much and can stand on your own. But you look back, and realise how much that thing meant to you then. In a sense, the fictional characters I relied on before are why I'm here now.
Hanako = Misha > Lilly > Emi > Rin > Shizune
Denouement

Post by Denouement »

No worries, gives me an excuse to post now.

Rin (surprise surprise). She doesn't like socializing nor does she know how to do it. She also has no problem with basically doing very little with her days. She's also oddly philosophical, and I love philosophy. Unfortunately, she's not so good at answering the dozens of questions she raises because she does not understand logic. :lol:
Dream

Post by Dream »

Hisao.

Deppression and an uncertainty about life and future are very common to me.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
Axelownz

Post by Axelownz »

None of them really, but Hanako is the closest i guess. I am quiet but not for being shy, i just am reserved and keep to myself a bit.
scorptatious

Post by scorptatious »

Probably a mixture of Hanako and Rin.

I'm pretty introverted and I sometimes have trouble expressing myself in some ways.
yummines

Post by yummines »

dat super necro

anyhow, i would say Rin. i get lost in thought a lot, and often say things out of nowhere. i can't socialize with people i don't know very well, and i love to draw.
SkyraScarletXVII

Post by SkyraScarletXVII »

It surprises me how popular this game is with introverts like us.
It's weird how things work. You'll never know how much something can mean to you until ages afterwards, when you don't need it as much and can stand on your own. But you look back, and realise how much that thing meant to you then. In a sense, the fictional characters I relied on before are why I'm here now.
Hanako = Misha > Lilly > Emi > Rin > Shizune
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

It's easy to be an extrovert in a visual novel. If it gets too hard, you can pause it or go back to the last save.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

lvrr325 wrote:It's easy to be an extrovert in a visual novel. If it gets too hard, you can pause it or go back to the last save.
I doubt that has anything to do with it. Hisao's largely an introvert himself.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
lvrr325

Post by lvrr325 »

Well, depending on the route you play you don't get much choice, sometimes what you pick and what happens are two different things.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Relate to eh. Quite a bit different than seeing oneself as a character.

Relate-ability wise I'd say Hanako, Rin, Muto and oddly Misha are top teir. Be it emotionally, mentally, awkwardness, or impossibility of successful love, I 'get' it.

I can sort of get Lilly's mentality towards her family, but I get Akira's much more. Due to personal abandonment experience. I honestly would have chosen to work in a different company from the start if I were Akira. I wanted nothing to do with my old man when I were their ages.

Farther down the list, I can relate to Emi and Shizune's desire for independence, but in my case it was more driven by guilty and not wanting to feel weak by accepting help, even though it has lead to solid months of eggs and rice only meals.