Question on final size

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Seyren

Re: Question on final size

Post by Seyren »

Huoa.. I hope it wont larger than 3gb..
If it larger than that, i cant download it... Just 2gb is a very heavy burden for my PC...
Annoyingvideochar

Post by Annoyingvideochar »

Short answer, not that big.

Long answer, I don't believe it's going to be that big.
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Seyren wrote:Huoa.. I hope it wont larger than 3gb..
If it larger than that, i cant download it... Just 2gb is a very heavy burden for my PC...
delta wrote: 500 MB, might be significantly less.
rut

Post by rut »

Juno wrote:I'd say the problem for the vast majority of people would be download times and not HD space, since not everyone has a fast connection. But everything can be solved with a download manager that allows resuming.
Yyyeeaaahhh....
I'd have to disagree with you there...
If KS decides to put the download mainly on MegaUpload (or ANY of it's relatives.) Download managers will NOT help...
They only allow DM support to those with "premium" access, thus rendering those without money, helpless...

If you haven't found out already... I HATE MegaUpload (and it's relatives)
"I feel like a llama in a herd of sheep..."
-rut
Juno

Post by Juno »

Well, if such is a problem then I would make a multipart archive and upload it to Mediafire, which allows download managers for everyone.
ultimateT

Post by ultimateT »

I believe they will put it up as a torrent to save bandwidth.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Can you still use Torrent if your firewall blocks incoming connections? How does it work?
ultimateT

Post by ultimateT »

Windows firewall should let it through if you want it to.
As for the router stuff (NATs), UPnP will usually do the trick for you, so most of the time, you don't have to worry.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

The fulol release will be released in a similar fashion to the original; a combination of a torrent and mirrored DDL sites.

A number of fan subbing distro teams have already shown interest in helping with the release. That way you won't have to wait 45 seconds, look at ads for Party Poker, or whatever. You can choose a torrent or a DDL.

There will problaby also be XDCC bots for those of you that crave a text-based interface.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
kobe

Post by kobe »

delta wrote: 500 MB, might be significantly less.
At first I was like :shock:
Then I was like :D
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Actually, I think Megaupload would be great; my computer can't handle torrens for some reason. 30+kb torrents are a good thing here :cry:

Oddly enough, Megaupload often goes at 100+ kbps regularly :shock:
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

cpl_crud wrote:The fulol release
Was this a typo?
ever17

Post by ever17 »

Deimos wrote:I am not able to find the thread now but I think the estimation was around 600000 words. Roughly the same text amount as Fate/Stay/Night if that comparison makes any sense to you.
This made my day.
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

cpl_crud wrote:The fulol release will be released in a similar fashion to the original; a combination of a torrent and mirrored DDL sites.

A number of fan subbing distro teams have already shown interest in helping with the release. That way you won't have to wait 45 seconds, look at ads for Party Poker, or whatever. You can choose a torrent or a DDL.

There will problaby also be XDCC bots for those of you that crave a text-based interface.

I'm glad to hear that, I prefer torrents and when the full release comes I'll definately seed it for a good few months.
Akira

Post by Akira »

rut wrote:If you haven't found out already... I HATE MegaUpload (and it's relatives)
As long as it's not on ****ing Depositfiles! I hate them with the sort of intense passionate loathing normally reserved for politicians and insurance salesmen.
Can't download from them 'cos they always cut it off at some random percentage. and they always seem to be able to see through my proxies for some reason...

Will the system requirements be the same as the demo too? As in the amount of processing power/memory space needed to run the game without it freezing up.
I'm currently using the crappiest computer on the face of the earth (thinking of upgrading to a BBC Micro! lol, that's how bad it is), since my old PC bit the dust. So really hoping I've scraped together the cash for a new one by the time the full game comes out anyway. On the plus side, this one can still run the demo ok, although it doesn't like the fireworks much.