How long is Hisao's...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpectralTime

Re: How long is Hisao's...

Post by SpectralTime »

EternalLurker wrote:Nice job, SpectralTime. You ruined it. Trolling is only trolling from the moment you think of it as such. Otherwise you can direct even the most useless of threads in a useful manner. (-.-)

(Not that that's what was happening here...)

Oh....

Dang. Um. Well....
....Sorry?
If you want to hear my pithy quote, go read the entirety of http://www.drmcninja.com/.

For that matter, go to http://www.kidradd.com/ too, especially if you have the right kind of browser.
kobe

Post by kobe »

techk8 wrote:The only request I have if the team notifies the public that they finished and are going to release the whole game it in a week. The MOTHER 3 translation team did that with their own project; the excitement and anticipation was UNBEARABLE yet AWESOME.
If the devs do this, i think some download mirrors will crash the moment the game is released.
I can't wait to see the amount of seeders and leechers on the torrent. Download speed will be MASSIVE!
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Well, the reason why they (the M3 team) did that is because they were preparing their servers for the traffic. The servers barely survived the day the patch came out.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

techk8 wrote:Well, the reason why they (the M3 team) did that is because they were preparing their servers for the traffic. The servers barely survived the day the patch came out.
Speaking of which, the main site's gonna get hammered when the full game comes out. I mean, even the demo killed it for a while there...
Arias

Post by Arias »

U.T. Raptor wrote:
techk8 wrote:Well, the reason why they (the M3 team) did that is because they were preparing their servers for the traffic. The servers barely survived the day the patch came out.
Speaking of which, the main site's gonna get hammered when the full game comes out. I mean, even the demo killed it for a while there...
I honestly don't see anyway for the main site to hold up against the downloaders when the full game comes out
I'm just guessing that the fan basis has at least doubled since Act 1 and if the Pre-Act 1 fan basis took down the website then only god could save them from the hell the full game will unleash
Yandere is God-tier
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Actually I think we only had half a hour or so of downtime, total, when Act 1 went under download frenzy. Doesn't mean we're not looking at those projected numbers with some apprehension, though.
I'll just advise people to learn to torrent from NOW to THEN, with maybe some translation moments INBETWEEN. :mrgreen:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Silentcook wrote:I'll just advise people to learn to torrent from NOW to THEN, with maybe some translation moments INBETWEEN. :mrgreen:
Installing and using a program like UTorrent or such realy is not brain surgery. Probably half an hour of time was all it took me to download, install and run a test.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Perhaps you can put up torrent links first and hold off direct downloads for maybe 12 hours or so?
静音是买外夫
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Distro is still a long time off, however I konw that there aer a lot more people willing to lend bandwidth next time.

However most people find seeing torrents easier than offering a DDL, so chances are you'll get it ("it" being anything htat has just been released) faster via torrent than via DDL.
Sure, after the inital frenzy of a release is over and the torrent slows a little the DDLs will be faster, but initially you're almost certianly better off with a torrent at the start.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

cpl_crud wrote:Distro is still a long time off, however I konw that there aer a lot more people willing to lend bandwidth next time.

However most people find seeing torrents easier than offering a DDL, so chances are you'll get it ("it" being anything htat has just been released) faster via torrent than via DDL.
Sure, after the inital frenzy of a release is over and the torrent slows a little the DDLs will be faster, but initially you're almost certianly better off with a torrent at the start.
Oh I was just suggesting that to mitigate the massive influx of traffic once the full game comes out. You'll be sure that once that time comes, you'll have the support of me and the second fastest internet connection in the US seeding behind you (assuming it's released when I'm on campus).
静音是买外夫
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

I entered this thread expecting a discussion about penises. I wanted to join in.

I am disappoint.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

cpl_crud wrote:However most people find seeing torrents easier than offering a DDL, so chances are you'll get it ("it" being anything htat has just been released) faster via torrent than via DDL.
Cursed palefaces and their magnificent Internet connections :cry: ! Here at the arse end of Asia, DDL's the way to go whenever we're downloading; when a torrent running for 30 kbps is a cause for (temporary) celebration, you know something's wrong.