How long is Hisao's...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

delta
Feels Badman

Re: How long is Hisao's...

Post by delta »

Coming up with some progress bar scheme is not much work at all. However, telling the people that think we owe them something to get lost, when progress inevitably isn't going forwards/the game isn't done at said arbitrary date, very much is.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I don't think you should do a progress bar. It would only fuel the 'Why hasn't any progress been made' rants that we used to see when the demo was first released. Just having little tidbits on the game when ever something is worth mentioning it good enough.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

That's pretty much exactly what they've been doing.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

There is some good in all this. Now we've found a perfect member, all that's left is to harass him enough to register in this blog - Wait, that sounds kinda like the craziness revealed by the threadmaker. How unfortunate.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
techk8

Post by techk8 »

The only request I have if the team notifies the public that they finished and are going to release the whole game it in a week. The MOTHER 3 translation team did that with their own project; the excitement and anticipation was UNBEARABLE yet AWESOME.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

techk8 wrote:The only request I have if the team notifies the public that they finished and are going to release the whole game it in a week. The MOTHER 3 translation team did that with their own project; the excitement and anticipation was UNBEARABLE yet AWESOME.
Ha! That almost seems cruel.
HEY GUYS WE'RE DONE. START COUNTING THE DAYS.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

For maximum effect, have someone leak an earlier build just a few days after the announcement.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I'll leak your earlier build, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, that's right.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Until then, then.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."

Post by Guest »

When we were working on our game, we had a mailing list to notify people when the game was done. (and sometimes we told whiners to just sign up and get a life) Of course, we didn't notify those people until a few days after the release, so the faithful forum regulars could have a chance at downloading it before the proverbial tidal wave crashed into the servers. But hey, what's a couple of days?
SBTim

Post by SBTim »

you know, trying to put a number on progress is pointless. you cant just say "well, we're 55.5% done, and the game will come out on march 6 at 2:26 PM)

they have the blog going, so you know they're still working on it, and they post here a lot, so just sit still because it will be done when it's ready.

considering they're doing this COMPLETELY FOR FREE I don't think complaining about having no release date/"slow" development is really appropriate
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

SBTim wrote:you know, trying to put a number on progress is pointless. you cant just say "well, we're 55.5% done, and the game will come out on march 6 at 2:26 PM)

they have the blog going, so you know they're still working on it, and they post here a lot, so just sit still because it will be done when it's ready.

considering they're doing this COMPLETELY FOR FREE I don't think complaining about having no release date/"slow" development is really appropriate
Agreed.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they released a few pictures or summat of the sort. Maybe hold a 'best fanart' contest or something. I dunno; I like seein' purty pickchars. :oops:
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Caesius wrote:That's pretty much exactly what they've been doing.
Exactly, that was my point.
SpectralTime

Post by SpectralTime »

Wait a minute...

* Inaccurate and misleading post title calculated to draw in members
* Poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation with excessive use of phonetic 'net slang
* Inflammatory content whose opinion is shared by no other member of the site
* Post authored by a non-member who has suspiciously failed to defend himself

Son of a gun. We've been trolled.

He threw out bait, and we took it, feeding him hook, line, and sinker. Daggomit.

Thank heaven he wasn't experienced enough to do it well.
If you want to hear my pithy quote, go read the entirety of http://www.drmcninja.com/.

For that matter, go to http://www.kidradd.com/ too, especially if you have the right kind of browser.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Nice job, SpectralTime. You ruined it. Trolling is only trolling from the moment you think of it as such. Otherwise you can direct even the most useless of threads in a useful manner. (-.-)

(Not that that's what was happening here...)