Hatsune Miku in Sign Language

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Hatsune Miku in Sign Language

Post by Pimmy »

If you've ever wondered what Japanese Sign Language looks like, or what REALLY FAST Japanese Sign Language looks like, I found this video from a friend and thought it was really cool! Especially since it's been made with the Miku Miku Dance program, which I didn't know what that versatile.

The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku [sign language] 3DPV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibOFvTPzS08

And here's a version with a real person:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdglqpgDzB4
ZystraL

Re: Hatsune Miku in Sign Language

Post by ZystraL »

Jeezuz fucking christ.
I speak japanese and I can barely understand what she's singing let alone the signing.
I bet Shizune "sings" this song to herself for practice.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

It looks to as fast as any other sign language I've seen. Even though I know some ASL, deaf people I talk to have to slow down a LOT for me to understand them. It's best to think of sign as a foriegn language, as a non-native speaker you have to slow down to translate in your head.
^^^A very bad man^^^
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I bet Crud wishes someone will do Miku with burns, instead of sign language. That, or he now appreciates Shizune slightly more than before.

Anyway, wow, this is awesome.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Pimmy wrote:And here's a version with a real person:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdglqpgDzB4
Facial expression might be used less in JSL than in ASL, what with the mouthing in JSL...I don't really know, but I still want to slap this guy for wearing aviators and standing sideways to the camera.
G3n0c1de wrote:I bet Crud wishes someone will do Miku with burns, instead of sign language. That, or he now appreciates Shizune slightly more than before.

Anyway, wow, this is awesome.

Most likely, crud is afraid of Shizune more than ever now :lol:

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

but I still want to slap this guy for wearing aviators and standing sideways to the camera.
Dude you're just jealous that guy looks way cooler than you ever will :P
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Pimmy wrote:
but I still want to slap this guy for wearing aviators and standing sideways to the camera.
"This dude looks remarkably like MJ, only more human" was my second thought when I started watching that video.

abscess

Post by abscess »

That JSL guy doesn't convince me. I suspect he's pulling a Steven Seagal-fight scene.
Siiiiigh....
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pickles wrote:
Pimmy wrote:
"This dude looks remarkably like MJ, only more human" was my second thought when I started watching that video.
I also suspected a MJ sighting until I noticed the nose is about 5 plastic surgeries too big. Maybe Sony had MJ cloned as part of their investment in him? :mrgreen:

One thing that stood out to me in watching the two verssions was the difference in the ammount of upper body movement between the person and Miku. The JSL guy had more movement of his shoulders, upper torso, neck and head even in the portions where they sped up his signing. I guess he was adding emotion which is something the person programming Miku would probably not know how to convey visualy in JSL.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Bara wrote:One thing that stood out to me in watching the two verssions was the difference in the ammount of upper body movement between the person and Miku. The JSL guy had more movement of his shoulders, upper torso, neck and head even in the portions where they sped up his signing. I guess he was adding emotion which is something the person programming Miku would probably not know how to convey visualy in JSL.
Or you can't convey emotion very well in MMD...
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

/r/ Misha skin for MMD and then this.

Also Hanako was burned, not Miku. What's the point in burning Miku? Do you like burning girls? What kind of monster are you?
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

cpl_crud wrote:Do you like burning girls?
Who doesn't?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

cpl_crud wrote:What kind of monster are you?
Cookie monster!
Bara

Post by Bara »

cpl_crud wrote:Do you like burning girls? What kind of monster are you?
Ah, redundant I'm sure, but you do realize you are asking this question to a group of people who regularly discuss "burn-tan" and "epic footjobs"? :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Bara wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Do you like burning girls? What kind of monster are you?
Ah, redundant I'm sure, but you do realize you are asking this question to a group of people who regularly discuss "burn-tan" and "epic footjobs"? :lol:
I think you sarcasm-o-dar needs a fixing, friend.