Fun Facts About the Shimmie

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Caesius

Re: Fun Facts About the Shimmie

Post by Caesius »

Heh, I thought he meant that he was signing his posts on the forum. That would've been pretty annoying.

--Caesius
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Caesius wrote: --Caesius
Ceterum censeo Katawa Shoujo cum yandere esse implerendam
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I haven't taken Latin in about 3 years.

C:\WORDS\words.exe

I... disagree?

Post by Guest »

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Guest wrote:I think he meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceterum_censeo
Oh hey thanks, now I know that the "esse implerendam" thingie was a gerundive that I was too lazy to look up in the dusty, smelly 50-year-old Latin book I have on my bookshelf.

Furthermore, I think that Katawa Shoujo must be deemed complete with yandere.
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

A note regarding all the removed posts: Hey guys, this isn't a cool place to talk about nazis and rape.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

I can't pick between the one that has Shizune and Hisao having sex on the Risk board or the one with Shizune in casual clothes.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:To be honest, I started this thread just to point out that the shimmie has no love.
Another picture that may have "love" included. http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/v ... search=emi
More along the lines of loving affection but it is not that far away.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

That's just one of those scenes where you expect neko ears, though. The facial expression and the way he's petting her just looks like the standard catgirl thing.

Swinging back to the removed topic for a second... would it be appropriate to talk about militaristic undead beings traveling on prehistoric reptilian creatures? Or is the entire topic in general henceforth banned?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

And a third picture that may have "love" included.
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1078
Granted, it is love between members of a family but there is no real need for all love to be of romantic nature.
Last edited by Deimos on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

darkblade986 wrote:Swinging back to the removed topic for a second... would it be appropriate to talk about militaristic undead beings traveling on prehistoric reptilian creatures? Or is the entire topic in general henceforth banned?
I ain't the one who did that particular removal, but let me give my answer anyway:

There is no "offtopic/random/general chatter" section on these forums, you'll notice. That is because we like to try keeping the signal-to-noise ratio at least somewhat high. These are the forums where a VN, one among many of its genre, is being built and discussed. Please keep to that general idea instead of looking for "lolrandum XD"; if you absolutely positively need to have that instead, the Internets have many better places for you to infest.

...or so I'd say. Other devs' opinions might vary, and I hope they'll make themselves heard on this topic if they differ.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Shall I add that there are no GIFs on the Shimmie? :roll:
"...!"
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Synoptic wrote:Shall I add that there are no GIFs on the Shimmie? :roll:
No, because you'd be wrong.
A_Gray_Phantom

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

Thanks to everyone who linked to the shimmie in response to my "no love" comment. I'm genuinely impressed. I fell in love with each of the girls, but was perplexed when I couldn't find any art when searching for the word "love" on the shimmie. I'm glad that, though the word itself may be missing, the meaning the word implies still resonates through a few of the images.

And the reason I sign my name in the shimmie is so I don't accidentally post the same comment twice. A quick scroll down and I can usually spot my comment at a glance. It also adds some subtle reinforcement to the post's content.

If this is wrong, though, then I'll stop.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1104... Molly predicted to get a one of VCR's close up fan art before Hisao.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1103... Hideaki confirmed male?! I'm totally not surprised, but a little disturbed.

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1096... Interestingly, this image also contains a fan fic that I'll never read as I have no idea what is in this picture (nor do I care).

A certain onomatopoeia was banned from the shimmie. We all know what it is, but there is a 99.9% chance that someone is going to explain that joke in 3... 2...
Last edited by A_Gray_Phantom on Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katawa Shoujo Fightan Game
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."
"Lilly! The fight's over! You win!"
"Um.. As I thought! Huzzah!" - by me.

"That made me laugh pretty hard." - EmP|ty
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

A_Gray_Phantom wrote:Thank everyone who linked to the shimmie in response to my "no love" comment. I'm genuinely impressed. I fell in love with each of the girls, but was perplexed when I couldn't find any art when searching for the word "love" on the shimmie. I'm glad that, though the word itself may be missing, the meaning the word implies still resonates through a few of the images.
I know it is a stretch, but if you are idealistic enough you could claim the whole Shimmie to be full of love. My reasoning is that an artist (normally) loves his works, although that is probably a far-fetched idea of love you were not looking for.
The Shimmie is not a place to dump some art but it is a place where ideas and figments of imagination, that should amuse us or should be appreciated and bewildered, are shown.
It's a place where the artists wants to share his imagination and his "love" whether it be of the character or of art itself.
A_Gray_Phantom wrote:And the reason I sign my name in the shimmie is so I don't accidentally post the same comment twice. A quick scroll down and I can usually spot my comment at a glance. It also adds some subtle reinforcement to the post's content.

If this is wrong, though, then I'll stop.
It's quirk of yours and you are not hurting anyone with it, so feel free to continue!

Fun Fact about the Shimmie:
vcr's colour-coded images only have a full heart (without any additions) next to Yuuko, Misha, Hanako, Rin, Emi, Shizune and Lilly. It makes me wonder if vcr expects some romance from Misha or Yuuko or if he only uses the heart to highlight how lovable a character is.
Last edited by Deimos on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.