Fans flanderizing

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
User avatar
ever17
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by ever17 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 pm

I love Type Moon games (F/SN, Tsukihime, and Utawarerumono), but I'm not familiar with the fandom <_<

-abscess

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by -abscess » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:51 am

ever17 wrote:I love Type Moon games [...] Utawarerumono
Utawarerumono is not Type-Moon.................

User avatar
ever17
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by ever17 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:40 am

-abscess wrote:
ever17 wrote:I love Type Moon games [...] Utawarerumono
Utawarerumono is not Type-Moon.................

...how did I confuse that with Melty Blood!?

Sakura Tenshi
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:22 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by Sakura Tenshi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:00 am

ever17 wrote:
-abscess wrote:
ever17 wrote:I love Type Moon games [...] Utawarerumono
Utawarerumono is not Type-Moon.................

...how did I confuse that with Melty Blood!?
Meh, they sound close enough alike.

But basically, TYPE-MOON fans /love/ to do this. Shirou is flanderized as a complete moron when it comes to anything sexually related... Or anything for that matter. Shiki is a sex god, Hisui is a moeblob, Kohaku always has some devious plot planned, Sakura is a moeblob/slut, and it just goes on and on and on.
Enough that even TYPE-MOON itself is known to embrace these.

Deimos is a guest

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by Deimos is a guest » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:20 am

Could anybody tell me how Arcueid and Tohsaka Rin are flanderized? I want to check my memories about them in case I have misinterpreted their characters when I played Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.

User avatar
delta
Feels Badman
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by delta » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am

Deimos is a guest wrote:Could anybody tell me how Arcueid and Tohsaka Rin are flanderized? I want to check my memories about them in case I have misinterpreted their characters when I played Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
Ditzy yandere and generic tsundere, respectively. In Arc's case that isn't much of a flanderization though, she's that shallow to begin with.
Image

User avatar
ever17
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by ever17 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:47 pm

delta wrote:
Deimos is a guest wrote: she's that shallow to begin with.
wahahahahaha, yea pretty much.

Oh, and Rin is commonly mistaken for a Tsundere when in fact she is more of a Kuudere. Kuudere being one who acts cold or indifferent at first, and then warms up. I absolutely love the characterization in F/SN. It actually felt like I was reading a story about real people.

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by Deimos » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:26 pm

delta wrote:
Deimos is a guest wrote:Could anybody tell me how Arcueid and Tohsaka Rin are flanderized? I want to check my memories about them in case I have misinterpreted their characters when I played Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night.
Ditzy yandere and generic tsundere, respectively. In Arc's case that isn't much of a flanderization though, she's that shallow to begin with.
Thanks for the answer, I am glad that my initial impression of these two was not that far off.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

User avatar
AnonymousOfNorway
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:57 am
Location: Norway

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by AnonymousOfNorway » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Write me up as yet another guy who likes Type-Moon, but dislikes much of the fans.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha

User avatar
TemporaryFile7
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by TemporaryFile7 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Seroanth, I followed that link you made to the TVTropes page and ended up spending the rest of the night there.

User avatar
flurk
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am
Location: UK

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by flurk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm

delta wrote:
ever17 wrote:You'd have to be pretty simple minded to simplify the characters presented in something with as much depth as a visual novel.
I take it you never met the TYPE-MOON fandom.
i'm quite the TM fan, but i don't get it. mind explaining?

User avatar
EternalLurker
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: Willfully lost
Contact:

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by EternalLurker » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:29 am

It was explained in all the subsequent posts.

User avatar
Warwick
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 11:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by Warwick » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:17 pm

flurk wrote:
delta wrote:
ever17 wrote:You'd have to be pretty simple minded to simplify the characters presented in something with as much depth as a visual novel.
I take it you never met the TYPE-MOON fandom.
i'm quite the TM fan, but i don't get it. mind explaining?
Some further reading.
静音是买外夫

User avatar
toast
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 am
Location: irc

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by toast » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Is there something wrong with moeblobs?
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed

User avatar
U.T. Raptor
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Re: Fans flanderizing

Post by U.T. Raptor » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Warwick wrote:Some further reading.
Almost got me there...

Post Reply