"24 Hour nursing staff"

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZystraL

"24 Hour nursing staff"

Post by ZystraL »

Okay, in a school full of disabled children, there is a nursing staff ready for any emergency the pupils might present on call at 24 hours a day. However, let's say that Emi is walking across the courtyard one day, there's no one else around and her prosthetic snaps. What happens? She's helpless. Let's say Hisao has a heart attack after school walking through the halls. Everyone else has gone home and he's left to die.
Surely, if there were enough medics to be able to be summoned whenever and wherever, there should be quite a number of them walking the halls and all around campus, should something like that happen, right? Or at least that's what I think.

although, of course the "then don't have an emergency" argument is perfectly valid.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
russianspy1234

Re: "24 Hour nursing staff"

Post by russianspy1234 »

the nursing staff is full of ninjas.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

I am satisfied with the above answer.
any more inputs welcome though.

I originally thought that all the teachers where qualified medics or something, and that the staff room would be the opposite of sound-proofed.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Speaking as a medical professional: there is no such thing as complete emergency coverage, ever. You're attributing to our fictional school a degree of guarantee-ism that is even more fictional.

It would be nice if everybody had a guardian angel attached 24/7, but that's beyond impractical.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

They could give students those Life Line things.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Yamaku is a school, not a hospital. It's assumed that everyone there is at least somewhat capable of living their life without suddenly exploding.
Riku

Post by Riku »

Couldn't Emi claw at the ground to crawl? Wouldn't yelling work too? But poor Hisao. Has to rely on the ninja nurses. Of course hnnnnng-ing would send out waves of The Force.
strangerthanfiction

Post by strangerthanfiction »

Every student at the school actually has Platinum DocWagon coverage.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Pager.
I hope.

Uh...

yeah.
Juno

Post by Juno »

ZystraL wrote:let's say that Emi is walking across the courtyard one day, there's no one else around and her prosthetic snaps. What happens?
Father, give me legs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

ZystraL wrote: However, let's say that Emi is walking across the courtyard one day, there's no one else around and her prosthetic snaps. What happens?
She falls down. Afterwards, she either waits for help or crawls off to get replacements/repairs to her prosthetics. Hisao could go into cardiac arrest in a hospital bed with a full team of doctors and nurses at his side. The school is to teach them skills they will need in life, not a guarantee of continued life. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Juno wrote:
ZystraL wrote:let's say that Emi is walking across the courtyard one day, there's no one else around and her prosthetic snaps. What happens?
Father, give me legs.
I lol'd IRL.

Well, if Yamaku were to accept students that had a chance of "exploding" at any given time (which isn't the case, AFAIK), they'd have some sort of.... thing that emits a signal whenever they are about to cast Vanish+Doom on themselves, or something.
Siiiiigh....
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Life Alert.

Helpivefallenandicantgetup
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

They have teachers patrolling the grounds at night, so they must have security or something going through the school at night as well. Hisao's biggest concern would be having a heart attack in his own room more than somewhere in the hallways.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I bet the school has a telephone number for the nurse's building. They'd probably have to memorize it, or keep in in their cell phone directory. And it may even be on speed dial for the room phones. The point is, that people will be able to call the nurses in case of an emergency. Other than that, there are probably security guards or something similar like orderlies to patrol the grounds and halls.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.