The new Dairy Queen Commercial

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: The new Dairy Queen Commercial

Post by Bara »

darkblade986 wrote:That, and it's a convenience thing. I recall seeing that commercial and DQ pledged to donate any and all profits from those things to the foundation (which means cost of sale minus cost of production). I'd probably guess that to be somewhere in the $0.50 to $1.00 range, maybe a little more. Consider how many people actually knew about the foundation to begin with, then consider how many of them knew the address or a location where they can send donations to. When a big company like DQ provides an exceptionally convenient way for you to donate, even if you aren't actually 'donating,' they have provided awareness and more donations than they would have received otherwise.

Kind of makes you wonder how Emi would feel about this...

"But just one Blizzard!"
"It's bad for your health!"
"But it's for the children!"
Oh yeah, I can see how this would conflict Emi. :lol:
Also, you have a very good point that the commercial itself is a very lage donation to the foundation just in the publicity let alone any other consideration in funds raised. Charity is just like any endeavor in the commercial world; it doese not matter how good you product (charity) is if no one even knows it is for sale (how to donate).

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Layzuhl wrote:I don't think I'd equate burn victims to Hanako anyway.
Burn victims? Maybe not. Female burn victims with dark hair and burns on the right side of their face? Yes.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

:shock:

Holy balls. I just got around to watching this and I'll be damned if that burnt girl isn't a dead ringer for Hanako! Shit, but then yeah lol@forrestgump imitation.

In all seriousness the first image of the infant with the cleft lip reminded me of a billboard for Smile Train that I pass by at lunch hour frequently. It's great they would raise awareness about that. I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to donate, even with these hard times. There's always someone that has it harder.
Imagine me and you...
Fatalis

Post by Fatalis »

I've never seen this ad, but I think I would have made the Hanako connection even if I didn't see this thread.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

dat burn