since you played the game...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

carbonartistmonked

since you played the game...

Post by carbonartistmonked »

ever since you played the game
what have you done to help the disabled ones?

or did you? :o
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

Bara

Re: since you played the game...

Post by Bara »

carbonartistmonked wrote:ever since you played the game
what have you done to help the disabled ones?

or did you? :o
Aside from participating in the KS Folding@Home team not a damn thing; furthermore, I don't plan on going out of my way to do anything. What? Am I supposed to chase after everone I suspect might be disabled and try to force assistance on random people because I enjoy KS and participate here?
If I currently had any disabled friends I'd offer to help them as my friend not as a disabled person. I don't feel a bunch of guilt when someone who is shorter than I am goes to get a stepladder to change a lightbulb that I could reach standing on the floor. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

The same goes for me, I have only helped cure cancer. Other than that, I don't personally know any disabled people or have encountered any.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

I haven't changed my the way I act towards them, though I have started respecting them more. (You imagine being blind or deaf)

And cancer-fixing.

Post by Guest »

Nothing. Am I supposed to change attitude towards them after playing KS? BTW, since I played other eroge I also didn't rape children, destroyed the world, have sex with aliens.

Don't tell me I'm doing it wrong o_O
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

I doubt anyone did anything for cripples due to playing KS.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

I dated a deaf girl for about two years. Doesn't really count though, that was before I came across KS.
^^^A very bad man^^^
b0mb3r

Post by b0mb3r »

of course! i help myself everyday with my mental disability silly.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seroanth wrote:I haven't changed my the way I act towards them, though I have started respecting them more. (You imagine being blind or deaf)
And cancer-fixing.
I try (and occasionally succeed) to avoid blanket judgements on groups of people. People with a disability are still humans first and foremost. I try to make my judgements based on if I think they are good individuals or not. As much as I hate to say it; a person can be an asshole with or without a disability and having a disability is not a "get out of jail free card" that allows you to be a shit towards others. Not that some understanding of how a disability might contribute to an otherwise good person behaving badly is out of the question. Awareness of others and empathy for them and their situation is rarely a bad thing.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
G0t0

Post by G0t0 »

I'm deciding on whether becoming a nurse or speech therapist.
most likely the latter.

Oh and of course those decisions aren't due to KS.
Last edited by G0t0 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

If I keep listening to music the way I do then one of these days my "good ear" is going to become "my other bad ear" and you motherfuckers better send me pity money.

Also, curan cancer itt
carbonartistmonked

Post by carbonartistmonked »

Bara wrote:What? Am I supposed to chase after everone I suspect might be disabled and try to force assistance on random people because I enjoy KS and participate here?
i asked to know
din't force ya mate
coz i did nothin myself :?
Seroanth wrote:I haven't changed my the way I act towards them, though I have started respecting them more.
that, yes :)
a member of carbon artist associates and P.R.O.J.E.C.T.

Pure.Rubbish.Old.Junk.Enters.Comic.Theories

XtC

Post by XtC »

Aside from helping a cute mute girl in my class (Hanako-like but from the Philippines not Japan) with some transitions in school, nothing really. Though i think i would've helped her anyway :wink:, aside from that i treat disabled people as i would any other person as much as possible, trying to care more or less only extricates them from normality and hurts them more in the long run as i've found out recently :oops: . I would try to get her on here but i don't trust some people on the forums :)
Bara

Post by Bara »

XtC wrote: I would try to get her on here but i don't trust some people on the forums :)
Damn straight. That fellow over there looks particularly suspicious. :lol:

Animemike

Post by Animemike »

Well my Mates girlfriend is blind so i help her/him out now and again
Lilly`s story stuck out to me soo much cant wait for the rest :D (plus shes cute)
Thanks guys
400xsomething :D