Left-handed...er, left-footed?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Drewski

Left-handed...er, left-footed?

Post by Drewski »

I was bored the other day, so my mind started wandering. Eventually I started thinking about which of the KS girls are lefties and which are righties.

"Well," I thought to myself, "Rin is clearly left-handed."

"...wait..."

Would Rin be more adept at using one foot over the other? Is there such a thing as left-footedness?
Warwick

Re: Left-handed...er, left-footed?

Post by Warwick »

Supposedly there's a correlation. However, from personal experience it's not exactly a sure thing. I'm not sure which foot I lead with, but I'm right-handed but left-eye dominant.
静音是买外夫
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

I would imagine she has a specific foot she's more able with. It's kind of like with sports - you ever try to kick a soccer ball with your other foot?

As I recall from her eating CG, she was using her left foot. So yeah, left-footedness would seem appropriate. Also, if I recall, left-handedness implies right-brain dominance, which is the creative side of the brain. Makes sense considering she's the resident artist of the crew.
Exdi

Post by Exdi »

If I remember correctly, the classroom CG hints that Misha is left-handed too
Not really a fan of plays on words. I perfer ones on stages.
Bara

Post by Bara »

darkblade986 wrote:I would imagine she has a specific foot she's more able with. It's kind of like with sports - you ever try to kick a soccer ball with your other foot?

As I recall from her eating CG, she was using her left foot. So yeah, left-footedness would seem appropriate. Also, if I recall, left-handedness implies right-brain dominance, which is the creative side of the brain. Makes sense considering she's the resident artist of the crew.
As far as sports goes I never had any problem using either left or right for kicking the ball or dribbling; as far as left and right eye dominance I can switch the dominant eye at will with a little concentration; for left and right handedness I'm 100% right hand dominant.
As far as Rin's use of one foot over the other, I think I also remember the sprites of Rin eating her lunch in the Art Room show her using her left foot to eat with, if that is any indication of anything; of course Rin could be perfectly comfortable using either foot.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Loki

Post by Loki »

Insidious is derived from the latin for left.

(The more you know...)
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Loki wrote:Insidious is derived from the latin for left.

(The more you know...)
Is that a protip out of nowhere that also happens to be completely wrong?

Lat. insidiosus: cunning, artful, deceitful
Lat. sinister: left (directional)
Lat. dexter: right (directional)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Isn't it sad that sinister went on to life as an infamous adjective while dexter is in common use as a name.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

G3n0c1de wrote:Isn't it sad that sinister went on to life as an infamous adjective while dexter is in common use as a name.
You sound like Rin.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Loki

Post by Loki »

delta wrote:
Loki wrote:Insidious is derived from the latin for left.

(The more you know...)
Is that a protip out of nowhere that also happens to be completely wrong?

Lat. insidiosus: cunning, artful, deceitful
Lat. sinister: left (directional)
Lat. dexter: right (directional)
(shrugs) I failed it, sue me.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

darkblade986 wrote:As I recall from her eating CG, she was using her left foot. So yeah, left-footedness would seem appropriate. Also, if I recall, left-handedness implies right-brain dominance, which is the creative side of the brain. Makes sense considering she's the resident artist of the crew.
Offhand, I can't think of any fan art where the brush isn't in her left foot, either.

In b4 FANART IS NOT CANON, FAGORT and EXAMPLE REFUTING YOUR COMMENT, LERN2SHIMMIE
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

I find it awkward how people can have such an in depth conversation about absolutely nothing and be 100% serious about it. Then I feel awkward because I participate in those conversations.

Anyways, I don't think you can tell what Rin's dominant side is just by looking at a CG of her eating with her left foot. I eat with my left hand, fix electronics with my left hand, and use the television remote with my left hand, but I'm right handed. Hell, for all we know Rin could be ambidextrous. It helps to look at every possibility.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
templar

Post by templar »

Clearly she is right-footed. The artists here just don't know how to draw that.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Well, I think Rin is left...footed.

Her personality definitely fits that of a lefty.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

Shizune would probably be right-handed if that comment about brain use/handed-ness corrlelation is correct. amirite?
Classroom CG shows Misha using her left hand, so unless she is ambidextrous (which is a gift not a disability), I would peg her as left handed.
I think in RAITA's original image he wrote that Lilly was a tad cliche, so she'd be another leftie thrown in there "to be different".

referencing the classroom CG again, Hanako covers her burn scars with her right hand, but then again, said scars are on her right hand side, so it would only be natural. let's just ask crud.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.