Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Widem

Re: Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

Post by Widem »

Hah, yeh, does kinda overshadow it doesn't it?
Gotta get used to forums which actually have people that bother to write out large walls of text.
Guest28

Post by Guest28 »

I've played Act 1 through to 100% twice now; once a few days after it came out, one this week. Interestingly my views really have changed this time around :lol:

The first time I was expecting to like Hanako the best, but ended up with Lilly. When I was asked whether to follow Hanako to the library or to look for LIlly in town, I knew Lilly was number one because I thought going to see her would be overall much more enjoyable. I found Shizune and Misha to be very annoying and tried to stay out of their way. I liked Rin after Lilly and Hanako because she's the female version of one of my best friends, followed by Emi, who I thought didn't really stand out much, followed by Mizune and Shisha.

However, the second time around- Emi won. I only just realised how cool she is :) The story of her and Hisao is definately one of the most touching, and the most empowering- Hisao really can control his own destiny. The other four girls stay almost in place tho- Lilly is great too, then Hanako. Then... Rin and Shizune. I do like Rin, but... I found her ending really distant and almost boring, not because I was bored, but because Hisao was bored. It was quite hard to read without thinking "say something, man!" So I liked Rin a little less, and liked Shizune a little more- the times when Misha isn't around, although they're not very numerous, are the best times. Rin's still the best character of the two, but the long awkward silences really kind of put me off this time around :?

So there you have it. Emi is the best, it just takes you a little while to realise :D
Widem

Post by Widem »

Then... Rin and Shizune. I do like Rin, but... I found her ending really distant and almost boring, not because I was bored, but because Hisao was bored.
I wouldn't quite say they were bored, but its more that they can appreciate the silence. Ya know, likes there's no need for words?
Ragnarok1991388

Post by Ragnarok1991388 »

Guest28 wrote:Mizune and Shisha.
Please say that was intentional. :?

PS: Rin is a beautiful goddess among mortals, and you'd do well to remember that you lowly peasant.
People who like this post may also like: tentacle rape, high pitched japanese moaning, and crying out "no! no! no!" (even though they really mean yes).
TheFreshmaker

Post by TheFreshmaker »

I went with Shizune on my first playthrough since she was the first that appeared, but as I went through the other paths I found I preferred Hanako over the others.
Vasuki

Post by Vasuki »

Originally, my favorite was Rin, but after my most recent 100% play through, I have to say that Shizune is probably tied with her. When the game's finally finished, I have no idea who I'll try and get first. Rin's just hilarious to read, but Shizune's path has a lot of a potential, here's a girl that's basically friendless with the exception of Misha, desperately trying to get you to hang out with her. On that note, I actually think Misha would be my first play through if she was an option. ;_; The enthusiastic tease, so cute. Alas, I have a theory why she isn't included...

Girl's gonna die! I'm basically new to these forums, so if someone's proposed this already, then I agree with them.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Uh-oh. Though I'm sure we've all thought that, no one's actually come out and said it because they'd be eaten alive by hordes of angry Misha-fans. Prepare thyself.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

It seems like many people who take their precious time to post here do change their preferred girl. I wonder how that would reflect in a poll compared to the first voting of who our favourite girl is.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
FALZ

Post by FALZ »

Hello, everyone. This is my first post here on these forums. Just wanted to get that out of the way, as I'm no good with introductions.

Anyway, to answer the question at hand: I originally preferred Shizune, but as I saw how she acted towards the other girls, I sort of backed away (kind of like the "bad/mean personality kills the physical beauty" deal). I much prefer Rin now, as she's just so adorable with her skewed view of everything. That, and I find her the most unique, mentally and physically.
MUUT DITTS POUMN
eyenoball

Post by eyenoball »

Well, i just finished my second 100% playthrough(had to reformat my laptop and GOODBYE routes), and found that I changed my mind twice.

Started out liking Hanako a lot(moe and all that), then it turned out that I very much preferred Shizune. Tsunderes have never been my preference(at least, I think Shizune's a tsundere?), but Shizune turned out to be a lot of fun to hang out with in her route(a feeling which is further enhanced when Misha hijacks with her own personal opinion and occassionally inaccurate tone).

And then during the second 100% playthrough, I realised that there was one character that caught my fancy and invaded my thoughts that more or less tuned out the heroines - the character that we only saw once, and started it all - Iwanako. It's kinda strange. We know next to nothing about her other than the fact that her (implied)shy crush and that she eventually grew brave enough to confess(which we all know got botched up), but it's that mystery about her that just gets me. It's kinda sad that she stopped visiting him(let's face it, it was only a crush, and in an image conscious culture, any medical flaw is a big minus point), but somehow the idea of Iwanako meeting Hisao(maybe by chance) and picking up from where they left off really appealed to me.
krabbymcnabby

Post by krabbymcnabby »

When I first went into the game i didn't know any of the characters so i obviously wasn't biased

When i first so everyone, finished (Emi Ending) my order was
Hanako; Emi; Rin; Shizune; Lily

Then after playing through a second time, I has Rin's ending which made her my top. I have a feeling we will get her to open up a bit as I could see her hiding something. (I also liked Rin's ending the best). As I kept playing I disliked shizune more and more...until i got to her route, she may have seemed less b*tchy after but I'm not into those kind of girls IRL so...

My final order for girls is the same but route-wise it's
Me; Rin; Hanako; Emi; shizune; lily
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Having played through the game again like most here, I have to say that Emi's really grown on me. She's cheerful, straightforward, physically active- I find myself getting more and more :D each time I play. Ah, if only her body type wasn't the exact opposite of what I prefer (see Kanna Kirishima from Sakura Wars)- oh well, nobody's perfect, eh?
Gash

Post by Gash »

I went in liking Hanako but Rin has really grown on me. Wierd girl that she is
qinop

Post by qinop »

When I first saw the omake page many moons ago, I really wanted to hug burn-tan.
But, as soon as I was immersed in the story, I completely forgot about "Hanako" and decided I would just see where I could get with Shizune.
But, I ended up with Emi.
On my second play through, something changed. I knew, without a doubt, I was going to win the heart of this classy girl.
But, I ended up with Rin.
On my third playthrough, I decided to use the walkthrough/chart thing. I feel ashamed now. But I got her. So, when the full game come out, I'm not cheating, and I'm definitely getting Lilly's path again.

Btw, does it strike anybody else as weird that only miss Rin and Hanako get spend the day of the festival alone with Hisao?
I know it's a lot to ask, but could you fags can stop arguing about retarded shit for a second and give me sauce?
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

There is no need to use spoilers in a feedback thread, qinop. In answer to your question: not really. Lilly's protective of Hanako and there's no reason for that to change because of a growing relationship with Hisao; on the other hand, Hanako's dependence on Lilly certainly can be weakened when she finds someone else on whom she can rely. Rin's path is basically reached by not going with any of the other girls at any prior point, so her ending makes sense. Emi doesn't have much else to do at the festival other than check on Rin's painting. Shizune is never alone in Act 1.