Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: Have you changed your mind over which girl you prefer???

Post by G3n0c1de »

abscess wrote:underdeveloped
I see what you did there...

Anyway, I went in liking Shizune, and went out in love with her.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Ozymil

Post by Ozymil »

Going into Katawa Shoujo for the first time, I was determined to obtain Hanako's end at any means necessary. That meant bulldozing through piles of text just to reach the gooey moeblob center that was my beloved Ikezawa. After having sufficiently filled myself with enough BAWWWWS to power a petting zoo, I proceeded to rummage through the other routes.

However, taking the time to read text that didn't belong to Hanako and having a natural weakness to tsunderes caused me to receive an incredible sucker punch to the gut by Shizune.

But, I wondered, could the other routes produce the same effect?

Short answer: mostly.

Suffice to say, I had developed from a Hanako fanboy to an everyone-but-Emi slave.
Donnes-moi le chocolat, Hisao! Gib mir die Schokolade, Hisao! Dame el chocolate, Hisao! Dammi il cioccolato, Hisao! Ge mig choklad, Hisao! Giv mig chokolade, Hisao! 私にチョコレートを与える, 久夫! Daj mi czekoladę, Hisao! Geef me de chocola, Hisao! (Thanks for the Dutch ver. Leotrak) Bigyan mo ako ng chocolate, Hisao! Geef mij de chocolade, Hisao! Дайте мне шоколад, Хисао! Dá-me o chocolate, Hisao!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Before I even installed KS I think I came across the original sketch that inspired the VN while looking at the Dev Blog. Purely on visual appeal my first impression was a toss up between Lilly and Shizune; probably because, to be blunt, their disabilities are not readily apparent at first glance. As I went through the different paths it was very soon clear to me that Shizune, while an excellent character, has a competitive streak I could never stand IRL. I'd classify at least 40% of her behavior as pure manipulation that would send me ballistic. Lilly I found to be very admirable and someone I'd really enjoy as a good friend but the calm, collected, controlled and nurturing persona she displays in Act 1 is too much for me. There is not enough for me to build an emotional attachment to the character. Hanako struck me as too high maintenance to even get a response from. To me a relationship is between equals and one side having to do 99% of the work in building it.... nope that type of person will never appeal to me. Rin is very intriguing to me and I can certainly admire her artistic side and enjoy her philosophical mental meanderings, but once again for me the response is there is not enough about her that resonates with me to make her my favorite. The best sort of relationship I could build with someone like Rin would be as it is euphemistically called "friends with benefits", but I more realistically call "fuck buddies". This brings me to Emi at last; while she is not well endowed physically and is often described a "Lolli", which is a departure from my tastes in real life, I find her personality the most balanced. Competitive and an organized planner, but not to the extent of Shizune. She is a touch spacey and scatterbrained at times, but she is nowhere near Rin's level of disassociation from everyday reality. Humorous and fun loving, but not to the point you want to duct tape her moth shut like Misha. Comparing Hanako's "burn moe" to Emi's "puppy dawg eyes".... I fall for the eyes every time. Unlike Lilly who seems to try to mother everyone she comes into contact with and then feels disturbed when she is unable help them; Emi is more realistic and focuses her mothering instincts to Hisao and Rin.
Thinking back to my highschool years all the girls I dated or was seriously interested in were into sports be it tennis, track, soccer or softball. It is amazing the things you realize when look back and use a little introspection on yourself.
I think over the past few months since I came across Act 1 I've examined what reasons I like and dislike aspects of these fictional characters more than any others I can think of. I've even been able to use some of the things I've become conscious of from this analysis in my relationship with my girlfriend; not that I'd ever admit that I appreciate her more or anything unmanly like that. Nope, never, not I. :oops:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

My most favourite girl has not changed but somehow after some time I decided to make Lilly my least favourite and let Emi take her place as second-favourite. Not because of her being bland or boring or any of that sort but because of my own very biased views on forming couples.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

I've been a Hanako fan from the start. Then again, we shall see when the full game comes out.
I don't even know if I'm ever going to play Shizune's path at the moment.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Shizune is the best. Always has been, always will be.
Haruhiist

Post by Haruhiist »

Started thinking I would like Hanako, and the order (of preference) would be:

Hanako>Shizune>Emi>Lilly/Rin

It ended up being like:

Emi>Hanako/Shizune/Lilly>Rin

I guess I'm just a generic, non-interesting loli lover.
But their really close together though.
smart, witty posts don't seem to be my thing.
Kamon

Post by Kamon »

Over which girl I prefer the most? No, not really. I've always been a big fan of Lilly, even more so after playing the demo.
However, I started to like both Emi and RIn more. I originally thought they were going to be incredibly annoying and whatnot. I was pleasantly surprised when I played both their paths though. :D
Paths complete: Lilly, Emi
Current path: Shizune
Current percentage: 69%. It's a sex thing.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Seroanth wrote:I've been a Hanako fan from the start. Then again, we shall see when the full game comes out.
BEST ENDING IN THE GAME.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Seroanth wrote:I've been a Hanako fan from the start. Then again, we shall see when the full game comes out.
BEST ENDING IN THE GAME.
Best ending in Act 1, we may be able to get one or two surprises out of the final product.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I knew I dug Hanako since the first time I saw the original picture. it was the "but... but I'm so..." during the supposed confession that got me. something about loving someone who doesn't think anyone will ever love them, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. that didn't change once I played the demo, though I thought I was going for Hanako the first two times and ended up getting Emi and Kenji. :shock: once I got onto Hanako's path, though, it was just what I thought it'd be. she's still my favorite.

weird thing is, Shizune's my second favorite, and I hate the tsundere thing, so I didn't think I'd like her at all. and I didn't like the manipulation shit she pulled, or that if you do her path, you hardly get to see anyone else. but it was that second scene in the cafe, where you realize that it's a challenge, that dealing with her is always going to be a challenge. that got me. something about girl who's always challenging you, but in a good way. I wanna play through her path in the full version to see the look on her face when Hisao finally beats her at something.

so yeah. Hanako and Shizune's paths are the only ones I've played twice. I like Rin a lot, but she's a little too off-kilter for me - if she was real, and acted the same way toward me she does toward Hisao, I'd either go nucking futs trying to figure out if she actually liked me or not, or I'd just give up. Lilly's nice, but she's way too motherly and all that, and I don't really dig tall blondes. and Emi's cool but she's so not my type, physically or mentally. weird thing is, I didn't know how any of those three would be before I started playing, so I don't know if I changed my mind about them.
abscess wrote:Rin and Shizune are pretty much still the same, on top, so I won't say anything about them..... for now :P
Rin and Shizune both on top? HHNNNNNNNNNGGH.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

before i even got the first act I wanted Hakamichi but after meeting Tezuka it was obvious who the one for me was
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Does anyone else think it isn't a coincidence that so many of us got a better impression of Shizune after the demo than most other girls? I think the biggest reason is because we're treated to conflict and resolution in the first act with her where there was none down any other path at their conclusions. Her route had the most impact to me, and I'm betting it's the same for many of you.
Imagine me and you...
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Her ending scene also had the greatest use of the fireworks. A lot of emotion and stuff. It was almost criminal at how good it was done compared to the other endings.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Went in liking both Lilly and Hanako, but as of the end of Act 1, I think Lilly has taken the lead.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."