Not just a blind class...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZystraL

Not just a blind class...

Post by ZystraL »

So we know Lilly is in a class full of blind kids. Okay, because they're all blind sort of makes it easier to deal with collevtively, I get that.
But check this; Hisao's class contains: Shizune, who's a deaf-mute; Misha, who's probably partially deaf which is why she knows sign language and shouts too much, and that Van Gogh inspired OC. It doesn't take a genius (or does it?) to work out that this is probably a class for the audially (?) impared or similar cases of sound-related issues.

Please tell me I'm not thinking too hard.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.

Re: Not just a blind class...

Post by Guest »

Hanako.
Your argument is invalid.

Post by Guest »

There's also the girl with only one arm, a girl with heavy epilepsy and a crippled student, along with Hisao. So Hisao's class is probably a misc class, if there even is such a thing.
Xybaro

Post by Xybaro »

I think that Hisao's class doesn't have any special theme or setup like a blind class or an audio impaired class, it's just normal with a bunch of different conditioned people in it.

Sorry if that sounds kinda strange.
Hanako Lover
Elite Soba

Post by Elite Soba »

You forget that there's also Lelouch in their class. From what I recall, Lelouch is not hearing impaired. So yeah, I guess they just decided to shove random people into that class.
Envy

Post by Envy »

There's really nothing that obviously links the students in Hisao's class except for the fact that none of them appear to require anything special to be able to learn.

There are obviously special classes but I guess they don't divide up students any more than they have to. Someone like Shizune doesn't need to go into a deaf class therefore she doesn't.
Bara

Post by Bara »

What class a student is placed in is not dictated by their disability, but by the methods and special materials needed to instruct them. People keep getting it backwards. The students are grouped by how they can learn, not because they share a type of disability. :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Class 3-3 is a plot flaw?

lol
"...!"
Bara

Post by Bara »

No, students are not grouped because they are blind or amputees or deaf. They are grouped by their ability to handle the teaching medium. A chalkboard is next to useless as a everyday item in a class of visually impared. The same for overhead slide projectors. Braille writters would be next to useless in class 3-2. Audio equipment would be of minimal use in a class for the deaf.
What class would you put a deaf, partialy sighted, amputee in? It is about how they can best teach the student; not about pigeonholing the kids by injuries.
:wink:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Malinor

Post by Malinor »

That's kind of how I assumed it was.

That, and I don't really think the devs bothered to put that much (Read: any) thought into it because I don't foresee the teaching methods at the school being relevant in any fashion in the full game, so they probably didn't bother with it.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

3-2 is a class specifically for blind students (both completely blind and legally blind) due to teaching methods for the blind typically being different to other teaching methods (and also involving different equipment, such as braille typewriters). Hisao's class is indeed a "miscellaneous" class, as are most in Yamaku.

So Bara is right.
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

I actually had one blind and one partially sighted pupil in my class, in a normal secondary school. They had computers with braille to be able to take notes and deliver assignments, as well as braille books and various teaching aids, but they took part in the teaching along with everyone else, including group assignments and class discussions.

We also had some kids in the school (not my class) who had hearing aids, but the totally deaf kids were sent away to a school for the deaf.

You see, it is actually easier to mix blind kids with other kids, because they can socially interact with other kids in the class and in the school. It's harder for deaf kids because they'll need an interpreter or a portable blackboard at all times, also during breaks.

This is how I rationalize Shizune being in Hisao's class:

- Because of overflow or conflicts (oh drama!) she was put in the mixed class along with an interpreter, or an interpreter-student, as a temporary measure.
- Misha got to know her and learned sign language.
- The other interpreter student transfered out, or Shizune liked it so much in the new class that with Misha's help the school didn't need to use the interpreter anymore.

Alternatively:
- Shizune's been at a school for the deaf in primary school, but in high school she was to be mixed with other students with an interpreter, which became unnecessary when Misha learned sign language.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
Bara

Post by Bara »

Suriko wrote:So Bara is right.
Someone check the thermometer down in Hell, please... :oops:

Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Bara wrote:
Suriko wrote:So Bara is right.
Someone check the thermometer down in Hell, please... :oops:
24 degrees on the Celsius scale here.

I have a sort of related question to the topic of tutoring methods in Yamaku. I know Shizune has Misha as an interpreter but considering her nature I wonder why she does not bother to learn lip-reading as it would help her with studying far better than to rely on another person. (RAITA's picture comes to mind). Even considering the imperative of Hisao having to learn sign language - I find it odd that she is limiting herself to only that form of communication (unless it turns out in her route that she has been learning lip-reading parallel to Hisao learning sign for each other's sake :) ).
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Maybe Muto lectures with his back to the class as he writes on the board? I'll probably have to replay to check.
静音是买外夫