If you have a disability, what would it be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ContinualNaba

Re: If you have a disability, what would it be?

Post by ContinualNaba »

I was raised being told that certain sexual acts would lead to blindness, not the other way around. Granted, half of those ways involved beehives and alligators, but the point still stands.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

Caesius wrote:
ze spy wrote:I'm already blind in one eye so I guess that. (And no, I was born with it so it doesn't look that weird.)
Tell us an embarrassing story about a time where you misjudged size and/or distance. (not including sexual acts)

I've gotten used to it but I when I get nervous or act quickly I often mess up, for example, when I was around 14 I got into a fight and hit the air in front of him, I then proceeded to get my ass kicked.
"That weird motherfucker"
Laughing Crow

Post by Laughing Crow »

Im tempted to use the Salinger 'Dumb deaf mute' quote but instead ill go with...

Chronic insomnia mixed with hyper activity (not really a disability, basically someone who cant sit still for a minute without jigging there foot or tapping there fingers. Has to do something to keep there body occupied)
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Laughing Crow wrote:Chronic insomnia mixed with hyper activity (not really a disability, basically someone who cant sit still for a minute without jigging there foot or tapping there fingers. Has to do something to keep there body occupied)
That's so cheap! I sometimes have insomnia and I can't keep still (I have to focus hard to keep still unless I'm really tired), and it's not bad at all. Just that you need to get up if you're not doing anything or you'll go crazy.

Though, neither of mine is bad, typing and clicking is enough for me and my insomnia thing isn't really insomnia, it's just I have trouble sleeping a couple times a week.

I would chose Congenital Insensitivity to Pain. I'm not sure if that applies to all physical feeling, actually, but whatever I'm thinking of is the inability to feel anything physical. Wait, would that mean sex wouldn't be fun? :shock: Nevermind.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

A guy who works at the same company as my mother has the whole "unable to feel pain" thing. Won't recommend it. He is always full of burns and cuts and bruises because he does not notice when he accidentally rests with his arm on the open grill or something.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Well... isn't this avoidable if you're a bit careful?
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

Uh you'd have to pretty much "be careful" all of the time. Just doesn't happen in reality.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

Well, this is what-if. I find that to be one of the most interesting disabilities, anyway. I don't want any of these in real life, but if I had to choose one seriously, I'd pick one that doesn't effect me much.

I think it could be fun, though, if someone like Rin (doesn't care) had that disability.

"Hey! You're bleeding!!"
"Huh? Where?"
"Your arm!"
"Uh... Oh. Huh. Darn."
"Well!?"
"Well what?"
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

You have to check your body every day for scrapes, and even then your life expectancy is sharply reduced. It's not something that doesn't affect you much.
Minister of Gloom

Scarlet Fox wrote:Well, this is what-if. I find that to be one of the most interesting disabilities, anyway. I don't want any of these in real life, but if I had to choose one seriously, I'd pick one that doesn't effect me much.

I think it could be fun, though, if someone like Rin (doesn't care) had that disability.

"Hey! You're bleeding!!"
"Huh? Where?"
"Your arm!"
"Uh... Oh. Huh. Darn."
"Well!?"
"Well what?"
I have a hard time picturing Rin bleeding from her arms. :?

I got the idea, though.
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

whiteflags wrote:Uh you'd have to pretty much "be careful" all of the time. Just doesn't happen in reality.
Wait, does that disability prevent you from feeling pressure as well, or just pain?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Minister of Gloom

Well, I guess it does. I don't think it makes sense otherwise, no?
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Well, I guess it does. I don't think it makes sense otherwise, no?
I think it could make sense even if they did feel pressure. IIRC pressure and pain are two different things. Or something.
Minister of Gloom

Not a neurologist. Can't really help with that, I just said what I thought to be logical.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

They are probably seperate. Still, even if you can feel pressure, it's still be extremely easy to injure yourself.