If you have a disability, what would it be?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DESU

Re: If you have a disability, what would it be?

Post by DESU »

ADD, OCD, aspergers.

feels bad man.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
No I'm Misha

Post by No I'm Misha »

I would have something grisly no doubt.

Messily severed limbs, an eye torn out of its sockets, nasty scars, etc
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

I actually wouldn't mind having something like Hanako. I'm already somewhat of an anti-social person except with my closest friends, and the burns don't seem to really bother her (in terms of pain) ...at least from what we can see. Personally, I don't mind the look of burn scars.

I'm already severely nearsighted and need to wear pretty powerful glasses, but wearing glasses is common enough that I don't really count it. Can't see anything that isn't a foot in front of me without them though.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Member22

Post by Member22 »

For my case... I am not sure whether this is fully applicable, but how about obesity?... I mean morbid obesity (BMI >40). It may not sound like a disability, but as I saw in some people, it can do much more than just cripple/immobilize etc. In obesity you can have:

1. MI's (1 or more attacks) and end up like hisao (in terms of treatment/intensive care)
2. Diabetes... which is like a category with so many complications in itself e.g blindness, gangrene/limb infection (-> loss of limb(s)), kidney problems -> dialysis (look it up I don't have time to write about it, sorry)
3. Arthritis -> a potential application for joint replacements (in certain ppl)
4. Cancers... lots of them (again, depends on the risk factors etc), and surgery can be radical e.g full colon removal and colostomy
5. Countless other problems that are organ-specific
6. Obesity comes with its social problems, as I have had my own god damned share... although exercise may sound easy to do, but it requires an effort that I cannot describe... and maybe even Emi could barely help you if you are severely obese
7. Depending on many factors, obesity has the potential to hook you up on life long meds.

The reason I wrote this is because I am currently struggling with obesity for about 6 years, and for that I suffered a lot of physical and social problems... and from other friends who had different disabilities like spina bifida, hemplegia and others... I'd say I almost suffered like them, but in a different way.
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Juno

Post by Juno »

My disability would be coming up with weird as hell topics.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Juno wrote:My disability would be coming up with weird as hell topics.
That is only a disability in real life. It is beneficial on the internet.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Does synesthesia count as a disability? I doubt it, but it would be awesome to have anyway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Also, this topic makes baby Jesus cry.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

techk8

Post by techk8 »

My disability would be albinism. BY DEFINITION IT'S A DISABILITY DAMNIT.
Being albino, I would dress like Auron.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Juno

Post by Juno »

Bara wrote:That is only a disability in real life. It is beneficial on the internet.
Looking at this topic makes me really doubt that.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

techk8 wrote:My disability would be albinism. BY DEFINITION IT'S A DISABILITY DAMNIT.
Being albino, I would dress like Auron.
Too bad real life albinism isn't as nice as in animes. In real life you look rather bad with it, you have a ton drawbacks too...
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

I used to know an albino person so photosensitive (and somewhat paranoid to boot) that he walked around with an umbrella much of the time. Living in Florida made it worse, of course, but still. He was also hated by pretty much everyone at the school, for little reason other than that.

Well, maybe he poked one of them in the eye with the umbrella or something one day, I dunno, but I don't think so.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

I would not mind being like emi and losing my legs. It might be inconvenient, but I dont think it would impede me doing what I like the most so I would not mind. There isn't one I would actually want though, this is if i had to pick.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

To be honest I could probably have exactly what Hisao has.
Story Time:
//My father's side has had a history with heart problems and recently I do have my own troubles with shortness of breath, heart pounding when heading up stairs and a slight case of asthma I have developed this last year. And to think I played hockey through that. Now you know its not from me being out of shape.//
If only that did happen, I wonder if my life would have been like his is turning out.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

If I had to go for a Disability? I'd take my chances with hemochromatosis, that way I could blame my rosy red cheeks on iron oversaturation.

I'm rather confused as to why so many people here confuse disorders (ADD, OCD, Autism and its varients) with disabilities. Media misrepresentation?
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Some missionaries just came to my door now to read several dozen Bible passages.

I pretended to have a bad leg that hurts to stand on so they'd go away. I shoul'dve pretended to be deaf. Or better yet blind, since I doubt they had materials in braille. Anyone want some pamphlets?