Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
Fuin

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Fuin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:59 am

Pseudogenesis wrote:Apparently my account doesn't exist on the entire F@H leaderboards, let alone the KS team, even though I logged in my info on the F@H PS3 interface. Solution?
It can take some time for things to get updated. You're on the team now, it would seem.

It's been folding for 2 days, and I only have 2 WUs logged thus far. :S
What client do you use? If it's the uniprocessor one, you'll have to live with it having a slow output. However, if you've a dual- or quadcore Palodin's advice should be useful:
Palodin wrote: If you have a dual/quad core you could give the SMP client a go. It'd burn through them at a better pace. Best using the V7 beta client for that:

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... etaRelease
Also, I'd love one of those sig thingies with WU and points tracked.
Click on User Control Panel, Profile and Edit signature. Enter your F@H nick between the fahsign tags like shown below.

Code: Select all

[fahsign]Nick[/fahsign]

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm using just a PS3 right now, so I get about 1 WU done every 6 hours. It says I've done 4 now. I just let it fold for 6 hours, then give it a bit of a rest.

Thanks for the info. I'll add the sig thing at an unspecified later date.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"

Xiious

Post by Xiious » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 pm

I had to stop folding for a while guys, sorry about that. I'll start back up when I get my internet back up.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm up to 10 WUs now. Not bad for a few days' folding on my PS3.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:56 am

So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm

Good question.

dwarduk

Post by dwarduk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Xanatos wrote:So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
It's saved the university that's running it a hell of a lot of money and computing time. </cynic>
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>

Fuin

Post by Fuin » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:31 am

Xanatos wrote:So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
Here's a list of research papers from F@H. As I understand it, they've come some way towards developing a new strategy to fight Alzeimer's Disease among other things.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:36 am

Yes, it has.

In other news, I am back at home and have started folding again. At the moment only at my laptop, but I think I'll get my PS3 back sometime next week.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Soyucky

Post by Soyucky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 am

Can someone explain what this is?
Hi there! Image

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 am

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.

Bara

Post by Bara » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Back to the number one spot on the team. I've soooo been there; done that. Someone needs to knock me out of the number one spot. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Bara wrote:Back to the number one spot on the team. I've soooo been there; done that. Someone needs to knock me out of the number one spot. :twisted:

Running my PS3 nonstop is pushing its sorry luck, so I doubt I'll be claiming the glory anytime soon.

Palodin

Post by Palodin » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am

I'd try but I doubt I'll even breach the top 10 anytime soon. I can pull 10-20k a day if I really try but even then it'd be a couple of years to match your current score :( . Maybe running my PS3 24/7 could provide me with a wee boost... and I have a media PC downstairs that might be worth a couple hundred a day...

I blame the two years I took away from folding, I did it for a few months after the demo then forgot about it until the full release. I note monthly outputs dropping off as well (4 mil in january to 2 in July), a lot of people must be doing that now.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:30 pm

PS3 doesn't amount to much - at least if you want to catch up to Bara ^^°
A bit more than 600 points per packet at one packet every six hours or so, iIrc.
I had that thing running for almost 20 months.

Sore wa himitsu desu.