Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Xanatos wrote:So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
Yes, it has.

In other news, I am back at home and have started folding again. At the moment only at my laptop, but I think I'll get my PS3 back sometime next week.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Soyucky

Post by Soyucky »

Can someone explain what this is?
Hi there! Image
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Back to the number one spot on the team. I've soooo been there; done that. Someone needs to knock me out of the number one spot. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Bara wrote:Back to the number one spot on the team. I've soooo been there; done that. Someone needs to knock me out of the number one spot. :twisted:

Running my PS3 nonstop is pushing its sorry luck, so I doubt I'll be claiming the glory anytime soon.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

I'd try but I doubt I'll even breach the top 10 anytime soon. I can pull 10-20k a day if I really try but even then it'd be a couple of years to match your current score :( . Maybe running my PS3 24/7 could provide me with a wee boost... and I have a media PC downstairs that might be worth a couple hundred a day...

I blame the two years I took away from folding, I did it for a few months after the demo then forgot about it until the full release. I note monthly outputs dropping off as well (4 mil in january to 2 in July), a lot of people must be doing that now.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

PS3 doesn't amount to much - at least if you want to catch up to Bara ^^°
A bit more than 600 points per packet at one packet every six hours or so, iIrc.
I had that thing running for almost 20 months.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

2400 a day isn't terrible I guess, certainly better than the single core performance by a mile. Still, got enough machines running in this room of a night, last thing I need is a PS3 humming away as well, belching out heat even if it is for science.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Palodin wrote:2400 a day isn't terrible I guess, certainly better than the single core performance by a mile. Still, got enough machines running in this room of a night, last thing I need is a PS3 humming away as well, belching out heat even if it is for science.
Oh, so you hate orphans? I bet you even torture puppies.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Pseudogenesis wrote:
Palodin wrote:2400 a day isn't terrible I guess, certainly better than the single core performance by a mile. Still, got enough machines running in this room of a night, last thing I need is a PS3 humming away as well, belching out heat even if it is for science.
Damn. However did you guess. Furry, crapping little horrors.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Palodin wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:
Damn. However did you guess. Furry, crapping little horrors.
But they do taste good deep fried on a stick... :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Gordon_4

Post by Gordon_4 »

Well, this is fortunate, I have a home server that only serves movies and such to media devices (WDTV Live boxes) and its on all the time. So this seems like as good a way as any to do a little something with it :)
James Cameron AND Shizune fanboy.
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Welp, bought myself a shiny new GTX 660 the other day, figured I'd try some folding on it. Turns out only people who've been approved for their beta program can fold on them for the time being :x . Quite annoyed at that. Still, got the old i5 chugging away doing some work.
FoxtrotZero

Post by FoxtrotZero »

Well, this is an interesting project. I feel like I've heard of it before.

I don't have a great computer or anything, but I try to keep workload down because of that, so I've probably got some processing time to spare. And I guess the KS team can claim my help, since this is the first 'group' I've heard of.

Edit: Alright, proud to say I've got it going. Curiousity requires I ask if there's a way to get one of those fancy signature banners.
Reccomended Fanfic: Sisterhood by Guest Poster - Braving the Storm by Doomish - Akira Pseudo-Route (WIP) by Thanatos02
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

FoxtrotZero wrote: Alright, proud to say I've got it going. Curiousity requires I ask if there's a way to get one of those fancy signature banners.
It's posted on every second page of this thread, for example here:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1779&start=817

Sore wa himitsu desu.