Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Episcia

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Episcia »

I actually am using SMP. Sure, I'll go try the v7 beta..if not for the potential 1,400 point big project my client's working on.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Well you've earned my folding. I'm reluctant to leave my PS3 on for hours at end, but I'll run it when I've got nothing else to do with it.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

My PS3 was running for over a year with no ill effects.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

The way I've got it set up, it's on a hardwood desk with only about a third of a foot of empty space behind the back vents. I know PS3s have awesome heat management, I'm just a little bit trepidatious because my Fat model got YLOD and crashed, and I had to buy an entirely new one.

While we're on the topic, how do I link my PS3 to the F@H ID code I've just gotten? I can't find the option.
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Fuin

Post by Fuin »

Pseudogenesis wrote: While we're on the topic, how do I link my PS3 to the F@H ID code I've just gotten? I can't find the option.
By 'F@H ID code', do you mean the team number? If so:
Fuin wrote:
Ippo279 wrote:I have a PS3, and have Folding@Home, but don't know what to do from there to get it to account to KS, and where can I get one of those sigs?
I don't have a PS3 myself but this guide might help. Scroll down to Step 4: Change Identity settings.

KS' team number is 167809.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Thanks.

Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Apparently my account doesn't exist on the entire F@H leaderboards, let alone the KS team, even though I logged in my info on the F@H PS3 interface. Solution?

Also, I'd love one of those sig thingies with WU and points tracked.

It's been folding for 2 days, and I only have 2 WUs logged thus far. :S

Fuin

Post by Fuin »

Pseudogenesis wrote:Apparently my account doesn't exist on the entire F@H leaderboards, let alone the KS team, even though I logged in my info on the F@H PS3 interface. Solution?
It can take some time for things to get updated. You're on the team now, it would seem.

It's been folding for 2 days, and I only have 2 WUs logged thus far. :S
What client do you use? If it's the uniprocessor one, you'll have to live with it having a slow output. However, if you've a dual- or quadcore Palodin's advice should be useful:
Palodin wrote: If you have a dual/quad core you could give the SMP client a go. It'd burn through them at a better pace. Best using the V7 beta client for that:

https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... etaRelease
Also, I'd love one of those sig thingies with WU and points tracked.
Click on User Control Panel, Profile and Edit signature. Enter your F@H nick between the fahsign tags like shown below.

Code: Select all

[fahsign]Nick[/fahsign]
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I'm using just a PS3 right now, so I get about 1 WU done every 6 hours. It says I've done 4 now. I just let it fold for 6 hours, then give it a bit of a rest.

Thanks for the info. I'll add the sig thing at an unspecified later date.

Xiious

Post by Xiious »

I had to stop folding for a while guys, sorry about that. I'll start back up when I get my internet back up.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

I'm up to 10 WUs now. Not bad for a few days' folding on my PS3.

Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Good question.

dwarduk

Post by dwarduk »

Xanatos wrote:So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
It's saved the university that's running it a hell of a lot of money and computing time. </cynic>
Meiko will be my waifu. I swear it on my honour. </Zuko>
Fuin

Post by Fuin »

Xanatos wrote:So...What does all of this accomplish again? I see a lot of posts about cancer and all but has any of this folding stuff actually done anything yet?
Here's a list of research papers from F@H. As I understand it, they've come some way towards developing a new strategy to fight Alzeimer's Disease among other things.