Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sirdakz03

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by sirdakz03 »

Hi guyz! Just joined the folding team! Also currently playing the game...

I'm kinda in to it... ^_^

BTW, where do you guyz get that F@H customized information banner?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Put

Code: Select all

[fahsign]Username[/fahsign]
in your Sig.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Oh, Okay... one more thing... Where can I edit my signature? Sorry for the ask..

Was it like this? ??
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Nevermind, I think I just got it... Thank you for the help!!! ^_^
tomoya-kun

Post by tomoya-kun »

I'm number six now, climbing up the ladder.
Hananosei

Post by Hananosei »

I just wanted to say that I also joined the group as well.

And thank you for creating this lovely, amazing, inspiring game. <3

Diddlemuffins

Post by Diddlemuffins »

Forgive me for not reading this whole thread, but my head is hurting just after a few pages. I sort of understand what this is all about, but I have no idea where I stand in setting it up. I've downloaded the program, and I think I've set up a username and assigned myself to the KatawaShoujo group in a screen I've only accessed once. I looked at my section of my taskbar for background programs and I see four of the icon. They all say "CPU - F@H Working (0/250)" when I hover over them.

Am I doing something? A constant "0/250" doesn't seem to suggest so. If someone could lend me a hand I'd appreciate it.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Depending on what kind of client you use and what machine you're running it on, it could take some time to see progress...
If you right-click on the icon and choose Status - Log File, you should see if your machine is doing something.
If not, you should provide some more info, most importantly which client you use.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Diddlemuffins

Post by Diddlemuffins »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Depending on what kind of client you use and what machine you're running it on, it could take some time to see progress...
If you right-click on the icon and choose Status - Log File, you should see if your machine is doing something.
If not, you should provide some more info, most importantly which client you use.
If I had to guess by the log file it is doing something. I guess I'll just assume everything's fine there. I have another question if you don't mind though. I type in the code for the F@H group banner but it's not coming up. When I checked the link from OP's post my name wasn't at the bottom there. I haven't seen that page I entered my username and group in since I first clicked the shortcut. Whenever I click the shortcut now I see some kind of message I don't understand. Any advice?

Thanks by the way.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You'll only be added to the list after you've completed your first workunit, i.e. after you've actually contributed something.
(Even then it might take 2-3 hours until the next update of the site.)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Diddlemuffins

Post by Diddlemuffins »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You'll only be added to the list after you've completed your first workunit, i.e. after you've actually contributed something.
(Even then it might take 2-3 hours until the next update of the site.)
Alright then, cool beans. Thanks.
green_shadow622

Post by green_shadow622 »

Another way of knowing is to check your CPU usage. Just check in windows task manager, should be at 100% under default settings I think. Either way, even if it's not at 100%, just compare the CPU usage when it's on and when it's off, and you should see a *very* noticeable difference.
Diddlemuffins

Post by Diddlemuffins »

green_shadow622 wrote:Another way of knowing is to check your CPU usage. Just check in windows task manager, should be at 100% under default settings I think. Either way, even if it's not at 100%, just compare the CPU usage when it's on and when it's off, and you should see a *very* noticeable difference.
You mean where you go when you push "Ctrl+Alt+Del"? I can't find a status for my background programs there, just the things that come up on my main taskbar.
green_shadow622

Post by green_shadow622 »

Diddlemuffins wrote:
green_shadow622 wrote:Another way of knowing is to check your CPU usage. Just check in windows task manager, should be at 100% under default settings I think. Either way, even if it's not at 100%, just compare the CPU usage when it's on and when it's off, and you should see a *very* noticeable difference.
You mean where you go when you push "Ctrl+Alt+Del"? I can't find a status for my background programs there, just the things that come up on my main taskbar.
You can right-click on your taskbar, and click on "Start Task Manager," then go under the performance tab.
Diddlemuffins

Post by Diddlemuffins »

green_shadow622 wrote:
Diddlemuffins wrote:
You can right-click on your taskbar, and click on "Start Task Manager," Then go under the performance tab.
Okay, I think I get where you're going with this. This program will divert any kind of attention my computer can spare then? It's at 53% right now so I'm assuming it isn't running right. I have 5 of the icon in my background applications right now. I'm thinking another one might have come up every time I tried to click the shortcut. Perhaps I've accidentally confused the program and it can't run at it's full potential. Should I close the extra ones (only one says something besides 0/250)?