Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Talifan9

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Talifan9 »

Bara wrote:Bwahahaha! I'm back! Just like herpes.... err no I didn't mean that.... but, anyway I'm back in my rightful number 1 spot on the KS F@H team. Who will be the next challenger to attempt to usurp my throne! Who shall it be! Come on! I and my spinach powered computer (named Popeye of course) dare the next challenger! Step up and get beaten down like your name is Blutto! :roll:

Dang my post count is still over 1K? Thought there would have been some thread deletions that would have cut it down more.
Hm, alright. I'll take that challenge.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Talifan9 wrote:
Bara wrote:Bwahahaha! I'm back! Just like herpes.... err no I didn't mean that.... but, anyway I'm back in my rightful number 1 spot on the KS F@H team. Who will be the next challenger to attempt to usurp my throne! Who shall it be! Come on! I and my spinach powered computer (named Popeye of course) dare the next challenger! Step up and get beaten down like your name is Blutto! :roll:
Well that explains what happened. :?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

griffon8 wrote:
Talifan9 wrote:
Well that explains what happened. :?
Hm?
Bara

Post by Bara »

Talifan9 wrote:Hm?
I think they are referring to you putting up something like 50K PPD; double my output.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Bara wrote:
I think they are referring to you putting up something like 50K PPD; double my output.
Oh, that. Give the average some time to level out :D
Edit: Hm...none of the image signatures are working for me. Odd.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

50K PPD? I'm on 1185 at the moment, and this is very good for me!

I feel so inadequate :oops:
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Talifan9 wrote:
Bara wrote:
Oh, that. Give the average some time to level out :D
I’m referring to the fact that Talifan, after being absent so long, started folding for KS again, which means I picked up another ‘threat’ on my user page.

Let the average level out? You’ve nearly quadrupled Bara’s output for the week!
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

griffon8 wrote:Let the average level out? You’ve nearly quadrupled Bara’s output for the week!
Ah, its nothing :wink: I just let my system run and I don't interrupt it much.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Talifan9 wrote:
griffon8 wrote:Let the average level out? You’ve nearly quadrupled Bara’s output for the week!
Ah, its nothing :wink: I just let my system run and I don't interrupt it much.
99k PPD average. Just let it run? Pull the other one it's got bells on. :lol:

Well, I can't get much more out of my machine without totally ripping it apart and upgrading it to a purely folding machine. Frankly, thats too much work & $ for my lazy, cheap ass. :mrgreen:

Hmmm, install my old card into my girlfriends machine ... maybe I could get another 15K a day.... :roll:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Bara wrote:Hmmm, install my old card into my girlfriends machine ... maybe I could get another 15K a day.... :roll:
Trust me, you don't need to. You've already won the battle :lol:
:(
Bara

Post by Bara »

Talifan9 wrote:
Bara wrote:Hmmm, install my old card into my girlfriends machine ... maybe I could get another 15K a day.... :roll:
Trust me, you don't need to. You've already won the battle :lol:
:(
Well thats a relief. :lol:

ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Can anyone explain what this Folding@Home thing is?

I've checked the site and from what I gather its some kind of program or something like that that tries to find ways to cure diseases with protein? Im not sure how a program that gathers data from the PC can find cures. Or maybe I'm completly off and its something else completely :lol:
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

It's distributed computing, like SETI@home. You download the program from Stanford’s site and it uses otherwise unused computer capacity to fold protein for research.

Griffon8's Writing
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

ogorhan wrote:Can anyone explain what this Folding@Home thing is?

I've checked the site and from what I gather its some kind of program or something like that that tries to find ways to cure diseases with protein? Im not sure how a program that gathers data from the PC can find cures. Or maybe I'm completly off and its something else completely :lol:
The easiest way to understand it is as such: Just as having multiple cores in a cpu usually means more processing power, spreading out computations to multiple computers around the world can do the same. In this case, Folding@Home uses many computers to research how diseases form (from the folding of proteins) and ways to prevent them from doing so. As everyone contributes to a common pool, you don't need a very powerful pc to make a difference.

Now, off to eat birthday cake and let my computer go back to its job...

Edit: I'm afraid that is all from me for now...
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Woopah, hit the top 200 on the site! I'd like to thank my computer, and my parents for not getting pissed at my computer being on ALL THE TIME.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.