Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Bara »

Ropewash wrote:Karma bit me on the ass for that comment.
Hey at least you have a reason. I wish I could claim advancing senility or something for forgetting to turn clients back on after rebooting machines. My grilfriend has long known how to thoroughly distract me from my computer. She sneaks up behind me and rubs her breasts against my shoulders. Kiss any higher brain functions goodbye.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Just copy the F@H shortcut into the Start programs menu folder. It's the only way to not miss firing it up.
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

coldacid wrote:Sadly, I suffer from reason #3 there, or I would get into the Folding@Home stuff. I need a new computer :(
No worries. Like I said, I just thought it was funny.
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

Bara wrote:
Ropewash wrote:Karma bit me on the ass for that comment.
Hey at least you have a reason. I wish I could claim advancing senility or something for forgetting to turn clients back on after rebooting machines. My grilfriend has long known how to thoroughly distract me from my computer. She sneaks up behind me and rubs her breasts against my shoulders. Kiss any higher brain functions goodbye.
Isn't that a rather interesting facet of the human genome in and of itself?

...Mind over matter...Mind over matter...
...Mind o-... tits...
Bara

Post by Bara »

berserker29 wrote:...Mind o-... tits...
Of course, If'n you like the tits you pay mind to them. I LIKE!!! :mrgreen:

But my fetis... errrr... personnal life aside; I'm going to try and get a few good days of folding in before the holidays because I'll be running all over and won't have too much time at home to babysit F@H clients running on my computers. Seems like once I think to myself that everything has been fine for a few weeks with no problems and I'm safe to ignore them for a bit, something screwball pops up and glitches them.

I haven't looked at the F@H site in a couple of weeks. Have they put out any more word on an ETA for the new GPU3 client and such? I'm just curious, so I'm asking, but not so motivated as to look it up myself.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

As a general rule F@H developers tend to never give ANY ETA - which is the main reason I was so surprised to find that little post of the good doctor's - so your guess is as good as mine right now. Here's to hoping that no news is good news. *Raises Powerade into air*

However SMP2 (Linux/mac first) has apparently been moved up to internal-beta status, so a public beta may pop up even sooner for that.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Time to bring the pain.

I'm still messing with settings, but preliminary results suggest that...

I'll be doing ~12.5k PPD.

I modded my 8800GT into a 9800GT and bought a 9800GT off a friend for 20 USD. I'll probably be downclocking my 8800GT a bit and trying to find a sweet spot for stability, but I wouldn't be surprised if I would end up doing 9~10k PPD.

Hell yes.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:Time to bring the pain.

I'm still messing with settings, but preliminary results suggest that...

I'll be doing ~12.5k PPD.
Oooooh! Methinks that is the sound of a gauntlet being dropped fellas. :lol:
Kota wrote:I modded my 8800GT into a 9800GT and bought a 9800GT off a friend for 20 USD. I'll probably be downclocking my 8800GT a bit and trying to find a sweet spot for stability, but I wouldn't be surprised if I would end up doing 9~10k PPD.

Hell yes.
Nice deal on the 9800GT. This talk is making me think of running F@H on my girlfriends computer instead of SETI@Home. And Tiger Direct is (as always) having a clearance sale.... :mrgreen:
Nope, (my e-peen is) not important enough to fit into the household budget right now. Guess I'll just have to put up with someone else gaining on me. :wink:

Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Bara wrote:This talk is making me think of running F@H on my girlfriends computer instead of SETI@Home.
E.T. can go to hell! Boot up F@H!
Kota

Post by Kota »

Well, with further testing, I'm finding that my 8800GT, now BIOS modded, runs a lot hotter than it used to. On the other hand, the real 9800GT can overclock like nobody's business.

Right now I'm seeing about 11.7k PPD, but as I said, I'm still messing with things.

At least this will let me keep folding while I play games. I might end up restoring my 8800GT to an 8800GT BIOS just because of temps, and dump my dreams of SLI.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:Well, with further testing, I'm finding that my 8800GT, now BIOS modded, runs a lot hotter than it used to. On the other hand, the real 9800GT can overclock like nobody's business.
Nah, run it till it flames out in a shower of sparks and smoke... then get an upgraded replacement card. :wink:

Noooo, Honey/Darling/Cupcake I had absolutely no idea why it died but I HAVE to get a replacement *cough* upgrade now. :lol:

Kota

Post by Kota »

Haha, I like the way you think, but I'm afraid my budget can't handle that.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

Kota wrote:Haha, I like the way you think, but I'm afraid my budget can't handle that.
That's what's warranties are for.

"No sir, I don't know why my card suddenly burst into flames, but its only 3 days old, so it must still fall under the warranty."
*repeat 2 days later*
Kota

Post by Kota »

Now there's an idea. Actually, I don't think they make 8800GTs anymore, do they? And yet I have a lifetime warranty...I should look into this.
Ropewash

Post by Ropewash »

"Lifetime Warranty"
Your lifetime or the card's lifetime?
I've always kinda wondered about lifetime warranties on products that are designed to last about 2 years before becoming obsolete.