Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

techk8

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by techk8 »

Alright, so I have MPI running finely. Hopefully, this doesn't fuck up mah rank.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Bara

Post by Bara »

techk8 wrote:Alright, so I have MPI running finely. Hopefully, this doesn't fuck up mah rank.
Ok, gratz on getting MPI up. I'm still looking for that dang page with the link on the F@H site but it was burried pretty deep. :(

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

Been away for a while, but congratulations on hitting the 1million mark, Bara.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Alright, so I'm folding. Here's the thing, my single P4 gives me credit, while my C2D, while folding, is not. I WANT TO UP MAH RANK, DAMNIT!
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Ropewash

Post by Ropewash »

Sure you got the username/team/passkey working ?
My MAC client would bugger those up if I used cut/paste to enter them. Worked fine if I typed them in manually.

Set machine ID#'s to 1, 2 etc maybe.
I've had the same results using 1,2,3 as I did with 1,1,2 so I don't know what's going on there.
Three different clients on three different machines and they all act differently... Go figure
(32bit linux / SMB linux or SMB OSX dual-boot / GPU2 XP)

On another topic.. While running the SMB linux client I had one WU doing it's loopback not through the local-loopback.. but rather through a pair of TCP ports.
That one took a good long while to grind through. (also freaked me out wondering why my traffic was redlined until a netstat -p popped up fah6)
Anyone else seen that?
techk8

Post by techk8 »

This is my second client, but I'm not using the first one, because, you know, dual core.
But yeah, I made sure, I made three times freaking sure, that my username, team id, and passkey is correct.
Ropewash

Post by Ropewash »

Shot in the dark here...
Assuming you're running windows client.
Try completely un-installing the original client / re-installing the new one.
Might just be a registry or file conflict between the two.

Another side note.. Seems the latest round of ubuntu patches broke SMP 6.24 beta.
6.20 works fine.
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

Would this be a bad time to point out that we passed folding texas a while back?
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Haven't posted in this thread in a good while, one question.

How much does the PS3 client affect your PPD? Just as a heads up so I can decide if it's worth the extra power bill
Bara

Post by Bara »

Duo2Cuo wrote:Haven't posted in this thread in a good while, one question.

How much does the PS3 client affect your PPD? Just as a heads up so I can decide if it's worth the extra power bill
Not a huge ammount. If I remember correctly the PS3 work units get you about 350ish points per WU. I remember reading a post on the F@H forums breaking down the Points Per WU/ Watts consumed to generate them. The PS3 came off not as favorable as even the General CGP Client. The PS3 Light that they are selling now might be a better Watt to PPD ratio since I think it uses a slighly smaller power supply.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

If you ran a Playstation 3 24/7 Folding@Home Expert Mode, you'll bump your PPD average somewhere to the tune of 900-1000. The WUs it does can be done in a little over 6 hours and, IIRC, are worth 251.
Ropewash

Post by Ropewash »

berserker29 wrote:Would this be a bad time to point out that we passed folding texas a while back?
Yeah.
RoadRunner got his electricity bill. :)
berserker29

Post by berserker29 »

This is the piece of a faq that originally got me into folding. Made me lol.

Q: Are there any valid reasons not to fold?

A: Yes, valid reasons are:

* You are doing another medical research based distributed computing project.
* You will never get Alzheimer's neither will your friends or relatives whether present or future and you don't care about strangers who may.
* Your PC runs at 100% all the time even when you are not in front of it.
* They've already found the cure for Alzheimer's.

(From hardfolding.com - my OLD team)
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Sadly, I suffer from reason #3 there, or I would get into the Folding@Home stuff. I need a new computer :(
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Ropewash

Post by Ropewash »

Ropewash wrote:
berserker29 wrote:Would this be a bad time to point out that we passed folding texas a while back?
Yeah.
RoadRunner got his electricity bill. :)
Karma bit me on the ass for that comment.
A short brownout last night caused my UPS to overload trying to supply the running clients. A task it usually handles quite well.
One machine dropped.
Another reset and dumped it's monitor config in the process.
Only the lowest power, always-on machine stayed up.

So be careful when casually insulting opposing folding teams... because 1024x768 on a 24" widescreen is ugly.