Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Kota

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Kota »

God damn, now I'm stuck in this place. 5th is my home. This is saddening.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

Kota wrote:God damn, now I'm stuck in this place. 5th is my home. This is saddening.
Well, at least you have a definite place you can call your own. Me, Sparks McGhee, and Duo2Cuo have been fighting over who gets 9, 10, and 11. We've all swapped three or so times in the past week.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Duo2Cuo

Post by Duo2Cuo »

Pickles wrote:Me, Sparks McGhee, and Duo2Cuo have been fighting over who gets 9, 10, and 11. We've all swapped three or so times in the past week.
I've been switching so damn much because the SMP client is extremely finicky, it doesn't like to send work packets when I tell it to.

BLASTED CONTRAPTION!
Last edited by Duo2Cuo on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Single digits are overrated.

20 is where the party's at. 8)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Just brought another 3 cpus online, Ill try and get more on this arvo. I needs me back in the top 10 damnit!
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Kota

Post by Kota »

On a good day I can pump out around 7k PPD...6.5k on my main machine, 200 on a crapped up dual core (can't run SMP), plus a laptop and an old desktop or two...
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wow! Since the weekend I noticed I have been recieving some 8,000,000 step WUs' that are taking as long or longer to fold than some of the 15-20 million step WUs' I got previously. They are real grinders. I guess these are simply falling out of the hopper and it my luck to get them. :?

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

There's a 7xx point WU going around for GPUs that is total balls for your PPD. I dropped a lot when I got it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

According to the log file the project that is brining my GPU client to its knees is number 5915 (Run 2, clone 345, Gen 32). At least it is mostly done (80%) and hopefuly I won't pick up another from that project.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
techk8

Post by techk8 »

I'MMMM CATCHING UUUUP. Just a tidbit, I'm techk81 on the Folding@Home Team. Long time ago joined Team Engadget with my username and I forgot the password.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Utumo

Post by Utumo »

Joining the fight.

*Salute*

C'mon compy don't fail me now.
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

Right, I'm in. At least, I think I am.

My (computer) for (Katawa Shoujo)!
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Palodin

Post by Palodin »

Kota wrote:God damn, now I'm stuck in this place. 5th is my home. This is saddening.
At least your place is secure. I think I'm still in 6th, but I've got 4-5 people catching up to me pretty fast :( . I wish I could leave my PC on more, but at the moment I'm lucky to hit 2000PPD.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Hey! Welcome to the KS team and all that to the new folks folding; callmeemo, Utumo, and Techk8. :D
We don't do it up too flashy with assemblies of fast machines, but by everyone doing a steady pace and having fun with the others on the team.

ShinseiTom

Post by ShinseiTom »

Just here to post a thank you for letting me fold for a good cause for a cool group of people. I had been folding a long time for another group, but that group kinda died and I was about the only one out of 100 people in the entire group folding. So when I saw your KS team announcement, I hopped right on.

I'm Shinsei_GPU_2 (yeah, crappy name) and I have my two video cards (8800gt and 8600gts), my quad-core cpu, and my PS3 working for the cause most of the time. Cheers!