Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bara

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Bara »

I just noticed the team total is about 21K away from reaching 2.5 million. I'm amazed we have done so many WU's it in such a short ammount of time. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

darkblade986 wrote:Even if only 5% of them decide to fold, that's still 8,000 new systems brought in.
That kind of statement doesn't really mean anything.

Just because 5% seems small compared to 100%...you're still taking about convincing 8,000 new systems to join up.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with the KS folding team and it's great to see people being enthusiastic about it. This kind of community-building activity is really extraordinary. Good job.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with the KS folding team and it's great to see people being enthusiastic about it. This kind of community-building activity is really extraordinary. Good job.
There is just something about doing 'medical research' for a team who formed around a visual novel about biologically dysfunctional teens, you know? I don't think I would have bothered to fold as much if this were some other community.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

For anyone not tracking the teams progress on Stahn'fuds website we are currently the team ranked 1075. Somewhere between 4 and 7 days we should be in the tripple digits for the Team Rankings. Pretty damn nice work from a lot of folks got the team to that point. :D

Oh yeah, I got to log on my toons and help some guild members level up over the weekend so if anyone wants to kill me on inter-team stats here is a good chance. :lol:

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Kota

Post by Kota »

Maybe I should cancel my Persona preorder and grab another vid card...just one would save me from those overtakes in a couple months.
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:Maybe I should cancel my Persona preorder and grab another vid card...just one would save me from those overtakes in a couple months.
Aren't we all sweating beserker29? New gear only seems to delay the inevitable. :D

Kota

Post by Kota »

I can only keep folding at my rate when I'm not doing anything on my computer. God damn. I'll just resign myself to 4th or 5th place, whatever I'm projected for.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:I can only keep folding at my rate when I'm not doing anything on my computer. God damn. I'll just resign myself to 4th or 5th place, whatever I'm projected for.
Yeah, it kinda sucks when you have been on a roll cranking out some WU's and then you want to use your computer for something else. My own team ranking has been everywhere from 1 to 4 but mostly at number 3. Something else I just discovered tonight was that I forgot to restart my PS3 when I had that power outage a few nights ago, so I lost maybe 5 or 6 WU's from that processor. :(

Scanning ahead I spottted another team ahead of us we can keep an eye on. Unilever (F@H Team ID# 161413) is ranked about 911 right now and putting out 50-60k PPD out as a team. ExtremeOC stat site shows us as being approximately 5.6 months away from overtaking them. They seem to be a one person server farm from looking at their team make up.

Kota

Post by Kota »

Bara wrote:Something else I just discovered tonight was that I forgot to restart my PS3 when I had that power outage a few nights ago, so I lost maybe 5 or 6 WU's from that processor. :(
FFFFFFFFFFFF. It's all over. I'll never see first place again.
Bara wrote:Scanning ahead I spottted another team ahead of us we can keep an eye on. Unilever (F@H Team ID# 161413) is ranked about 911 right now and putting out 50-60k PPD out as a team. ExtremeOC stat site shows us as being approximately 5.6 months away from overtaking them. They seem to be a one person server farm from looking at their team make up.
Huh. That' right around our output as well. Chances are he'll get some more servers eventually, though; these enthusiasts are even worse than us. With any luck he'll join team 32 or 33 or something.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Kota wrote:Huh. That' right around our output as well. Chances are he'll get some more servers eventually, though; these enthusiasts are even worse than us. With any luck he'll join team 32 or 33 or something.
Dunno if they will decide to join another team. The machine ID's they have used seem to be the names of real individuals. This may indicate a strong individualist motif.

Palodin

Post by Palodin »

We should be hitting rank 1000 in a little over 12 hours, if the predictions are accurate.

Edit -

Victory!
cheesegrater3

Post by cheesegrater3 »

Bad news, my comp has died. Until I get it back up and running, no more WU for me :(

Obey the cheese!
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

Palodin wrote:Victory!
We.

Are.

Awesome.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

YOU HAVE DONE YOUR FORUM PROUD. EXCELLENT JOB, MAGGOTS.