Dorm Rooms

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
DuaneMoody
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Dorm Rooms

Post by DuaneMoody » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm

In Act 1 we see the existential blankness that is Hisao's room. Being average Japanese teenagers, how do you imagine the rest of the main characters have decorated their rooms? Posters, figurines, decor?

User avatar
Bara
Posts: 1339
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Bara » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm

DuaneMoody wrote:In Act 1 we see the existential blankness that is Hisao's room. Being average Japanese teenagers, how do you imagine the rest of the main characters have decorated their rooms? Posters, figurines, decor?
Kenji has a wall of empty booze bottles. :mrgreen:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?

Rednal
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Rednal » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Kenji had totally boarded up his window, and has various cushions all around the place, plus miscellanious supplies for him to go MacGyver with.

Lilly has a fairly simple room, but she knows where everything is, and everything in the room has been chosen for its distinctive shape and texture; in other words, by touching something, she knows EXACTLY what it is.

Hanako has a lot of bookshelves, and perhaps some games she can play by herself. Probably a brownish color scheme, or maybe purple. Mostly soft edges on things, and a very cushiony bed.

Shizune has manuals of military strategy and a computer she uses for plotting world domination. Good thing Kenji doesn't know.

Misha has soundproof walls, a large drum set, and lots of things to amplify the noise inside of her room. Also, a big fridge. And a picture of her and Shizune together.

Rin... probably very plain, and not much of anything in it. I imagine clothes lying on the floor, and a bed, but no real personal items. She doesn't seem the sort to use them. Though I'd like to see her brushing her teeth, if Emi doesn't do that for her.

Emi herself... treadmill.

User avatar
Deimos
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm
Location: A Throne In Hell

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Deimos » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Emi would have some upbeat sport's posters and maybe a shelf with some trophies on it. Also some kind of motivational proverb on her wall or door seems appropiate. Maybe some things are scattered because she thinks they are not top priority.
Her workplace could be unruly but she would be perfectly fine with it (remember that running timetable).

Lilly's place could be as blank as Hisao's but I imagine her having quite the formidable sound system and listening to music a lot. She could own a great deal of clothes, although orderly in a dresser or wardrobe. Another thought that just crossed me is that she could have something like a "fragrance" collection (maybe something that reminds her of a hiking trip to the woods, Akira's perfume etc.).
*Edit: Since she mentions that she used to cook there might be some foodstuff in her room and maybe some of it in her "tea room".

Shizune would have a non-standard desk that should signify her being the uppermost level in the chain of command concerning student affairs. Since she seems not to lack money she could probably own her own computer which would assist her in her supervising role and would give her endless opportunities in competing through computer games.
Her private stuff could contrast that, maybe an old stuffed animal or some pop idol posters would do?

Now I can imagine Rin having a room with the smell of paint coating everything. Of course, having Emi as her personal dresser and considering her character I can see man things strewn across the room while others are perfectly in order - or things are perfectly in order but just out of place.
In front of her window would stand a chair or even her bed so she could do some cloudgazing from time to time.

Hanako is fond of books so there should naturally be some of them in her room but no manga (because of all the pretty people in there). Maybe some boardgames she plays with Lilly now and then. However there should definitely be a memento of her father in her room since she was so attached to him. Other than that - something girlish - perhaps a big mirror to check if all her hair covers all her scars?
*Edit: Browsing some of the older threads I read Hanako was an audiophile so she should probably own a sophisticated sound system and talk to Lilly about improving her "perception" through better equipment.


Just for the heck of it: Misha
Pink frilly bed with curtains and a vanity dressing table to produce the elaborate hairstyle she wears. She, most likely, is into comedy and would listen to comedic audio material and watch comedies. Oh, and let us not forget the wall lined with her collection of chopsticks.
Last edited by Deimos on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.

arrhythmia_one
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by arrhythmia_one » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Deimos wrote:Emi would have some upbeat sport's posters and maybe a shelf with some trophies on it. Also some kind of motivational proverb on her wall or door seems appropiate. Maybe some things are scattered because she thinks they are not top priority.
Her workplace could be unruly but she would be perfectly fine with it (remember that running timetable).

Lilly's place could be as blank as Hisao's but I imagine her having quite the formidable sound system and listening to music a lot. She could own a great deal of clothes, although orderly in a dresser or wardrobe. Another thought that just crossed me is that she could have something like a "fragrance" collection (maybe something that reminds her of a hiking trip to the woods, Akira's perfume etc.).

Shizune would have a non-standard desk that should signify her being the uppermost level in the chain of command concerning student affairs. Since she seems not to lack money she could probably own her own computer which would assist her in her supervising role and would give her endless opportunities in competing through computer games.
Her private stuff could contrast that, maybe an old stuffed animal or some pop idol posters would do?

Now I can imagine Rin having a room with the smell of paint coating everything. Of course, having Emi as her personal dresser and considering her character I can see man things strewn across the room while others are perfectly in order - or things are perfectly in order but just out of place.
In front of her window would stand a chair or even her bed so she could do some cloudgazing from time to time.

Hanako is fond of books so there should naturally be some of them in her room but no manga (because of all the pretty people in there). Maybe some boardgames she plays with Lilly now and then. However there should definitely be a memento of her father in her room since she was so attached to him. Other than that - something girlish - perhaps a big mirror to check if all her hair covers all her scars?


Just for the heck of it: Misha
Pink frilly bed with curtains and a vanity dressing table to produce the elaborate hairstyle she wears. She, most likely, is into comedy and would listen to comedic audio material and watch comedies. Oh, and let us not forget the wall lined with her collection of chopsticks.

You know, I think this is the closest to what I have. Saves me quite a bit of time. But I imagine Misha having like subwoofers all over and like a full scale karaoke system. And of course, soundproofing. (To support my personal theory that Misha has advanced hearing loss.)

User avatar
U.T. Raptor
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by U.T. Raptor » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:45 am

We know Hanako's room is rather empty (Lilly mentions it during her ending)...

User avatar
Synoptic
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 11:48 am
Location: Sibiu - Romania

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Synoptic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:11 am

U.T. Raptor wrote:We know Hanako's room is rather empty (Lilly mentions it during her ending)...
Here's a guy who payed attention. Thumbs up!

Not quite into the detail but as far as I'm concerned my guess is it all goes, most likely, like this:

Shizune - PC or laptop ... for sure! (And the plushie Hisao won for her at the ball game, if you take her path that is)
Lilly - Everything in perfect shape and maybe a collection of tea leaves and flavors for her delight?
Hanako - Probably a bigger than average bookshelf and a large mirror. (maybe a chess board too?)
Emi - As Deimos said, "some kind of motivational proverb on her wall or door seems appropiate". Also some books about cooking... maybe? And a calendar on her desk... scribbled all over with her daily activities. :D
Rin - At least one painting on a wall for sure.

Misha - She's a tough one, I dunno lol
"...!"

User avatar
bitpeg
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by bitpeg » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:24 am

I think it would depend on whether or not they go home during the summer (if it's not a year round school). I mean, you can't just bring in a ton of furniture or set up a ton of equipment if you're only going to live there for 9 or so months.

Of course, this is animee rand so logic has no place here.
These fermions smell positively ionic.

User avatar
Aura
>has heterochromia
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:21 am

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Aura » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:33 am

The dorm rooms would be one of the biggest winners had we painted backgrounds because then they could be perfect instead of good or adequate.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents

arrhythmia_one
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by arrhythmia_one » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm

bitpeg wrote:I think it would depend on whether or not they go home during the summer (if it's not a year round school). I mean, you can't just bring in a ton of furniture or set up a ton of equipment if you're only going to live there for 9 or so months.

Of course, this is animee rand so logic has no place here.

Remember, some students like Lily, Misha and Shizune are quite well off, so...

DuaneMoody
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by DuaneMoody » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:32 am

Aura wrote:The dorm rooms would be one of the biggest winners had we painted backgrounds because then they could be perfect instead of good or adequate.
I see your point, I just hope we won't see more completely empty rooms.

Rednal
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by Rednal » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:42 am

Because we're probably going to visit those rooms, right?

FuriousPineapple
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by FuriousPineapple » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:45 am

I doubt they'll be having sex in the halls and in the courtyard.

User avatar
G3n0c1de
Posts: 1074
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 1:15 am
Location: How are ya?

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by G3n0c1de » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:18 am

Classrooms perhaps. Or perhaps you bring them to your room?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

User avatar
U.T. Raptor
Posts: 274
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 12:50 am

Re: Dorm Rooms

Post by U.T. Raptor » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:08 am

FuriousPineapple wrote:I doubt they'll be having sex in the halls and in the courtyard.
... or will we? :wink:

Post Reply