If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

xeonwired05

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by xeonwired05 »

ASCII Media Works, Inc.

but i want Noto Mamiko as CV of Hanako
gothic_looking_glass

Post by gothic_looking_glass »

If Katawa Shoujo was turned into Anime (which I am praying for every day of the week) I would say:
Either of these:
1. Media Works
2. Anime Works
3. Funimation
4. ADV Films

Also If they were able to find the director from The Twelve Kingdoms and the voice actors/actresses from Azumanga Daioh, Ah! My Goddess, Kino's Journey, The Twelve Kingdoms (My personal Fav Anime and Book series (^_^) ), and NEGIMA!? that would be GREAT XD

But no matter how they do it, I would love to see it animated and, if i see it in BestBuy i swear to god, i will chuck 200 out the door just to get as many copies as i can (I will be watching it over and over until either my dvd player dies or until the disk can play *by that time i should have a ps3 by then :)*
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

40% wrote:
Tsundere Lightning wrote:That said, Rebuild is surprisingly cheerful for an Anno work. By which I mean, it isn't completely and horribly depressing. Odd for him.
Maybe he got the psychiatric help he so desperately needed. Sort of like Tomino sometime between V Gundam and Turn-A Gundam...
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

This is one of those questions that there is no good answer for. It seems like something that would be up JC Staff's alley, but after seeing Railgun I'm sure they would butcher it. Shaft is too stylistic, Deen has done a ton of VN adaptations and screwed up all of them, and Kyoani is prone to trolling. Maybe Ordet, if Yamamoto were to direct it.
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

gothic_looking_glass wrote:If Katawa Shoujo was turned into Anime (which I am praying for every day of the week) I would say:
Either of these:
1. Media Works
2. Anime Works
3. Funimation
4. ADV Films
But... none of those are anime studios. They're all just western distributors of anime.

Bones should do it anyway. Bones haven't worked on anything I haven't enjoyed. JC are good at KS's genre though so I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle it.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wreckusu wrote:But... none of those are anime studios. They're all just western distributors of anime.

Bones should do it anyway. Bones haven't worked on anything I haven't enjoyed. JC are good at KS's genre though so I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle it.
But if Bones does it won't Hisao end up looking like a 7 foot tall paying mantis? Not that I've seen everything they have done; possibly is just one of their directors who does that, but they have a tendency to make their male leads look seriously elongated to the point of near absurdity.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

Bara wrote: Not that I've seen everything they have done; possibly is just one of their directors who does that, but they have a tendency to make their male leads look seriously elongated to the point of near absurdity.
Edward Elric being an obvious exception.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Pumpkineat3r wrote:
Bara wrote: Not that I've seen everything they have done; possibly is just one of their directors who does that, but they have a tendency to make their male leads look seriously elongated to the point of near absurdity.
Edward Elric being an obvious exception.
It would make the constant jokes about his height in the story a tad puzzling, no? I think it is a tendency, not a hard and fast style rule of theirs. But, where they have the option they seem to tend that way. Of course if they are animating an original source of content like a manga etc. the expectation of a certain look is pre-established to some degree.

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Bara wrote:
Wreckusu wrote:But... none of those are anime studios. They're all just western distributors of anime.

But if Bones does it won't Hisao end up looking like a 7 foot tall paying mantis? Not that I've seen everything they have done; possibly is just one of their directors who does that, but they have a tendency to make their male leads look seriously elongated to the point of near absurdity.
I'm sorry, you think we care what Hisao looks like? As long as they don't screw up the girls he could be a gelatinous blob for all I care.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Lilly aside, it's hard to believe the girls would go for a gelatinous blob.
Pumpkineat3r

Post by Pumpkineat3r »

EternalLurker wrote:Lilly aside, it's hard to believe the girls would go for a gelatinous blob.
The Katawa Shoujo anime will be about the Lilly route. You heard it here first.
-abscess

Post by -abscess »

EternalLurker wrote:Lilly aside, it's hard to believe the girls would go for a gelatinous blob.
What? Gelatinous blobs can stretch to reach and cover more.... "parts" at the same time.
Gelatinous blobs FTW!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Wreckusu wrote:I'm sorry, you think we care what Hisao looks like? As long as they don't screw up the girls he could be a gelatinous blob for all I care.
The thread is about a hypothetical anime version of KS. If that pipe dream ever came about we would end up seeing Hisao on screen quite a lot.

cowen

Post by cowen »

If it's accordance to art style or track record, I personally would want to see Sunrise make Katawa Shoujo, and perhaps involve CLAMP in the character design. This conversation feels... right.

Of course, the chances of a Katawa Shoujo commercialized anime are about as good as that of a Touhou Project commercialized anime. If you want a Katawa Shoujo anime, why not take it upon yourselves, the fans, and release a doujin anime, but unlike those behind the Touhou Anime Project, make more than one episode and be consistent with character design.

Then again, I'm pretty sure the only chances of such a thing ever being allowed would require the canon to be completed first, and said canon is the game. I myself have been waiting for KS to finish up for about a year now, and knowing that it's been in work for at least several, all I can say is that the canon must be really fucking complicated for even the developers to follow, along other things. <--- not meant as an insult, but I know it sounds like one. I apologize in advance.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

cowen wrote:If it's accordance to art style or track record, I personally would want to see Sunrise make Katawa Shoujo, and perhaps involve CLAMP in the character design. This conversation feels... right.
I approve of Clamp doing the KS anime character designs, as long as they don't fuck up the KS anime like they fucked up the Chobits anime. my god, the anime sucked compared to the manga. how the hell do you manage not one but two recap episodes, and three episodes that don't help the story at all? :evil:

sorry, tangent.

and cowen, I don't think what you said was an insult or sounded like one. stories get complicated, even more when you've got a handful of writers and a lot of coordination with artists and stuff like that. that, and as they said in the blog, sometimes they change things and that means throwing away months of work, so the whole thing takes longer. all we know is it'll be done when it's done.

and if someone does decide to make a fan-done anime, look me up, I'm a decent writer myself. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.