If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by G3n0c1de »

EternalLurker wrote:Such an anime would just turn into this.
With an intro by The Who.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

You have all seen this before but if KS was a slice of life it would pretty much be like Primmy's Moenuts

http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/view/1435

I wouldn't complain though I would miss the relationship part of KS.
...I?

Post by ...I? »

I would say leave it up to KyoAni buuuut....
I got a feeling they may somehow turn the tables on us, thus it becoming a troll fest~

!
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

meh they are only trolling us with Haruhi anyways. If we asked them not to troll us with KS I think they would listen.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I think Endless Eight was a decision by the publishing company Kadokawa, who dictates what Kyoani animates. They are the ones that ordered eight episodes of the same thing. Besides, there was no more material to animate in the story before 'Disappearance', so they thought they could use Endless Eight to make a full season of 14 episodes. Personally, I would have lived with 7 new episodes to go with the original.

But we'll get the Haruhi Movie in February as an apology.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I hated those hellish chapters, I was so confused during the first three chapters, anyways anyone know what the movie's gonna be about? Hopefully what happens after the Kyon/Haruhi kiss. (I wish for a SOS Dan orgy without Kyon and Gay-san)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Please watch out people, this thread has already taken several... "unique" turns and it seems bound on a course heading off into the wastes.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Silentcook wrote:Please watch out people, this thread has already taken several... "unique" turns and it seems bound on a course heading off into the wastes.
Okay, how about this for discussion: Has anyone both played a VN and watched the anime of that VN? Kyoani's Air, Clannad, and Kanon come to mind. Since we should be discussing what animation studio is best for KS, how did those adaptations turn out? How did they handle the characters, and setting? What did they do about the branching paths? And do you agree with what they did?
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Ninjahamster wrote:07th expansion
[shimmie]1133[/shimmie]
I was just saying to myself, "what KS needs is more words, incomprehensible analogies, mitten hands, and to drop Hisao's IQ about twenty points." On the plus side, breast upgrades all round.
Ninjahamster

Post by Ninjahamster »

DuaneMoody wrote:
Ninjahamster wrote:07th expansion
thenwhowaspic.jpg
I was just saying to myself, "what KS needs is more words, incomprehensible analogies, mitten hands, and to drop Hisao's IQ about twenty points." On the plus side, breast upgrades all round.
Wooo yandere :D
...I?

Post by ...I? »

Ill actually say i liked Endless Eight...
I got to see Yuki in a school swimsuit, Haurhi's butt close up in a bikini, AND KOIZUMI INA SPEEDO.
Also, KYON-KUN DENWA!

!
Tsundere Lightning

Post by Tsundere Lightning »

G3n0c1de wrote: Okay, how about this for discussion: Has anyone both played a VN and watched the anime of that VN? Kyoani's Air, Clannad, and Kanon come to mind. Since we should be discussing what animation studio is best for KS, how did those adaptations turn out? How did they handle the characters, and setting? What did they do about the branching paths? And do you agree with what they did?
My opinion on the Fate/Stay Night adaptation is pending my finishing the anime and... um... being able to afford Fate/Stay Night. So far, I like the anime as an anime, however.
Shizune apologist, Rin fan, semipro visual novelist, noted attention whore

I write KS fanfic. I preread KS fanfic. PM me with requests for either.
delta wrote: I've been caustic and mean since before 4chan even existed.
Drow_Wizard74

Post by Drow_Wizard74 »

Mercutio wrote:I haven't read this thread for a while, but I got an idea. someone said somewhere upthread that the problem with KS being animated would be figuring out which girl Hisao gets in the end, 'cause if it's a VN, you can't really say which ending is canon or not (I think. this is the first VN I've played, so don't hurt me if I got that wrong). so I was thinking this:

you do the whole thing like it's going to end up a harem anime, with all the girls having feelings for Hisao one way or another. some stuff happens - he goes on a date with one or two, there's some "d'awwww" moments, some moments where it seems like something's going to happen, some almost-confessions. then, in like episode 12 ('cause we don't want to stretch this over 26 episodes, that'd be fan-torture), Hisao's heart goes out. he lives, but he's rushed to the hospital. all through episode 13, the girls visit him in the hospital one at a time. none of them confess, but he realizes how good he has it and all that.

then?

HE DIES.

last part of the anime is all the girls walking out of the hospital, sad music playing, all that. no one hooks up in the end, it's all one massive ship tease, and the fans can argue over who he would have been with for all time. viewers cry. (I'd be one of them.)

of course, if you're gonna end it like that, who else could you get to make it but Gainax?

*runs like hell*
I agree 100%. No studio ruins an anime with bad endings more than Gainax. I was depressed & traumatized for 3 days after I finished the Mahoromatic boxed set I bought at Izumicon back in November.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Drow_Wizard74 wrote:
I agree 100%. No studio ruins an anime with bad endings more than Gainax. I was depressed & traumatized for 3 days after I finished the Mahoromatic boxed set I bought at Izumicon back in November.
Haha what, you don't want a vaguely happy ending for KS after a crapsack denoument, only to realize after you're done watching that it was probably a dying vision? :P
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Drow_Wizard74 wrote:No studio ruins an anime with bad endings more than Gainax. I was depressed & traumatized for 3 days after I finished the Mahoromatic boxed set I bought at Izumicon back in November.
To be fair, Gainax didn't make the bad end for Mahoromatic; it had always been a downer ending. However, Gainax did make the crapsack world coda; the original manga's coda actually ended happily.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt