If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ksotaku100

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by ksotaku100 »

Silentcook wrote:Well, crap. Preempt'd.
animu.png
(Weee has way too much time on her hands) :lol:
Also apologies to the guest poster who beat me by two minutes, I decided to consolidate things. :)
Wow!!! Good job!!!

My revised choices:

KyoAni (Kanon), J.C Staff (Tsukihime), TNK (School Days)
I plan on making an Anime-style FPS/TPS. Cel-shaded 3D Animation and using Source from Valve Corp.

Shizune always reminds me of 2K-tan and Izumi Sawatari.

Battle of Katawa, a mecha RPG-Strategy-Action Game. (Named after Battle of Sunrise.)
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

This most likely won't be an anime in the future, and I don't have any studio in mind too...
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Don't ruin the fun.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Xuan wrote:This most likely won't be an anime in the future, and I don't have any studio in mind too...
you lie
The Chemist

Post by The Chemist »

I'm with Nestor on Gonzo.

I just like their animation style.

But, yes, we' end up with a Tower of Druaga-style ending that makes no sense.
ZystraL wrote:It was an awesome scenario. Sitting on green grass staring at the clouds...with a laptop slowly burning your junk and giving you testicular cancer.
Jakker

Post by Jakker »

I prefer Navel's art style.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I haven't read this thread for a while, but I got an idea. someone said somewhere upthread that the problem with KS being animated would be figuring out which girl Hisao gets in the end, 'cause if it's a VN, you can't really say which ending is canon or not (I think. this is the first VN I've played, so don't hurt me if I got that wrong). so I was thinking this:

you do the whole thing like it's going to end up a harem anime, with all the girls having feelings for Hisao one way or another. some stuff happens - he goes on a date with one or two, there's some "d'awwww" moments, some moments where it seems like something's going to happen, some almost-confessions. then, in like episode 12 ('cause we don't want to stretch this over 26 episodes, that'd be fan-torture), Hisao's heart goes out. he lives, but he's rushed to the hospital. all through episode 13, the girls visit him in the hospital one at a time. none of them confess, but he realizes how good he has it and all that.

then?

HE DIES.

last part of the anime is all the girls walking out of the hospital, sad music playing, all that. no one hooks up in the end, it's all one massive ship tease, and the fans can argue over who he would have been with for all time. viewers cry. (I'd be one of them.)

of course, if you're gonna end it like that, who else could you get to make it but Gainax?

*runs like hell*
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Mercutio, I hate you and you owe me a box of tissues. *sniff*
<coldacid> hanak-o's
Elroy

Post by Elroy »

If that happened, I'd tear my heart out Temple-o-Doom style and throw it at the TV.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Who'd he end up with without completely alienating canon ship factions?

Misha, naturally :P after 11 and a half episodes of teasing a Shizune ending.

With Lilly/Hanako being the beta couple, with buttloads of gayngst and teasing with other pairings but ultimately a happy ending(i HATE bait and switch lesbians).

Everyone else ends up in Kenji's harem. The end.
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

How are canon OTPs decided on with other VNs? Especially those turned into anime series? Perhaps we could ask the devs for a canon pairing (although I'm sure that'd probably open up a world of hurt for all of us).
<coldacid> hanak-o's
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Most VNs actually have a canon pairing, or it's easy to see which of the girls is the "main girl". Being the assholes we are, KS has no such thing.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Aura wrote:Being the assholes we are, KS has no such thing.
I actually like that you did this, as Shizune probably wouldn't have been the main girl. Based on popularity levels perhaps it would have been Hanako, or Rin. Better that they all be on equal footing.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

G3n0c1de wrote:I actually like that you did this, as Shizune probably wouldn't have been the main girl. Based on popularity levels perhaps it would have been Hanako, or Rin. Better that they all be on equal footing.
ditto. that's sorta why I wrote what I wrote - I don't want there to be a canon pairing, 'cause that would leave the other girls out. and I don't wanna do that to Hanako. or Rin. or Shizune. or Misha. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

coldacid wrote:How are canon OTPs decided on with other VNs ... turned into anime series?
Personally, I'd like to just answer "Badly. Very very badly.", but since the premise is bad, no surprise there. Anyway, check the amount of 'childhood friends' who make it to the top of the podium, for starters.
coldacid wrote:Perhaps we could ask the devs for a canon pairing (although I'm sure that'd probably open up a world of hurt for all of us).
The line for whipping forms on Aisle Four. Please don't shove. :twisted:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.