If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

U.T. Raptor

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
P.T.Y.H.H. wrote:Sunrise, because I know they'd do a fantastic job.
Haruhiist wrote:Well, though I've only watched a bit of Gundam and the entire Code Geass/R2 series', it seems Sunrise is more meant for animes with fighting involved.
I wouldn't pick Sunrise to do KS properly. As much as they did make my two favorite animes (Mobile Suit Gundam and Moblie Suit Zeta Gundam), that was a very long time ago, and they've made a lot of anime that I don't think too highly of.

That said, I don't really pay much attention to who makes what animes I watch, so I can't really make a recommendation for any studio.
Also, Sunrise isn't very good with romance. Or female characters in general, for that matter. Even when Sad!Tomino isn't involved...
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

U.T. Raptor wrote:Also, Sunrise isn't very good with romance. Or female characters in general, for that matter. Even when Sad!Tomino isn't involved...
"Kill 'em All" Tomino was one of the reasons why Zeta Gundam was so good (and the reason why ZZ Gundam wasn't as good was because he wasn't in kill mode). I still want to watch Space Runaway Ideon even though I know how it ends, lol

Sunrise has done some good female characters. Most of the females of the main cast from the original Mobile Suit Gundam like Mirai Yashima, Fraw Bow, and Sayla Mass from Mobile Suit Gundam were done very well. Zeta Gundam not so much (I hate Reccoa Londe with a passion), but Emma Sheen made up for it though by being the best female character in a Gundam show, ever. Romance has seldom been done well in Gundam shows (08th MS Team might be an exception).

But yeah, like Haruhiist said, Sunrise is mostly good for anime with a lot of fighting in it.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
arrhythmia_one

Post by arrhythmia_one »

Brasse wrote:
Ransom wrote:SHAFT, with Shinbo at the helm.

Kenji is in despair!
By the gods, yes!
warning: if Shinbo is absent, then that ep will be screwy. And I'm not sure I want an ef-styled Katawa, partly because of bad end. I want the Minami-ke 1st season studio...
Layzuhl

Post by Layzuhl »

Production I.G

Come on.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

If it has to be Japanese, I want °4C to make a Rin OVA.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Gonzo. They'd screw up the plot so bad, but it would look so much better that I just wouldn't care.
Kenji - "It was like that, but with poo."
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Nestor wrote:Gonzo. They'd screw up the plot so bad, but it would look so much better that I just wouldn't care.
As even thought the novel is one of my favorite books ever (and I like the novel better), Gonzo's adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo was pure win, none the less. I found all the changes they made as acceptable for their own version of the story.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

I think that if the devs decide to put mechas in KS then Sunrise would have to do it.

But that'll never happen so i'll go with KyoAni.
Gash

Post by Gash »

Mikage-sama wrote:I think that if the devs decide to put mechas in KS then Sunrise would have to do it.

But that'll never happen so i'll go with KyoAni.
Mechas in KS....I kinda like this idea.

Real mech or super robot?

I'd have to go with super robot personally. I don't usually like super robot stuff but it seems the only thing that would fit. OH OH and you'd have combiners. So say Emi and Rin come together to form a bigger more powerful robot.
Tweaked

Post by Tweaked »

I'd have to agree with everyone else in saying KyoAni is a good choice in terms of flavor.

Plus, the endless fillers would be fun to watch. An entire Kenji episode for pure win.
Aelit13

Post by Aelit13 »

KyoAni or Madhouse for the art. Sunrise for the story (although many people are right when saying that their specilaity seems to be battle and mecha animes).

No, wait. Now that I think about it, probably PA Works. Even if they've only produced 2 anime series (3 with Angel Beats!), I think they did a great job, especially with True Tears, which I found to be of an excellent quality to be their first work. We'd probably get a really great anime.
40%

Post by 40% »

KyoAni springs to mind first. Katawa Shoujo's mood doesn't seem to be too far off, let's say, Clannad's. Minus the magic and LIGHT ORBS and other such stuff. They can do serious works and are good animators.

Madhouse could do it, maybe. Maybe Brain's Base?

Gainax and Sunrise, no.
scopedknife

Post by scopedknife »

I wonder what it would be like if BONES were to make it...
Probably end up with a load of plot twists that don't make sense, interesting action and yet still an ending that can make you cry...
I love BONES, but probably not the best choice for KS lol
"Do something you can't, just because you can." - In other words, troll life.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

40% wrote:Katawa Shoujo's mood doesn't seem to be too far off, let's say, Clannad's.
I SHALL EAT YOUR ENTRAILS AND SCOOP YOUR BRAINS OUT WITH A SPATULA :evil:

Nah, j/k. But Key, of all things? Egads.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Madhouse, producers of Ninja Scroll, Black Lagoon and Tokyo Godfathers for example. Enough said, sex with cripple girls is something they certainly wouldn't feel shy about doing.