If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Hypothermia

Re: If KS were animated what studio would you want to make it?

Post by Hypothermia »

delta wrote:Pixar.
So Hanako is Violet Parr with burn scars?
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

Fuck, cannot unsee
callmeemo

Post by callmeemo »

I'm incredibly tempted to say Gainax (they could probably make an amazing Hanako), but...Katawa seems something more on speed for Kyoto Animation, yeah.
"From far away, it looks like someone vomited a herd of butterflies on the wall."
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

SHAFT, with Shinbo at the helm.

Kenji is in despair!
Miroku

Post by Miroku »

I'm sure KyoAni could do a decent job of it, and so could Gainax possibly but what about Geneon?

They've done their share of drama and romance anime, such as Koi Kaze.... among others. Their track record isn't that bad either.

Just my thoughts. 8)
Haruhiist

Post by Haruhiist »

Well, though I've only watched a bit of Gundam and the entire Code Geass/R2 series', it seems Sunrise is more meant for animes with fighting involved.
Sort of a KyoAni fan, and as some one said before, they've done good jobs of turning visual novels into animes. Esp. visual novels like CLANNAD, Kanon and AIR.
Or maybe I'd go for J.C.Staff just because they made Shakugan no Shana, To Aru Majutsu no Index and Hatsukoi Limited.

Either way Sunrise seems out of the question for me. Can't say much for Gainax...
I wonder which route would be considered the 'main route' (e.g. Ayu in Kanon and Nagisa in CLANNAD)
smart, witty posts don't seem to be my thing.
arrhythmia_one

Post by arrhythmia_one »

Ransom wrote:SHAFT, with Shinbo at the helm.
Actually. No. SHAFT itself isn't the most sensitive of studios when it comes to disabilities, until Chihiro popped up in ef. And even so, that was credit to Shinbo. In any case, Shinbo will make it all moody. Not a very good idea.

In fact, (don't kill me for this) but I think the studio that handled Minami-ke Season 1 would be good, because we don't want a overly heavy anime, while also shining light to the focus of disabilities in a positive manner. Or we could have Canvas2's. But Kyoani...they'll handle this by first making this slapstick comedy. Which, if you ask me, isn't very nice to the disabled. Personally, I have accelerated hearing loss (at 22 no less!) and thus I can't rely on weak inbuilt computer speakers, I use a set of earphone with volume control (read: booster) on it.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

If this game turns out to be a hit in Japan I wonder what the devs would do if an animation studio came up to them and asked them to make an anime out of it.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

Nickelodeon.
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Much as I'd love to say Warner Bros. because Misha is Yosemite Sam and Emi is the Road Runner; I realy can't say I'd trust any animation studio to do justice to KS. Too much financial pressure to get the product out, and doing so by either disemboweling the plot with a chainsaw or fluffing it up with air to make the story fit into a broadcast time slot/season schedule. :roll:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

My tip is Studio Ghibli just because during my teenage years in the 90s they spendidly entertained me and I know they would horribly disfigure the story but still make me like their interpretation.

Something along the lines of:
"Li'l Alice Hisao in Cripple Wonderland with Emi and Rin as Humpty and Dumpty ..."

It's even mentioned in the game. Foreshadowing, anyone?
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Xzone

Post by Xzone »

Satelight.

They would add special effects and CGI to every other scene though.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

I'd go with KyoAni, since they're known to make good VN adaptions. Being a Gainax whore, I'd probably dig their version, though it probably wouldn't be very accurate to the source material in terms of mood and feel. Bones and Sunrise would be good choices, but I just can't see them doing something like Katawa Shoujo.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Brasse

Post by Brasse »

Ransom wrote:SHAFT, with Shinbo at the helm.

Kenji is in despair!
By the gods, yes!
I say, additional crackfics are in order.

Shizune>Lilly>Rin>Misha>Emi>Kenji>Hanako.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

P.T.Y.H.H. wrote:Sunrise, because I know they'd do a fantastic job.
Haruhiist wrote:Well, though I've only watched a bit of Gundam and the entire Code Geass/R2 series', it seems Sunrise is more meant for animes with fighting involved.
I wouldn't pick Sunrise to do KS properly. As much as they did make my two favorite animes (Mobile Suit Gundam and Moblie Suit Zeta Gundam), that was a very long time ago, and they've made a lot of anime that I don't think too highly of.

That said, I don't really pay much attention to who makes what animes I watch, so I can't really make a recommendation for any studio.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."