Pronunciation of names?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scorptatious

Re: Pronunciation of names?

Post by scorptatious »

I've always pronounced Hanako's name like this:

Huh-nah-ko (the ah as in "say ahh")

I'm not sure if this is the correct pronunciation, but for me it rolls off the tongue a bit better.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

I'm still a little puzzled over the pronunciation of Hisao. I've always slurred it (as it is in this fandub of the scene where he first meets Hanako), but reading this thread, apparently the syllables should be more enunciated. Anyone care to clarify?
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'd say the version in the video is close enough. Maybe a bit more emphasis on the "i"...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I'd say the version in the video is close enough. Maybe a bit more emphasis on the "i"...
Marvelous. Always nice when it turns out you haven't been entirely wrong about something like that for months.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |