Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scopedknife

Re: Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by scopedknife »

Yuuki wrote:it doesn't really matter...the outward appearance is not the the thing you should love them for most...personally, i find the question kind of one sided...i mean, why would it matter?

so..i-i guess my answer is..if there is..someone out there...i don't see why any "psychical problems or dissabilities" should affect my love.
Well said. I agree entirely. I have in fact met people with physical disabilities, and they've all been most amiable people.
To be honest, wouldn't this be the answer that pretty much everyone on the forum would give, by proxy that this is the KS forum? :?:
"Do something you can't, just because you can." - In other words, troll life.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

i suppose..but i don't really know anyone here yet so...

i hope it's true ^^
once, I said nothing...and so much has changed since that day.
russianspy1234

Post by russianspy1234 »

scopedknife wrote:
Yuuki wrote:it doesn't really matter...the outward appearance is not the the thing you should love them for most...personally, i find the question kind of one sided...i mean, why would it matter?

so..i-i guess my answer is..if there is..someone out there...i don't see why any "psychical problems or dissabilities" should affect my love.
Well said. I agree entirely. I have in fact met people with physical disabilities, and they've all been most amiable people.
To be honest, wouldn't this be the answer that pretty much everyone on the forum would give, by proxy that this is the KS forum? :?:
nope, somewhere earlier in the thread, someone said that not only would they not, but no one should because of bad genetics or whatever.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

as...i had previously thought...but they have a point...nonetheless, my opinion stands.
Mikage-sama

Post by Mikage-sama »

They don't have a point.
"Disability" genes don't exist, if the parent had some sort of disease or illness the child would only have a slight higher chance of getting that disease or illness.
DUMB PEOPLE.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

uh..um..t-thank you.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Yeah, not to mention that having children isn't necessary to have a loving relationship. Well, there'll always be some people who are arrogant enough to think they have the right to say who should be allowed to reproduce and who not... :roll:
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Bara

Post by Bara »

Has anyone considered the flip side of this question? Would someone with a physical disability necessarily want a non-disabled partner in a relationship? Would they reject you or I due to our lack of common ground with them?
Just throwing the idea out there to be chewed over for a bit. :D

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

i..honestly can't answer that...y-you have a good point though...
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

Another issue are disabilities like Hisao's which are very straining for a relationship since his lifespan is much shorter than average. Considering that many people would aim for longterm relationship, people like Hisao do not only have to overcome their disability but also have to face the prospect of not being able to spend as much time with their beloved as other people.
Producing offspring without being sure that you can be their father or mother as long as they need you, or slowly withering away and dying while your partner is in her or his best years are possible circumstances which require you to carefully evaluate if and what kind of relationship you seek to attain.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

in my opinion, it still should'nt (at least) make much of a difference.
Poli-Gluttanous

Post by Poli-Gluttanous »

Yuuki wrote:in my opinion, it still should'nt (at least) make much of a difference.
Perhaps it shouldn't make a difference, but I guarantee you it will, regardless of should or shouldn't. These disabilities are problems, and real ones; they make the people who carry them no less worthy as people, but perhaps less desirable as a partner. The dimensions of a relationship that would be affected could anything from how you communicate (a-la deafness), to the basic competencies of your significant other (be they physical problems or psychological ones). Hell, if we want to use the game as an example, Hisao's probably the worst case. The girls' problems suck, fair enough, but they're stable: It'd take more than a shock or a nasty knock to the chest to get their ticker to tock.

As for me, it'd depend on the disability. I'd honestly consider deafness more a language barrier than anything else but, as much as I'd hate to admit it, most anything else would pretty seriously put me off.
Yuuki

Post by Yuuki »

a-agreeing with t-that last statement. i could probably list a couple that put me of to.

so i guess you have a better point..
Bara

Post by Bara »

Well at least most physical disabilities are an up-front factor that can be taken into consideration when a person is mulling over moving from "attraction" to "starting a relationship". Honestly, everyone goes over the pros and cons before making the attempt at starting a relationship with any other person. (I'll grant that the head-over-heels, love-at-first-sight types of people are out there; but I tend to agree with the ancient greeks and classify it as a type of madness.) :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Bara wrote:Well at least most physical disabilities are an up-front factor that can be taken into consideration when a person is mulling over moving from "attraction" to "starting a relationship". Honestly, everyone goes over the pros and cons before making the attempt at starting a relationship with any other person.
I agree with you there, but I'd like to think that the pros and cons don't matter as long as you really love that person. Maybe that's just because personally, I wouldn't start a relationship with someone I don't love.*shrug*
(I'll grant that the head-over-heels, love-at-first-sight types of people are out there; but I tend to agree with the ancient greeks and classify it as a type of madness.) :lol:
:lol:
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!