Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Seyren

Re: Would you date a girl/guy with a physical disability?

Post by Seyren »

if she feel good with me, and so do i
why not? Disabled didn't mean you can't keep up with a normal person...
Banzai KS!!
Thistledown

Post by Thistledown »

Most physical disabilities don't bother me, and I'm thoroughly a romantic, so yes I would. Being partially deaf myself I've been subject to plenty of scrutiny, so I'm even more empathetic to lonely disabled ladies.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Thistledown wrote:Most physical disabilities don't bother me, and I'm thoroughly a romantic, so yes I would. Being partially deaf myself I've been subject to plenty of scrutiny, so I'm even more empathetic to lonely disabled ladies.
Ehh... what? If you're not completely deaf then I don't see how that would subject you to scrutiny. Partial deafness is nothing more than an inconvenience and maybe a cause for some awkward situations; it's not like you have to adopt a completely different method of communicating and living.
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

My second girlfriend was legally blind because meningitis attacking the brain during birth. She did have a cane though, however, she was so used to the school layout for the most part. The only time she'd use was in unfamilar locations on field trips and the like. She was pretty good looking too.

We both went to this school, esentially our own Yamaku for kids with special needs, mine was for mild Aspberger's syndrome.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
toast

Post by toast »

I mean probably, as long as they weren't like hideously mutated or something.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
sifian

Post by sifian »

I doubt I'd be comfortable making any kind of romantic approach. There's no way I could go to a club/bar/other social venue, make niceties with some disabled girl, and walk away with a phone number, etc. That kind of thing if difficult enough as is, and adding an obvious source of potential awkwardness would kill it.

If I somehow got to know her and become friends in a non-romantic setting, then I don't think I'd have any obstacles developing affection for her, however... so friends' sister, coworker, etc. would be fair game, but not an entirely new relationship.
Thistledown

Post by Thistledown »

Caesius wrote:
Thistledown wrote:Most physical disabilities don't bother me, and I'm thoroughly a romantic, so yes I would. Being partially deaf myself I've been subject to plenty of scrutiny, so I'm even more empathetic to lonely disabled ladies.
Ehh... what? If you're not completely deaf then I don't see how that would subject you to scrutiny. Partial deafness is nothing more than an inconvenience and maybe a cause for some awkward situations; it's not like you have to adopt a completely different method of communicating and living.
Trust me. Being the only one in a group of people that is remotely disabled, and people treat me either with no empathy (since they don't know how to act usually) or try to accommodate for me too much. I hate being singled out because I can't hear all that great, and strangers usually treat me like I am mentally disabled rather than just speaking more clearly and a little louder, like I ask. Maybe "scrutiny" isn't the right word. :| But that isn't the point of this thread.

EDIT: Typo
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

AutisticPsycho wrote:My second girlfriend was legally blind because meningitis attacking the brain during birth. She did have a cane though, however, she was so used to the school layout for the most part. The only time she'd use was in unfamilar locations on field trips and the like. She was pretty good looking too.

We both went to this school, esentially our own Yamaku for kids with special needs, mine was for mild Aspberger's syndrome.

That sounds incredibly awesome. Wait, what?

I need to go to bed.
Hydra

Post by Hydra »

hey, if they were willing to date me i'm in no position to be turning down anyone :(
EmP|ty

Post by EmP|ty »

Bara wrote:
Caesius wrote:And for the record, I absolutely would not be able to get myself to like a girl with a mental disability. I just wouldn't be able to get past whatever such a disability would entail, even if they're "gifted" in some way and are physically attractive. I'm not just shallow in the physical sense.
Yeah, I must confess to having more than a small amount of bias against mentaly disabled people. (Crazy I can handle; retarded, uh uh! No dice.) I could not get involved with someone less intelligent than I am. Smart chicks = turn on, even with plain looks; dumb chicks = turn off, even if they are centerfold looks, they can only at best be fap fodder.
Not very nice of me possibly, but it is my honest take on it.

You know this does make me wonder why I preffer Emi to Shizune? Normally I'd be all for the smart, pretty, glasses wearing girl but something about Emi's character; the way its written, just appeals to me.
Pretty much this.

Even the part about Emi.
b0mb3r

Post by b0mb3r »

as a mentally disabled guy i do wish for some love so i must return the love the same to my fellow disabled peers (girls) too who wish so too. so yeah i would date someone like me
Malus_Phasmatis

Post by Malus_Phasmatis »

I'd like to think I'm not so shallow that I couldn't look past someone's disability to see who they actually are.

That said, I'm not 100% sure. I suppose it depends on what the disability is. Something like deafness or blindness I could get past, but on the extreme I don't know how well I'd be able to deal with an amputee. Not because I'd think badly of them, but injuries to that extent sometimes make me incredibly nauseous. That probably makes me sound awful, but I really do have a light stomach when it comes to scars and things of that sort.

I once had to get a few stitches in my leg, eight; at one point I had to change the bandage and I almost passed out looking at it. That was about ten years ago. Even now the scar grosses me out. I have no feeling whatsoever on that scar, and for some reason it makes me feel sick if I touch it.
"Time and place are nothing. Constructs of a feeble mortal mind attempting to categorize and understand the world around it."
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

It would depend on the person and the disability, but mostly this
sifian wrote:If I somehow got to know her and become friends in a non-romantic setting, then I don't think I'd have any obstacles developing affection for her
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
flurk

Post by flurk »

abscess wrote:Anyway, yeah I think I wouldn't mind. As long as there is an entertaining and interesting conversation available, I'm game.
something like that. :)
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I think I would, yes. ^^