Validus Razgriz

Re: Your response to this?

Post by Validus Razgriz »

kobe wrote:
DuaneMoody wrote:
Eligre wrote:AD 2101
I think war would be beginning
Stop that
How are you gentlemen, all your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time.
I think this is exactly the kind of stuff the Mods were talking about in the updated FAQ/Rules thread.
Suriko wrote:Proper use of English
blue123 wrote:this is not 4chan
I'm still tempted to write the next line, lol.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Validus Razgriz wrote:I'm still tempted to write the next line, lol.
So am I. God that movie is what got me into the internet. Good times...
kobe

Post by kobe »

Validus Razgriz wrote: I'm still tempted to write the next line, lol.
Who wouldn't? :p, but I'm gonna stop now, don't wanna risk a ban.
(And I only just noticed the new forum rules thread...thanks for pointing it out!)
Eligre

Post by Eligre »

In defense of my post, I chose a date arbitrarily one full century away from the true onset of the Womens' Rights movements (the dawn of the 2000's) true momentum, and then referenced the meme indirectly and not word for word a few sentences later, in a context that is actually true in that I did indeed mean a war would begin, if not already in full scale by that point, since males are inherently more violent than females, it would be their acceptable rebuttal to a turn in societal environs (biologically speaking, not sexist-ually speaking, males are more combative and battle-oriented by evolution). It's their fault for continuing it.

And as so, just like Hisao, I push Lilly under the train tracks for Shizune.

Still, despite the side-track, my previous statement still stands in that conflicts both minor and major will occur as power shifts from one gender to equilibrium and then to the other, and more conflict as it is forced back. The conflict will not necessarily be physical, but that too is possible, but more likely it will be information warfare and attrition.
...Not that my avvy is suggesting anything about Katawa Shoujo. I hope.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Eligre wrote:In defense of my post, I chose ... <edit for brevity and lack of interest>
Please don't make the mistake of portraying the people who post in the forum as seeing Kenji as anything other than a comical character. If you don't get the joke thats fine. Everyone is welcome to their own opinions. Since this thread was was only peripheraly associated with the state of the VN's and game industry and not directly with KS it is probaly being considered for a lock anyway.

Trolling with big fancy words for bait; is still just trolling. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

It's just exponentially more classy and usually more effective.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Hypothermia wrote:It's just exponentially more classy and usually more effective.
Oh, "exponentially" used! Five syllable word. Hypothermia is the winner! :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

I feel like I just jammed it in there though. Like baking a cake and only giving one-eighth of it frosting.

edit: My username is a five syllable word, I get a 2x Multiplier.
Guess

Post by Guess »

Hypothermia wrote:I feel like I just jammed it in there though. Like baking a cake and only giving one-eighth of it frosting.

edit: My username is a five syllable word, I get a 2x Multiplier.
It's 4 syllable. Hy-po-ther-mia. You get a -2x Multiplier for that mistake.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypothermia
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

[hahy-puh-thur-mee-uh]
Validus Razgriz

Caesius wrote:[hahy-puh-thur-mee-uh]
Yeah, it really depends on how you pronounce the word. Just like the word "nuclear".

[nu-kleer]
or
[nu-kyu-lar]

There are so many dialects and accents for the English language that there's no longer any real authority on the language.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
Caesius wrote:[hahy-puh-thur-mee-uh]
Yeah, it really depends on how you pronounce the word. Just like the word "nuclear".

[nu-kleer]
or
[nu-kyu-lar]

There are so many dialects and accents for the English language that there's no longer any real authority on the language.
No, unless you think that people actually pronounce "mia" as "myah."

And there is authority over the English language; it resides with the people who make the dictionaries (NOT Sarah Palin), and there are indeed simply wrong ways to pronounce a word.

Edit: Also, "nuclear" is actually pronounced with three syllables: noo-klee-er
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

I'm a good upper middle class white person and I pronounce the whole word.
Validus Razgriz

Caesius wrote: No, unless you think that people actually pronounce "mia" as "myah."

And there is authority over the English language; it resides with the people who make the dictionaries (NOT Sarah Palin), and there are indeed simply wrong ways to pronounce a word.

Edit: Also, "nuclear" is actually pronounced with three syllables: noo-klee-er
Well, I pronounce nuclear with only two sylables.

And, if you actually think that there is a real authority, M-W says that your way of pronouncing Hypothermia is wrong and that nu-kyu-lar is technically a correct pronunciation of nuclear.:
M-W wrote:Though disapproved of by many, pronunciations ending in \-kyə-lər\ have been found in widespread use among educated speakers including scientists, lawyers, professors, congressmen, United States cabinet members, and at least two United States presidents and one vice president. While most common in the United States, these pronunciations have also been heard from British and Canadian speakers.
And, languages aren't static. They change all the time, depending on how the majority of people choose to pronounce the words and set their sentence struction. I'm sure that no one of this forum would ever be able to understand someone speaking English from 1000-1500 years ago.

(I sense incoming thread lock in three... two... one...)
Last edited by Validus Razgriz on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

We must make haste before the inevitable thread lock!

Do people really pronounce Hypothermia like Hypuhthermyah? Eh, dialects. I guess the English pronounce it Hoipahthermyah and then they have their different dialects and whatever.