I have a heart condition

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters
KronosIII
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 am

I have a heart condition

Post by KronosIII » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:02 am

This first act is simply amazing so far.

But what I found most amazing is how they were able to capture the life of a teenager with a heart condition.

I myself have a unique rare heart condition like Hisao, which I was born with. However I have not have surgery because there is not much they can do about it.

Throughout my life it has been very hard on me in a physical level. I will be a kid at the best shape in class yet I will always be dead last in every sport.The feeling of not being able to come close to anyone in sports no matter how hard I try is terrible. When a simple bike ride with a friend makes you gasp for air.

With what they showed in the first act in just the little things in life like throwing a few balls at a target is true. If I ever push myself too far I may drop dead. And my endurance to keep up with anyone is so shitty.

One thing that I do not like in the game is that they don't tell each other about there condition. I don't normally say it out in the open, but only say so when it is obvious that there is something wrong with me.

And I 100% percent bet that Hisano has a odd sounding heart beat. It is one of my obvious signs I have a heart condition when someone gets close enough to rest on my chest. imagine hearing (waa waa waa, instead of thump thump thump) It will scare most people the first time, and then they realize how unique and amazing it is. Every time I went to a new doctor for a check up they are amazed and try to bring every doctor in the room to hear it.

I have to say great job if you read this Devs. and mods. . What you are making here is truly amazing and will buy it even if it was 100 bucks to see the full story.( I hope it is not that much)

P.S. not trolling, Iam serious :|

User avatar
kobe
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by kobe » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:26 am

I know the feeling of always being the last one in sports. I myself get tired pretty damn quick too (let me jog 200 meters and i gasp for air). I'm lucky enough to be able to ride a bike without getting too tired, though.(being born prematurely sucks) And isn't there ANYTHING you can do about it? I mean, people say practice makes perfect. Isn't excercise able to make you stronger? Oh, and the full game will be totally free, just like the demo, and available for download! ^^
Also, interesting name KronosIII, mind if i ask why you chose it? sorry if I'm being a bit too curious...I'm kinda...how do you say it...weird ^.^;

KronosIII
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 am

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by KronosIII » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:41 am

kobe wrote:I know the feeling of always being the last one in sports. I myself get tired pretty damn quick too (let me jog 200 meters and i gasp for air). I'm lucky enough to be able to ride a bike without getting too tired, though.(being born prematurely sucks) And isn't there ANYTHING you can do about it? I mean, people say practice makes perfect. Isn't excercise able to make you stronger? Oh, and the full game will be totally free, just like the demo, and available for download! ^^
Also, interesting name KronosIII, mind if i ask why you chose it? sorry if I'm being a bit too curious...I'm kinda...how do you say it...weird ^.^;

Yes I do exercise, and I am able to do good, but still unable to even keep up with a normal person that does not exercise at all. I can out run people, but I can not last as long as a normal person.

And to make things even funnier I have a titanium rod in my leg. Broke my femur in half and it has never been the same. So it even adds more difficulty to keep up with others.

And there is surgery for it, but they will only perform when the shit hits the fan sort of thing. Like when I have a heart attack or something similar to Hisao.

Are you serious free?? They can make good money off of this, loyal fans will buy it instead of a torrent so they get some cash.

And KronosIII, my last name is Kroner and I am the 3rd Kroner in the family with the same first name. So it would make me Kroner the 3rd. So to keep that I jsut changed Kroner to Kronos. Since Kronos is a bad ass and all.

And what is your problem? Why you always last? what do you have?

User avatar
kobe
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by kobe » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 am

[quote="KronosIII] text [/quote]

negative stuff:

I don't really have any disease or problem, it's just that my lungs (well, all of my organs) are pressed together inside of my body because my midriff (is that even an english word? kinda iterally translated from dutch) bends over to the inside of my body, kinda creating a crater thingy...so my lungs can't really inhale what they should be able to. And my heart is pressed together, so it has to beat faster to pump through the same amount of blood. The surgery for that sort of thing is pretty extreme (breaking open my ribcase and stuff like that) so I too, am only getting it when 'the shit hits the fan'
All in all, I can't really complain...I can ride a bike just fine, and skating/walking is no problem either. But mountainbiking *shivers*, the problem is that I can't feel myself getting tired till I stop. I can out run 1 person, and that's my friend who does nothing more than play games on his pc all day long! *is proud* :p
^ all that stuff sounds worse than it is, really.

positive stuff:

the only posititve thing about all this is that I can eat as much as i want, I won't gain weight, and when I'm on hiking trips that are more focused around obstacles (with stones and tree trunks everywhere, like in mountains) I can pretty much just ninja (read: jump, hop, and slide) my way over the stuff...maybe i should pick up parkour...or free running, or whatever the heck it's called, looks like fun.
I'm also too damn flexible, almost cat-like, because I'm so skinny. I've never broken anything.
That's basically all that's "wrong" with me.
I got friends, like music, get mediocre grades, ...
I got a pretty boring life. but hey, I'm happy, and that's what counts, right?

*tries to come up with a question to ask, but fails*

User avatar
toast
Posts: 167
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:38 am
Location: irc

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by toast » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:51 pm

I'm always last in most sports, but that's just because i suck at life.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed

User avatar
bitpeg
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by bitpeg » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:13 pm

A man goes into the doctor's office because of a pain he's having.
The man says to the doctor "Doc, I got a problem! It hurts when I do this!"
Then the doctor just says "So don't do it."


Get it?
These fermions smell positively ionic.

User avatar
flurk
Posts: 89
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:40 am
Location: UK

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by flurk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:39 pm

bitpeg wrote:A man goes into the doctor's office because of a pain he's having.
The man says to the doctor "Doc, I got a problem! It hurts when I do this!"
Then the doctor just says "So don't do it."


Get it?
harsh, bro.

and to the OP, does your heart beat really sound like "waa waa waa"? bizzare! O.O any idea why it goes like that?

KronosIII
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 am

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by KronosIII » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:58 pm

flurk wrote:
bitpeg wrote:A man goes into the doctor's office because of a pain he's having.
The man says to the doctor "Doc, I got a problem! It hurts when I do this!"
Then the doctor just says "So don't do it."


Get it?
harsh, bro.

and to the OP, does your heart beat really sound like "waa waa waa"? bizzare! O.O any idea why it goes like that?

Funny if I tell you the reason. In literal words my heart bleeds

girlfriend: I love you
me: My heart bleeds for you
girlfriend: Thats so nice to say
me: not really, my heart bleeds for everyone and everything

berserker29
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by berserker29 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:35 pm

KronosIII wrote:
flurk wrote:
bitpeg wrote:A man goes into the doctor's office because of a pain he's having.
The man says to the doctor "Doc, I got a problem! It hurts when I do this!"
Then the doctor just says "So don't do it."


Get it?
harsh, bro.

and to the OP, does your heart beat really sound like "waa waa waa"? bizzare! O.O any idea why it goes like that?

Funny if I tell you the reason. In literal words my heart bleeds

girlfriend: I love you
me: My heart bleeds for you
girlfriend: Thats so nice to say
me: not really, my heart bleeds for everyone and everything
When you say that your heart bleeds, do you mean that you actually have fluids running out into your chest cavity? Or that the valves of your heart don't quite close all the way? (Hence no "thump")

I have arrhythmia as well, but it tends to fall under the category of "annoying" to "severe" all the while being "probably-not-fatal".

I have the "irregular heartbeat" variety which is really just embarrassing more than anything else, because it always seems to act up in public. I can go around, run, bike, swim, -whatever- no problem, because even though my heart goes "Thump...Thump-a-Thump...Thump-Thump" it averages out close enough to normal not to be a problem, but then after no incidents for 2+ weeks I stand up from a chair and take a few steps, and all of a sudden my blood pressure is so low that my head doesn't get any new blood for a few seconds. My head feels like it's on fire and my vision breaks out in multi-colored snow as I'm left standing there.

If I'm lucky, nobody notices me swaying in place for a few seconds. If I'm not lucky, I suddenly realize I'm on the floor, everyone freaks out, and I have to explain.

The worst part about falling over (fainting for a few seconds?) is that when you get back up and say "I'm okay" NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

BTW: If the doctor tells you to stop poking yourself in the eye, that's one thing, but what if the doctor says "You're no longer allowed to sit on your ass. You have to carry around this cushion to sit on for the rest of your life." Chances are you're going to tell said doctor to go F*** himself and try to sit just like everyone else does, because it seems absolutely ludicrous that you can't.
Image
2xCPU version, 1xPS3, 1xGTX 260

strangerthanfiction
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by strangerthanfiction » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:43 pm

I stand up from a chair and take a few steps, and all of a sudden my blood pressure is so low that my head doesn't get any new blood for a few seconds. My head feels like it's on fire and my vision breaks out in multi-colored snow as I'm left standing there.
That exact same thing happens to me sometimes. Now I'm thinking I should see a doctor...

KronosIII
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:28 am

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by KronosIII » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 pm

KronosIII wrote:
flurk wrote:
bitpeg wrote:

Get it?
harsh, bro.

and to the OP, does your heart beat really sound like "waa waa waa"? bizzare! O.O any idea why it goes like that?

When you say that your heart bleeds, do you mean that you actually have fluids running out into your chest cavity? Or that the valves of your heart don't quite close all the way? (Hence no "thump")

I have arrhythmia as well, but it tends to fall under the category of "annoying" to "severe" all the while being "probably-not-fatal".

I have the "irregular heartbeat" variety which is really just embarrassing more than anything else, because it always seems to act up in public. I can go around, run, bike, swim, -whatever- no problem, because even though my heart goes "Thump...Thump-a-Thump...Thump-Thump" it averages out close enough to normal not to be a problem, but then after no incidents for 2+ weeks I stand up from a chair and take a few steps, and all of a sudden my blood pressure is so low that my head doesn't get any new blood for a few seconds. My head feels like it's on fire and my vision breaks out in multi-colored snow as I'm left standing there.

If I'm lucky, nobody notices me swaying in place for a few seconds. If I'm not lucky, I suddenly realize I'm on the floor, everyone freaks out, and I have to explain.

The worst part about falling over (fainting for a few seconds?) is that when you get back up and say "I'm okay" NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

BTW: If the doctor tells you to stop poking yourself in the eye, that's one thing, but what if the doctor says "You're no longer allowed to sit on your ass. You have to carry around this cushion to sit on for the rest of your life." Chances are you're going to tell said doctor to go F*** himself and try to sit just like everyone else does, because it seems absolutely ludicrous that you can't.

Yes normally arrhythmia is not that bad for most people. What I have is a murmur. It is different however, I don't have 1 hole I have a few holes around my heart. That is what creates the weird sound.

And what you described with not enough blood going to the head can happen to anyone. Sometimes happens to people that jolt out of there seat to quickly. And there is no need to go to a doctor for that from the post above me. It just means you had poor circulation at the moment from eating something fating or what I just described. Arrhythmia symptoms however can carry into a heart murmur I have. I do feel those weird pulses at certain times that he experiences in the VN. Sometimes they are random, but they normally happen if I do not eat healthy, under stress, or sad.

But ya normally arrhythmia is not serious at all. Hisao in the VN is just a rare case.

User avatar
abscess
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:22 am

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by abscess » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:32 pm

strangerthanfiction wrote:
I stand up from a chair and take a few steps, and all of a sudden my blood pressure is so low that my head doesn't get any new blood for a few seconds. My head feels like it's on fire and my vision breaks out in multi-colored snow as I'm left standing there.
That exact same thing happens to me sometimes. Now I'm thinking I should see a doctor...
Holy crap.... it happens to me too.... And sometimes even if I'm just sitting staring at the front....
Siiiiigh....

User avatar
Devvy
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:46 am

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by Devvy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:43 am

abscess wrote:
strangerthanfiction wrote:
I stand up from a chair and take a few steps, and all of a sudden my blood pressure is so low that my head doesn't get any new blood for a few seconds. My head feels like it's on fire and my vision breaks out in multi-colored snow as I'm left standing there.
That exact same thing happens to me sometimes. Now I'm thinking I should see a doctor...
Holy crap.... it happens to me too.... And sometimes even if I'm just sitting staring at the front....
It may just be a more serious case of postural hypotension, whereby the blood is flushing out of your head too quickly and you temporarily have a shortage of glucose and oxygen in your brain.

User avatar
kobe
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:11 pm
Location: The Internet

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by kobe » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:47 am

flurk wrote:
bitpeg wrote:A man goes into the doctor's office because of a pain he's having.
The man says to the doctor "Doc, I got a problem! It hurts when I do this!"
Then the doctor just says "So don't do it."


Get it?
harsh, bro.
I lol'd, even though I shouldn't have.

Seroanth
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Re: I have a heart condition

Post by Seroanth » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Hmm...

I've never heard of anyone have a "Waa waa waa' sound before.

You sure it's not more like a wave breaking mixed with a feeling like blood is rushing into your head?

I've only had two such heartbeats in the last 5 years, but I remember the sound I heard. What you hear is actually the blood rushing into your ears :D

Post Reply