No
41%
Dunno?
1%

Total votes: 272

MythagoWoods

Re: Was KS the first VN you played?

Post by MythagoWoods »

Is it my first? No, but it's the one I enjoyed the most... and it's only at the first act! (wonder how many total are planned)
What was my first? You expect me to remember that long ago? Hell, I'm lucky if I remember what I had for breakfast... when I wake up that early.

Edit: Didn't realise how much of my English I managed to mangle. Fixed!
Last edited by MythagoWoods on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Screw you, Xom. Just... screw you.
arrhythmia_one

Post by arrhythmia_one »

Yep. It's the first for me. In fact, I'm only doing this because I work in a church in Japan, and this VN serves as part of my research on how disabilities are regarded in otaku culture. I must say, this is the best I've seen thus far. (ef came really close, I hear.) And by gaijins too!
cowen

Post by cowen »

To be honest, the first VN I played was either True Love, Season of Sakura, or Three Sisters Story. Though they are more or less eroge, but whatever.

Katawa Shoujo outdoes all the VN I have ever played of course, and is why I decided to make my own VN. Truly one of the best games of all time actually, even outdoing other favorites of mine, like Morrowind and Dwarf Fortress.

Anyhow, I'm sure that KS will remain my favorite VN of all time, but it was certainly not what I lost my 'vn cherry' too.

Sorry about sounding weird, I am burning the candle on both ends (busy making my own VN), and need rest.
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

MythagoWoods wrote:Is it my first? No, but it's the one I enjoyed the most... and it's only at the first act! (wonder how many total are planned)
What was my first? You expect me to remember that long ago? Hell, I'm lucky if I remember what I had for breakfast... when I wake up that early.

Edit: Didn't realise how much of my English I managed to mangle. Fixed!
I remember someone saying 5-6 acts.

Yes.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Seroanth wrote:I remember someone saying 5-6 acts.
Yes.
I believe it is 4-5 acts (depending on path) total. I'm pretty sure the devs were including Act 1 when they said 4-5 depending on girl. Not that I would mind being wrong. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Seroanth

Post by Seroanth »

Bara wrote:
Seroanth wrote:I remember someone saying 5-6 acts.
Yes.
I believe it is 4-5 acts (depending on path) total. I'm pretty sure the devs were including Act 1 when they said 4-5 depending on girl. Not that I would mind being wrong. :wink:
I remember they said 5-6 including 1 D:
stranger

Post by stranger »

Aura wrote:From what I've understood of the discussion around KS in the past month and so, a rather large amount of people have been introduced to the VN medium through Act 1 release. I think that is very interesting.
I actually don't find it surprising at all, since KS was made entirely by westerners for westerners (and "marketed" via 4chan). Most of the real VN nuts would be looking on JList or somewhere for their fix. The fact that this can be obtained for free legally without paying import taxes or torrenting also would draw in far more people than any other VN would. That said, yes, this is the first one I ever bothered playing, and unless this proves to be a big influence on the genre as a whole, I can't see myself playing any more.
remember to take your meds, kids