bitpeg

Re: Was KS the first VN you played?

Post by bitpeg »

Heh, I chortled a bit.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
ThatsGobbles

Post by ThatsGobbles »

Not my first, but it's the best thus far.
Zz

Post by Zz »

Actually now that I look back, I have played a few. I think the order was.
The Sagara Famialy
All the Phoenix Write games
A Drug That Makes You Dream
KS

I think Phoenix Write plays much different as it's more about trying to put together a scenario based on the evidence available, and the "dating" ones are more about finding a way to please ur waifu. Phoenix Write was actually kinda frustrating, because even if I figured everything out every thing and had an idea of how to prove it, I would have a hard time trying to convey that to the game, or that wasn't the way/time they wanted me to prove it, and I had to go through a bunch of unnecessary drama. The dating/hentai VNs were kinda frustrating to as the results of my choices didn't make much sense, or my choices would seem insignificant, but result in hours of reading the main character make other choices I would not of. Looking back now I realize that Katawa Shoujo act 1 is the best VN I have played, and I am looking forward to the full release.
Jyo_ni

Post by Jyo_ni »

I think my first was some freeware VN that i think was set in an american highschool but my first official one was Snow Sakura(fuck yeah Saki)

If your first VN was KS though, your in for a hard time, since its of exceptional quality and most VN's are eroge :S(or I could be wrong?). Sagara Family maybe epitomizes the norm?

eggplants :roll:
Miroku

Post by Miroku »

I would have to say yes.... KS was the first VN I've ever played. I downloaded it the beginning of May, and since then I've been steadily increasing the number of bishoujo games I've played through.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Yes, this was my first VN.

Since playing it, i've had a sudden urge to play F/SN. But for the life of me, i can't find it. (At least with a English patch)
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Snicket wrote:Yes, this was my first VN.

Since playing it, i've had a sudden urge to play F/SN. But for the life of me, i can't find it. (At least with a English patch)
Did a bit of googlan.
Found this.
Enjoy.

http://mirrormoon.org/projects/fate_stay_night
These fermions smell positively ionic.
minkus

Post by minkus »

KS is my first VN, but hopefully not my last. I'd definitely play anything these guys make in the future. How long is Fate/Stay Night?

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

F/SN is long, about the lenght of all Harry Potter books put together (and 10 times longer than KS act 1)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
vaen

Post by vaen »

when I was done with F/SN I had over 3 days on the counter. meaning over 3x24 hours of straight reading.

not that strange considering it would be about 2x as long as all 3 books of LOTR put together.
Kisho

Post by Kisho »

Depending on whether you count the Phoenix Wright games, KS is either my first or 5th. (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney) Up to you whether you count those or not.

Since playing KS though, I've been inspired to search for more VNs, starting with Fate/Stay Night since I had already watched the Anime. Just completed the Infinite Blade Works storyline, will start on the Heaven's Feel storyline tomorrow. While the storyline and world created by F/SN is absolutely epic, I believe KS has F/SN beat when it comes to likeable and believeable characters. Though Saber is one of my favourite characters in the history of EVER. Have to wonder if the KS girls can beat that (looking likely so far)!
vaen

Post by vaen »

Kisho wrote:Depending on whether you count the Phoenix Wright games, KS is either my first or 5th. (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations, Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney) Up to you whether you count those or not.

Since playing KS though, I've been inspired to search for more VNs, starting with Fate/Stay Night since I had already watched the Anime. Just completed the Infinite Blade Works storyline, will start on the Heaven's Feel storyline tomorrow. While the storyline and world created by F/SN is absolutely epic, I believe KS has F/SN beat when it comes to likeable and believeable characters. Though Saber is one of my favourite characters in the history of EVER. Have to wonder if the KS girls can beat that (looking likely so far)!
I think you just might like the Lilly-Saber crossovers that were made in the photoshop thread about as much as I do :D
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

I finished Wanko from Fakku a few months before demo was released so this will be my second
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Aura wrote:F/SN is long, about the lenght of all Harry Potter books put together (and 10 times longer than KS act 1)
I want KS to be as long as Utawarerumono and F/SN and then some
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
vaen

Post by vaen »

Lawls wrote:
Aura wrote:F/SN is long, about the lenght of all Harry Potter books put together (and 10 times longer than KS act 1)
I want KS to be as long as Utawarerumono and F/SN and then some
naw. the jokes would become strained when there's too much filler put in for the sake of making it longer.
it's either that or it'll take at least another 3 years before the full release comes out. anyway, I think it was Aura who said that the first drafts are all done already so the length is pretty much set.