No
41%
Dunno?
1%

Total votes: 272

Validus Razgriz

Re: Was KS the first VN you played?

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Solunar wrote:Wait, Phoenix Wright is considered a VN? Oh dang, then I guess my first was with Phoenix Wright, then.
It's kind of a hybrid game. The courtroom sections are VN, but the investigation sections have some adventure game elements added to it, similar to the games Déjà Vu and Shadowgate.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
UnKreativ

Post by UnKreativ »

It was my first VN...

By the way: Why do we need a "Dunno?" option?
"The end of the world as we know it. Like weekends usually are, but more dire. Much more dire."
- Rin Tezuka
WASSHOI

Post by WASSHOI »

Validus Razgriz wrote:
Solunar wrote:Wait, Phoenix Wright is considered a VN? Oh dang, then I guess my first was with Phoenix Wright, then.
It's kind of a hybrid game. The courtroom sections are VN, but the investigation sections have some adventure game elements added to it, similar to the games Déjà Vu and Shadowgate.
Yeah, Phoenix Wright is a hybrid of point and click adventure games and visual novel. The only problem is that some choices don't actually do anything. If you pick "I don't want that witness to come up to the stand" or something you have Maya shouting "What are you doing! We have to let her get up to the stand!"
"Yeah, you're right!"

I woulds much rather see a BAD END for that kind of situation. The choice is obvious, so if anyone picks it then it's most likely on purpose because they want to see a different outcome.
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Yep this is my first VN I've played. I want to play more now, but I can't get bittorrent to work, and I dont think I have the right software to play them. I'll have to try when I go home on leave and get a better connection.
toast

Post by toast »

Yeah. I've downloaded F/SN since then (although i still haven't beaten Heaven's Feel), and Tsukhime (which i am only one like day two of).
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

From what I've understood of the discussion around KS in the past month and so, a rather large amount of people have been introduced to the VN medium through Act 1 release. I think that is very interesting.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Bara

Post by Bara »

Aura wrote:From what I've understood of the discussion around KS in the past month and so, a rather large amount of people have been introduced to the VN medium through Act 1 release. I think that is very interesting.
Everyone is going to be trying other VN's, compare them to KS and be dissapointed in the quality of many of the other VN's out there.
Yeah, you guys are a corrupting influence. :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Hypothermia

Post by Hypothermia »

Yes. Very first. It will probably be my last.
abscess

Post by abscess »

Nope, mine was Snatcher (I FUCKIN' LOVED IT!! and still do). It's quite odd that there are quite a few number of new guys to the media.
Siiiiigh....
simpleDvorak

Post by simpleDvorak »

The only VN I played before KS was F/SN.
:P
The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather a knack to flying.
The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

abscess wrote:Nope, mine was Snatcher (I FUCKIN' LOVED IT!! and still do). It's quite odd that there are quite a few number of new guys to the media.
Whoa, how did I forget about that gem? So much better than the BS that we got in MGS2 and MGS4. Then again, it's even more of an adventure game than Phoenix Wright, but I can see how it could be classified as a VN.

Snatcher needs a sequel so badly :cry:
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Solunar

Post by Solunar »

UnKreativ wrote:It was my first VN...

For people like me who didn't know Phoenix Wright could be considered a VN. :lol:

Man, I'm afraid to try out other VNs, what if they don't measure up? :x
Granado

Post by Granado »

KS was not my first.

But those that get translated are only a mere fraction of visual novels available, so I can't really say that I'm a VN-enthusiast either.
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Solunar wrote:
UnKreativ wrote:It was my first VN...

For people like me who didn't know Phoenix Wright could be considered a VN. :lol:

Man, I'm afraid to try out other VNs, what if they don't measure up? :x
There's a few excellent ones. I already mentioned Saya no Uta (not for those of a nervous disposition) and ADTMYD.
The X-Change series is good if you like TG.
Pretty Soldier Wars and Lightning Warrior Raidy are different.
School Days is supposed to rock once Sekai Project finishes.

This is all just my opinion. I'm sure there are other people out there who have better suggestions than these.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

bitpeg wrote:Image
SMOKE CIGARETTE