Wikipedia article.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Eab1990

Wikipedia article.

Post by Eab1990 »

Looks like someone made one for the game. Surprising it took a lot longer than TVTropes to make.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katawa_Shoujo

It's a little lacking in the character section, so I'm fixing it up now. Just bringing attention to it and all.
Blue123

Re: Wikipedia article.

Post by Blue123 »

The creation of the article was actually discussed in the channel a few months ago. It's still lacking a lot, so feel free to add to it. Just not getting it all deleted is another matter.
Eab1990

Post by Eab1990 »

That might explain why I didn't find any topics on it here. >_>

Oh well. I've only played through Emi's route so far, but I'll do my best for starters.
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

I would help work on the wiki article, but I've been pissed at wiki about their policies for years now and articles getting deleted for no reason at all. Used to work on the Megaman/Rockman articles a lot back in 2004-2005.
Last edited by Validus Razgriz on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

That's probably the biggest problem you'll encounter. Try to put a detailed summary and it'll be deleted for being "Not notable".
Eab1990

Post by Eab1990 »

I remember spending hours working on a Nanaca Crash article, only to have it deleted the next day. That was a few years ago though...

Although, someone saw how detailed and informative it was, and was kind enough to archive it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Mewta ... naca_Crash
vaen

Post by vaen »

added some characters so all the main ones are there. mostly got the descriptions from the main site though :D can't beat those, really.
Eab1990

Post by Eab1990 »

vaen wrote:added some characters so all the main ones are there. mostly got the descriptions from the main site though :D can't beat those, really.
That's boring~ >_>

Eh, I'll rework those anyway. If you don't mind.
vaen

Post by vaen »

Eab1990 wrote:
vaen wrote:added some characters so all the main ones are there. mostly got the descriptions from the main site though :D can't beat those, really.
That's boring~ >_>

break a leg :P
Eab1990

Post by Eab1990 »

vaen wrote:
Eab1990 wrote:
That's boring~ >_>

break a leg :P
That's bad luck for stage performance. Kinda like commenting on works-in-progress. >=P

Besides, Emi's already lost her legs, I don't need to break one too. <_<

Okay, I'm done with the major characters. Working on the minor ones next.

Kinda difficult to make these without teh spoilers.

Edit: Urgh... Kinda tough to make the minor characters. Feel free to edit those, because I'm having trouble coming up with stuff. Maybe I should, y'know, finish the demo. >_>
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Writing your own interpretations of the characters without directly citing the game's text or an outside source is original research. Just use the descriptions on the site.
vaen

Post by vaen »

this is true. also, I'm pretty sure someone will at some point remove the bit about minor characters as not relevant enough. the descriptions now are too big as they are. I wans't even sure if I should mention Misha at all at first.
we'll see how it evolves.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

I checked out the article and it seems pretty accurate, except there were somethings that didn't fit the story. (Maybe they were and I just missed them) Also theirs no pictures of the "Article that started it all", any of the characters or Yamaku High School (the one in the intro could be used)
Synoptic

Post by Synoptic »

Keep a backup copy and when it gets deleted, upload it again.

Simple. :]
"...!"
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

If anyone uploads the original picture, be sure to include the proper information with it. Wiki bots like to flag pictures a lot.
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."