Respiratory Problems.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

kyuven

Re: Respiratory Problems.

Post by kyuven »

Well, i dunno about chronic asthma, but I'd imagine someone with only one lung would be accepted in a heartbeat...
Ok...that was a bad pun...really bad pun...
kobe

Post by kobe »

kyuven wrote:Well, i dunno about chronic asthma, but I'd imagine someone with only one lung would be accepted in a heartbeat...
Ok...that was a bad pun...really bad pun...
And someone with 2 lungs but the capacity of say, 1 and a half lung (and a weak heart)?
KSfan

Post by KSfan »

I myself was born and grew up with a very severe case of Bronchitis, inflammation of the mucous membranes of the bronchi (the air passage ways of the throat) amongst a few other lung/air related problems. And the doctors said that I basically had to get used to the fact that I would have those problems for the rest of my life and that I should prepare myself for living like some kind of cripple, not being able to run or rush things because it would make the muscles consume more oxygen thus increasing the blood flow which could be life threatening for me. And whenever I got found myself out of breath I became in need of immediate medical attention needing both medicine and the use of a medical ventilator.
I was able to live a somewhat "normal" as long as took it easy and as long as I never moved to roughly for too many seconds at one time. Considering the fact that it was basically impossible to exercise I was also in the need of special easygoing gymnastics, not really that much for making my body stronger but more like keeping it going.
Now, the doctors said that even with the help of medication the kinds of problems that I had only gets better among less than only 3%(could have been 2.7% or something) and that the rest simply has to live with their problems for the rest of their lives and that I should prepare myself for such a life myself.
I actually do consider myself very very lucky regarding the fact that I actually became almost completely well(which actually was a bit rare even among the already small percentage of 3%), only having to resort to some medicine from time to time thus enabling me to live a "normal" life. Now if I hadn't became better I would have had to start in one of those "special schools" for my high school because it wouldn't have been safe to be at school for a whole day without being able to receive instant medical treatment when needed. When I was a kid that wasn't as important because I lived next to a hospital and because school at that stage is much simpler, I could study home for most of the time. In High school that wouldn't really have worked as good, thus I would have had to start in that kind of school if I didn't get better.

Respiratory Problems really can be a true disability if it is severe enough. It is just that the not as serious forms are all too common and the more serious forms are so rare that Respiratory Problems is usually never regarded as a disability and more like some kind of sickness/illness. But among disabilities severe respiratory problems isn't all that uncommon, at least compared to disabilities such as heart conditions and the like.
Shouldn't someone at Yamaku have similar problems? I really like KS but I must say that I found it quite disappointing that you were somehow introduced to pretty much all other disabilities that still enabled people to be able to be creative even if one needed special care. I just felt as if something was missing when you encountered missing arms, missing legs, muteness, blindness and a heart conditions and there weren't a singe person mentioned of having some kind of respiratory problems.

However I have heard that other than third degree burns, Hanako could have lung problems caused by smoke. If that is true then I guess that would suffice. Not that I would want her to have any more problems than she already has, I just can't help but to feel that something was missing after I was done with the Act 1 demo.
I still love KS regardless though.