Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

sonnysonny

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by sonnysonny »

I dont even know, I ate some cake and Kenji murdered or something :| .
Im in your house, kicking your ass.
Arraxis

Post by Arraxis »

I didn't expect to get so attached to Shizune early on, so I ended up following her path all the way through... until I strained myself running. I picked the choice to tell them what had happened, much like a previous poster here, thinking that it was sarcastic. I was desperately hoping to be able to apologise to the two of them, but the game wouldn't let me, and I ended up taking a fall off the roof at Kenji's manly party. Needless to say, I was glad that I saved at every choice, and just had to reload and refuse to talk about it :D.

So, I got Kenji's path first, followed by Shizune's. I'm looking forward to seeing where everyone else's path goes, and for the next acts to be released!
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Arraxis wrote:I didn't expect to get so attached to Shizune early on, so I ended up following her path all the way through... until I strained myself running. I picked the choice to tell them what had happened, much like a previous poster here, thinking that it was sarcastic. I was desperately hoping to be able to apologise to the two of them, but the game wouldn't let me, and I ended up taking a fall off the roof at Kenji's manly party. Needless to say, I was glad that I saved at every choice, and just had to reload and refuse to talk about it :D.

So, I got Kenji's path first, followed by Shizune's. I'm looking forward to seeing where everyone else's path goes, and for the next acts to be released!
Manly party?! What the hell, man?
This is not some romantic princess party. This is a manly picnic. No glasses. No napkins. Whiskey only. The bevarage of true men.

And pretzels.
"Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the devil!"
Arraxis

Post by Arraxis »

Oh dear, I have miss-spoken! I have tarnished the sanctity of the phrase 'manly picnic' by replacing the second word with one that diminishes the effect of the first! I shall disembowel myself gracefully in order to redeem my honour.

And I shall bring extra pretzels.
40%

Post by 40% »

I got Lilly but I'll admit, I had a bias for her from the start, but she's gorgeous - who wouldn't?

In terms of the choices along the way, I didn't 'Go for it' with Emi because I was making choices I personally would have, and I'm a lazy person. But the last choice on the day before was harder. I was sat there for 15 minutes wondering whether Lilly would trust me more if I told her about the disability, or whether I should just say I'm fine. Eventually I figured she knew I was not fine and I felt that if Hisao had told her of his disability, it'd show he trusts her. I was really happy I got her first. I absolutely love her.

Making the choice of who to side with when Lilly and Shizune were arguing was easy. I may like Shizune but she was being incredibly rude to Lilly in that scene. Excessively so.

Of course, on my second playthrough, I tried for the Shizune route, partly in the hope of seeing why she dislikes Lilly so much (I'm sure it's not just the lack of easy communication) and I knew I'd have to side with her there. I chose to side with Shizune and then when Lilly said "Now wait just a second... are you implying the president is more right in scolding me than yourself?" with that 'I thought you would help me here.' look on her face I felt like the absolute worst person alive. When she made that face and said that it felt like someone had frozen my heart and shattered it into a million tiny, cold and broken pieces. ;_;

Then I got manly picnic and was incredibly disturbed.

In short: First playthrough was lovely and perfect and exactly what I wanted. Second was pure horror for me. I'm glad it didn't go the other way around.

Also, re-reading the scene if you side with Shizune, the way Lilly leaves the room, giving those short, sharp answers, "I won't.", "Will that be all?" and "Good day to you all.". God damnit Lilly I am so sorry ;-;
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Arraxis wrote:Oh dear, I have miss-spoken! I have tarnished the sanctity of the phrase 'manly picnic' by replacing the second word with one that diminishes the effect of the first! I shall disembowel myself gracefully in order to redeem my honour.

And I shall bring extra pretzels.
Disembowel yourself GRACEFULLY?! YOU ARE NOT HELPING YOUR CASE, HERE. DISEMBOWEL YOURSELF WITH MANLY SPIRIT.

Anyways, I don't think I've posted here yet. My first playthrough I got Emi, of course. My second playthrough, I went for Rin but got Emi. After that, I finally got Rin, then I went back and used savestates to get every other ending.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Arraxis

Post by Arraxis »

ARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH~! I AM NOT WORTHY! *disembowels self with manly spirit*
Bara

Post by Bara »

Arraxis wrote:ARRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH~! I AM NOT WORTHY! *disembowels self with manly spirit*
Nice try, with more spirit next time..... errr never mind; it's kinda a one shot, isn't it. :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Arraxis

Post by Arraxis »

*bleeds to death as a spirit is released* Yeah, a shame, that... I was really looking forward to improving my ability to commit seppuku. Oh well, next life, perhaps?
thief

Post by thief »

I'm surprised Shizune seems to be such an unlikely first ending. It's obvious enough that if you stick with her and join her student council you'll get her ending. And the game does make it so that she's the first person you really talk to so you can be set and locked into that path right away. I guess you just have to play that game of risk well.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Risk doesn't actually matter much.

It all comes down to Lunchtime Evolution and Cold War. (Which have pretty obvious choices if you're seeking Shizune)
I'd bet the thing that most people got stuck on was the "Fun Fun Fun" option after getting a heart attack.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Notguest wrote:Risk doesn't actually matter much.

It all comes down to Lunchtime Evolution and Cold War. (Which have pretty obvious choices if you're seeking Shizune)
I'd bet the thing that most people got stuck on was the "Fun Fun Fun" option after getting a heart attack.
True, but it can be quite easy to get caught up in Emi's route if you aren't careful, mainly because of agreeing to exercise more and choosing to "go for it" on the track. You just have to be vigilant when it comes to Shizune's route. The Lilly/Hanako branch is also quite easy to fall into, too. Saying that Hanako is cute and asking about the library are two fairly subtle traps. Those two combined with a defensive risk game pretty much guarantee you a healthy dose of Lilly and Hanako.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Those three don't guarantee you anything. They just give you the option of continuing the Hanako/Lilly path later on.

You can say Hanako is cute, play Risk defensively, and ask about the library, and still end up with Shizune if you want.
Quidoo

Post by Quidoo »

Notguest wrote:Those three don't guarantee you anything. They just give you the option of continuing the Hanako/Lilly path later on.

You can say Hanako is cute, play Risk defensively, and ask about the library, and still end up with Shizune if you want.
Hmm...I just played through the game again quickly. I chose to introduce myself to the class, ask about the library, play defensively, tried to introduce myself to Hanako, said she was cute. There was no "Wait for Shizune and Misha to come to a decision" option in 'Lunch Evolution Theory'. The only Shizune option after that is in 'Cold War', in which I chose to not back up Lilly. My options were cut off to Emi or Rin after that point (I chose to 'Read my book' in 'Lunch Evolution Theory').
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Quidoo wrote:
Notguest wrote:Those three don't guarantee you anything. They just give you the option of continuing the Hanako/Lilly path later on.

Hmm...I just played through the game again quickly. I chose to introduce myself to the class, ask about the library, play defensively, tried to introduce myself to Hanako, said she was cute. There was no "Wait for Shizune and Misha to come to a decision" option in 'Lunch Evolution Theory'. The only Shizune option after that is in 'Cold War', in which I chose to not back up Lilly. My options were cut off to Emi or Rin after that point (I chose to 'Read my book' in 'Lunch Evolution Theory').
I introduced myself, asked about the library, played aggressively, apologized to Hanako, and said she was cute, and got all 3 options in Lunch Evolution Theory (I'm assuming this is a 2:3 split, and gives the same result regardless of who's got the extra point). Just went and tested it...