Your First Playthrough

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Whos Ending Did You Get On Your First Playthrough of KS?

Emi
42%
Hanako
22%
Lilly
9%
Rin
7%
Shizune
8%
Kenji
12%

Total votes: 1579

ContinualNaba

Re: Your First Playthrough

Post by ContinualNaba »

Oh, I never implied speech on her behalf, just the grunting. I've worked with deaf-from-almost-birth people before (Meningitis took out the hearing of a friend's mother at three), so I was a bit confused as to why she'd be completely mute.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Well, to her, sounds have no meaning since she cant hear them. Thus, she probably never thinks to use sounds as a means of expressing anything. In situations of great duress or fervor, she may (unintentionally) make a sound or something. In normal, everyday, actions she wont use sounds, though, since its just not something she is aware of.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Shades of Grey wrote:Well, to her, sounds have no meaning since she cant hear them. Thus, she probably never thinks to use sounds as a means of expressing anything. In situations of great duress or fervor, she may (unintentionally) make a sound or something. In normal, everyday, actions she wont use sounds, though, since its just not something she is aware of.
I seem to remember reading on the old board (from when the character concepts were first being developed) that Shizune was originally going to make little groans and squees and whatnot when she got excited or emotional without realizing it. I'm kind of glad they decided not to go with that, because it has the potential for some seriously dangerous moe overload....
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

That's a point, last thing Hisao needs is a girl who squeaks without knowing it from setting off his SUPER ARTERIAL AIDS.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Csihar wrote:
Shades of Grey wrote:Well, to her, sounds have no meaning since she cant hear them. Thus, she probably never thinks to use sounds as a means of expressing anything. In situations of great duress or fervor, she may (unintentionally) make a sound or something. In normal, everyday, actions she wont use sounds, though, since its just not something she is aware of.
I seem to remember reading on the old board (from when the character concepts were first being developed) that Shizune was originally going to make little groans and squees and whatnot when she got excited or emotional without realizing it. I'm kind of glad they decided not to go with that, because it has the potential for some seriously dangerous moe overload....
On that note, Most noises that deaf people make are really weird sounding. This is because they have no reference and no way of knowing if the noise they make is odd.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Yup, it would probably make her sound like a retard more then like a moe. I tried dating a deaf girl once. It's really for the best if they keep quite :|
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

ContinualNaba wrote:Oh, I never implied speech on her behalf, just the grunting. I've worked with deaf-from-almost-birth people before (Meningitis took out the hearing of a friend's mother at three), so I was a bit confused as to why she'd be completely mute.
There's a big difference there. If you go deaf at the age of three, you've already been exposed to spoken language during the critical period of language acquisition. By the age of 3, you're most likely even speaking already.
If you're deaf at birth, it's much harder to learn to speak, if it's even possible in the first place.

Edit: Even in the case of Helen Keller, she went deaf at age 19 months, meaning she already had learned some spoken language, even if she wasn't using it.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Yup, it would probably make her sound like a retard more then like a moe. I tried dating a deaf girl once. It's really for the best if they keep quite :|
Must... resist... mysogyny...
Notguest wrote:
ContinualNaba wrote:Oh, I never implied speech on her behalf, just the grunting. I've worked with deaf-from-almost-birth people before (Meningitis took out the hearing of a friend's mother at three), so I was a bit confused as to why she'd be completely mute.
There's a big difference there. If you go deaf at the age of three, you've already been exposed to spoken language during the critical period of language acquisition. By the age of 3, you're most likely even speaking already.
If you're deaf at birth, it's much harder to learn to speak, if it's even possible in the first place.

Edit: Even in the case of Helen Keller, she went deaf at age 19 months, meaning she already had learned some spoken language, even if she wasn't using it.
Ah, and Shizune was deaf since birth, right?

Smoku

Post by Smoku »

ContinualNaba wrote: Ah, and Shizune was deaf since birth, right?
No such info can be found about that
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Though Shizune's not vocalizing at all would suggest deafness earlier in life.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

Or just a result of bullying in ordinary schools for making weird noises.

Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Must... resist... mysogyny...
You could have said so many negative things about that post, and you chose to speak about misogyny? I did not say she should stay quiet because she is a girl, I said she should stay quiet because she is deaf and the only sounds she can produce are either creepy or just... strange. It may not make me a better person, but it's still different, is it not?
By the way, if we already mentioned her name, there is that joke that goes "Why could not Helen Keller drive? Because she was a woman". Now that's mysogyny for you.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Not many people know that Helen Keller coined the phrase "talk to the hand."
pmcc

Post by pmcc »

yo all just came back from being away for about a year o see if any updates seem ike lots happend and still can wait for release but i loved the play throw or v2 so but i guess i will come back in another 6 months and see how its going :)
hey hit me up im bord and if ya know any good games i should try send me a message new to this stuff :) lol
Run Out Groove

Post by Run Out Groove »

Notguest wrote:If you're deaf at birth, it's much harder to learn to speak, if it's even possible in the first place.
It's possbile for a person born deaf to learn to speak, although it sounds horrendous. They normally use speech as a supplement to sign language, to get certain points across as well as communicate to those who don't understand sign language.