Guest28

Re: Katawa Shoujo mentioned in gaming magasin

Post by Guest28 »

Awesome :)

I bet they commented on the "contraversial name" tho...... :(
Validus Razgriz

Post by Validus Razgriz »

Aura wrote:"Marblecake" is related to the other 4chan article below the KS one, about /b/ hijacking the Time magazine 100 most influential people vote. They arranged moot to win the vote and to show that they have complete control over the results, arranged the top10 so that the first letters would spell "marblecake" when put in order.

http://musicmachinery.com/2009/04/15/in ... sion-hack/
A
L
S
O
T
H
E
G
A
M
E

God damn it, /b/! lol
"We all suffer from the preoccupation that there exists... in the loved one, perfection."
Bara

Post by Bara »

cpl_crud wrote:
PHRD wrote:Is anyone else bothered by how they make it look like the game is legit, in the sense that is being done by professionals?

Yes.
I hereby ask that all future articles written on use use Comic Sans for the text and re-draw all the art assets with Crayon.
See! Thats why you need a media flake... errr... flack. To enforce those standards of conceptual purity on the "Media Hordes" :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
abscess

Post by abscess »

Am I the only one that sees the Lilly sprite in the main picture as the older version? That is, not the one being used in the Act 1 release?
Anyway, congrats to the devs. It seems weird that they think that 4chan users made it, though. It makes me think that they didn't really did their homework on the subject.
Siiiiigh....
flurk

Post by flurk »

abscess wrote:It seems weird that they think that 4chan users made it, though.
i don't see why not. i also got that impression after reading the 'Staff' page in katawa-shoujo.com
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

I gotta say, congrats to the devs. getting KS noticed in any kind of print media is huge, especially a foreign-language one. sad to say it probably won't happen in any major American magazine - I know VNs are bigger in Japan than they are here. but damn, that'd be awesome if it did. :mrgreen:

also:
The Commissar wrote:Yea, one guy said he wanted to put his head on Misha's tummy.
hey.... I was going to call first dibs on that... :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
abscess

Post by abscess »

flurk wrote:
abscess wrote:It seems weird that they think that 4chan users made it, though.
i don't see why not. i also got that impression after reading the 'Staff' page in katawa-shoujo.com
.......... I'm not sure if I understand what you just said..... 3 hours of sleep may be the problem...
Either way, I'll try to answer based on what I think you tried to. If you say that the devs are users from 4chan, I'll bring a piece of the FAQ:
Q: Are you all Anonymous posters from 4chan?
A: No. Several of us browse 4chan occasionally, and we might post even more occasionally, but that's it. Believe it or not, we never start threads about KS. We might respond to them now and then, but most of the time we're far more busy working on the project.
Siiiiigh....
Tillumni

Post by Tillumni »

Mercutio wrote:
The Commissar wrote:Yea, one guy said he wanted to put his head on Misha's tummy.
hey.... I was going to call first dibs on that... :mrgreen:
Personally, I loved the comment translated to: "Sub where?" or "translation where?" I found in another forum.
Spoon

Post by Spoon »

Hahaha. That's amazing.
"Sometimes I sit for hours weighing the fine distinctions between spunk, pluck, balls, nerve, chutzpah, gall, and moxie."
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Tillumni wrote:Personally, I loved the comment translated to: "Sub where?" or "translation where?" I found in another forum.
exactly, man. languages may separate people, but we all know awesome when we see it. (...I think I just channeled Jack Black.) hopefully some friendly neighborhood bilinguals will translate the Act 1 demo into Japanese soon, so more people can play KS.

though I do kinda wonder how you say "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Japanese.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Zombiebees

Post by Zombiebees »

Devs you really have tapped into something special. I think the fact this is a labor of love rather than pure smut or a cash cow is what makes this game stand out. It is the same thing that makes a good home cooked meal better than anything you can buy, because the secrete ingredient is the effort and care you put into it because it is yours. Keep up the good work and I hope this gives you a little boost in knowing that all your hard work is worth it, and we appreciate it.
We are such greedy creatures, no matter how much we consume we need more and more...........KS feed the beast, it hungers, it hungers from the very depths.
atat

Post by atat »

Mercutio wrote:
Tillumni wrote:Personally, I loved the comment translated to: "Sub where?" or "translation where?" I found in another forum.
exactly, man. languages may separate people, but we all know awesome when we see it. (...I think I just channeled Jack Black.) hopefully some friendly neighborhood bilinguals will translate the Act 1 demo into Japanese soon, so more people can play KS.

though I do kinda wonder how you say "MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" in Japanese.

Mwahahahahahaha = kekekekekeke, I think
Nixons back!!!!
Solunar

Post by Solunar »

まあああああ! :lol:

Okay, maybe not. That sounds like she's erhm... Producing a sound that should only be produced at the end of VNs.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Solunar wrote:まあああああ! :lol:

Okay, maybe not. That sounds like she's erhm... Producing a sound that should only be produced at the end of VNs.
Like this crowd would care? That would gain support... :lol:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Mercutio wrote:...hopefully some friendly neighborhood bilinguals will translate the Act 1 demo into Japanese soon, so more people can play KS.
There are several translation projects for Act 1 ongoing, and yes one of them is Japanese.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.