Old versions

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

OP91

Old versions

Post by OP91 »

I recall playing an older version of the game around a year ago. Although, obviously the final Act1 demo is superior (and the greatest free game in history, may I add :D ), the older version/s are a subject in which I hold great interest, to see how the game progressed.

I am not asking for copies of the older test versions, as the final product should remain final (I deleted the old version immediately after playing it), but I wondered about the history of these versions, eg how many there were, dates etc, and differences from the current version?

The one I remember had black and white backgrounds and you chose where to go at lunch, meeting a different girl for wherever you went, but aside from this I can't remember much about it..... (current format where you meet all the girls in the same way is better imo tho :) )
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Old versions

Post by Aura »

Act 1 has literally hundreds of old test versions, all of them playable. The version you are refering to had only the first day of the game and it was pretty crude, but it was the first compiled, existing version of KS. It was called Grid1. That one was extended to the full first week (same period as Act 1 release), which was restructured/edited once and then later rewritten almost completely into what now is the release version of KS Act 1. So that makes four major "versions" of the script and general structure of Act 1, and the rest are variants of one of these.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
LeeEzekiel

Post by LeeEzekiel »

One question. I've never played the older versions, but I hear that there are some characters (such as Hideaki and Niji) that were only introduced there.

Are there any plans for them to appear in the final release?
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Hideaki is in the game. Niji is not.
OP91

Post by OP91 »

Many thanks for taking the time to reply :) yes, now i do remember that the old version I played was very short, so it probably was Grid 1. It had different sprites too, i remember hanako's burns were less prominant, and Misha terrified me :mrgreen: (at least i think it was misha, from deduction i'm pretty sure it was)

There was certainly music, tho I don't think it was the same as the current soundtrack (which I think is amazing so I would've remembered it.)

But I really have to ask- other characters? :o

(and just anything else people can remember if you'd like to throw your lot in)
Guest28

Post by Guest28 »

I remember Lilly played the violin in the woods in the demo I played...

I also recall Rin awarding points to Hisao (and other people?) when he said something she thought was interesting, and you met her eating lunch with her feet in a random classroom. Also there was a forest through a wooden door where Rin liked to sit, and thought you were talking to a tree :lol:

Lilly probably does still play the violin- Hisao just hasn't found out yet. That's my guess anyway
Prisoner416

Post by Prisoner416 »

Still, I'd be interested in playing even the early beta builds. I like to see how things progress, what was tossed and what was improved on.
Guest28

Post by Guest28 »

^ I'm guessing the Dev Team won't provide them here tho :lol: I guess you'll have to search around if you'd like to find them...

Me, I'm content with the release... things that were cut out are probably absent for a reason

(or they're delaying them like lilly playing the violin ;))
Prisoner416

Post by Prisoner416 »

It's like that for me and all beta builds, really.

I'd KILL to get my hands on the beta (Or hell, Alpha!) for most games. Riven comes to mind...
toast

Post by toast »

Prisoner416 wrote:It's like that for me and all beta builds, really.

I'd KILL to get my hands on the beta (Or hell, Alpha!) for most games. Riven comes to mind...
Isn't this basically the Beta though?
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
Prisoner416

Post by Prisoner416 »

Eh, no, it's an official release, so it's past the beta stage.
Anon

Post by Anon »

I have to say the only thing I actually disliked about the final release was that Hisao's first meeting with Lily wasn't him interrupting her while she was playing music like it was in the demo I played.

Hopefully it will make an appearance later on, but I don't think it will have the same feel since it's not their first meeting...