Creating Our Own Hentai VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Black Saloon

Creating Our Own Hentai VN

Post by Black Saloon »

Thanks to everyone who posted advice in my question thread, it has all been most valuable. I have decided to go ahead with my Hentai VN, and have even started working on the setting and characters with another person from this site.

Because so many here helped out with my queries, I would like to invite any interested parties to help us make this happen in one way or another, or at least just sit in on a planning session. Currently we are working on the characters and their profiles (as well as the setting and reasoning, although they've been done to a basic level already), and soon the scriptwriting will begin. We plan to run this thing through Ren'Py as suggested, so anyone who knows about the engine is welcome to join, although if we don't get anyone here then we can always either pick someone up later or learn ourselves. And of course anyone good with art or music is welcome to join us as well.

Here's a brief synopsis of the story:

The main character is a backpacker travelling around the Pacific Islands, and runs out of money on a small sovereign island not far from the Hawaiian islands. Having nowhere to go, he applies for a job at the hostel he is staying in. The manager agrees to pay him a wage and give him a room and one free meal a day in return for driving the hostel van out to meet inbound tourists, performing general maintenance and doing other miscellaneous jobs.
Having no real plans, he decides to stay in the area until he has some capital to continue travelling. After all, it is a bit of a tropical paradise and one of the Pacific's most picturesque sunset spots and surf breaks. And the girls are pretty...

As far as the girls go, we will have each be of a different nationality and staying there for a different reason. So far we have the cute Aussie surfer girl, the Japanese sightseer who fell in love with the place and refuses to leave, the heavy-tanned local girl who serves drinks in one of the downtown bars and possibly a travelling Canadian guitarist who is staying in a cheap room and awaiting inspiration, but we are still in planning here so there may be slight changes.

Drop me a PM or just post in here if you're interested, but in either case thanks to everyone who posted here, we appreciate the help. Have a good one guys.
To think bad thoughts is really the easiest thing in the world. If you leave your mind to itself it will spiral down into ever-increasing unhappiness. To think good thoughts, however, requires effort. This is one of the things that training is about.
DuaneMoody

Re: Creating Our Own Hentai VN

Post by DuaneMoody »

Black Saloon wrote:the cute Aussie surfer girl
Named Bruce
Envy

Post by Envy »

These forums aren't here for your recruiting purposes nor is KS a springboard for your ideas.
helmet boy

Post by helmet boy »

We got a 'randum' thread about a town called dildo, this is more inline than that.
"t-thank you for H-Hanging out with me"
BURNAN
SHYAN
WHITE KNIGHTAN
KATAWA SHOUJO
vaen

Post by vaen »

I suddenly remember playing a western visual novel when I was 10 or so where the goal was to whoo some girls (there never were any sex scenes though, it was all about making the right choices.) and it was pretty much live action apart from that. it was called "man enough", came on a cd and pretty much ran only on DOS/windows 95.
at that age I couldn't even read english yet but I was just continuesly guessing answers and finished the game to piss my dad off since he couldn't beat it.

this is relevant because it points out there are other styles of visual novel than the standard japanese style. why not make a "hentai" visual novel where the women aren't nearly that easily impressed? kinda make the player feel a sense of accomplishment when you finally even get their number and stuff. though I guess that's more dating sim than visual novel but that's just semantics
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Envy wrote:These forums aren't here for your recruiting purposes nor is KS a springboard for your ideas.
I'm sure we can handle our own forums, thanks.
Envy

Post by Envy »

Blue123 wrote:
Envy wrote:These forums aren't here for your recruiting purposes nor is KS a springboard for your ideas.
I'm sure we can handle our own forums, thanks.
Sometimes I get the feeling that I'm more protective of this project than the devs are.

Well, if that's the official line and it's okay to use these forums to prepose, develope and recruit for your own VN projects then I'll just leave it at that.
Jaen-ni-rin

Post by Jaen-ni-rin »

And most importantly: learn to draw sex scenes.
It's hard to draw people without them looking funny (hands! and in close second feet!) and sex scenes are like over 9000 harder than that. And is quite hard to get an original compositon on them, thought doujinshi copypasta might help here.

On a lighter nore:
Quite an interesting idea. I've just seen some awesome Air wallpapers and think that if executed right, It can be quite a nice VN. Looks like Katawa Shoujo catalyzes some intereting things.
ai-honey

Post by ai-honey »

I'll be happy to voice things if you like!

Also I find character development interesting. I'm happy to give input into those kind of areas along with writing.

I know a few exceptional artists lurk on clone.manga but whether you can coerce them to join I don't know. :)

Oh also I can make you a website if you want. I have a lot of hosting and not doin' much with it. ^^
DestinyEagle

Post by DestinyEagle »

I draw, write stories, and create music and I would lovw to be involved. My email is avergeson@gmail.com
Let me know,
Andrew
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Interesting to hear someone getting into their own project. I was initially planning on convincing Kosherbacon into making a VN based on his spin-off series, "Kyouki Shoujo", but this sounds intriguing as well. I haven't worked with the engine since March so i'm a little touchy with that, I have no drawing ability at all, so the best I can offer is support in plot/story development and maybe some writing depending on your needs.

I really wonder if you are actually still viewing this on here considering the thread has been revived from last year.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

I like the story, but for a VN, I cant get into it if the art doesn't align with my taste, so while I want to say that I'll support this, I need to see what it looks like before I commit to anything, but so far, it does sound promising.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Jaen-ni-rin wrote:On a lighter nore:
Quite an interesting idea. I've just seen some awesome Air wallpapers and think that if executed right, It can be quite a nice VN.
Funny, because Air already IS a visual novel...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Thread necromancy on an off-topic discussion that the devs wouldn't have liked when it was ON topic, and is only getting MORE off topic now?

This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Behind The Mask

Post by Behind The Mask »

While I'm not really supportive of the whole advertisement aspect of the OP, I will at least say (for me that is) Katawa Shoujo has atleast inspired me to explore a new type of story telling through VN.

Perhaps this thread would have been better if it were geared towards discussing that aspect, rather then advertising...

Might actually be good to start a topic along those lines.