Anyone else got the Kenji (bad ending?) in their first...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pond

Re: Anyone else got the Kenji (bad ending?) in their first...

Post by Pond »

Got Rin first time, then Lilly. Kenji was after that at some point, but after the first two runs I was mostly skipping trying to get every path.
geezer_man

Post by geezer_man »

got Emi first time through, but Kenji the second.What a grand bum-out THAT was (love the term "Manly Picnic" btw :wink: )
the present-day composer refuses to die! E. Varese
minin00b

Post by minin00b »

my first time is kenji :( sec also kenji and emi third :shock: somehow fourth come back to kenji.................
I say 1+1=1000
Why no one trust me!!:(
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

russianspy1234 wrote:
flurk wrote:it's actually common sense that being nice to everyone is the path to a bad end.

but yeah i got kenji on my first try too :D
I got Emi's path by being nice to everyone. The first few choices seem innocuous, but they really affect what happens.
You only get Emi's path if you decide you fuck your common sense and run till you get a mini heart attack, then Emi sticks to you like glue. Otherwise, being nice to everyone gets you Kenji.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
vermithrx

Post by vermithrx »

CindehQ wrote:being nice to everyone gets you Kenji.
False:
You can be a nice guy and get points with all the girls, or you can be an asshole to all except the one you're aiming for, but as long as you follow the formula below you can get whichever path you want regardless.
The choices are really set up like this:
Lunch Evolution Theory + Cold War = ? Path
Shizune + Self = Shizune path
Hanako + Lilly = Lilly/Hanako path
Book + Self = Rin Path
Shizune + Lilly = Rin path
Hanako + Self = Rin path
Book + Lilly = Rin Path

Then you just have to make sure not to race Emi and you're golden.

Otherwise, you're given one opportunity to screw up and get Kenji on every girl's path except Emi's, and on Rin's you get two.
Stop spreading misinformation people. :P
Revetment

Post by Revetment »

I got Kenji after I made the wrong choice with the hill on Rin's path (not the one I was going for, but oh well) on my first playthrough.

It seems like if you try and act Hisao might (hiding your disability as much as you can, or not committing to clubs) you get the bad end.
Hellies

Post by Hellies »

I did, following the grand tradition of getting bad ends the first time through on Visual Novels. I don't think it's gonna stop anytime soon.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Revetment wrote:It seems like if you try and act Hisao might (hiding your disability as much as you can, or not committing to clubs) you get the bad end.
Do you think Hisao trying to avoid being a mopey jerk in the other paths is somehow inconsistant with his character?
k8n

Post by k8n »

Well first i was aiming for Shizune then to Hanako but when i saw Lilly i fell in love but it looks like i got Emi in the end:P, second try was "manly picnic"

HELL YEAH!!!
When life overpowers death flesh takes form, when death overpowers life bones take form."

~Other Ichigo~
Revetment

Post by Revetment »

Fronzel wrote:
Revetment wrote:It seems like if you try and act Hisao might (hiding your disability as much as you can, or not committing to clubs) you get the bad end.
Do you think Hisao trying to avoid being a mopey jerk in the other paths is somehow inconsistant with his character?
No, I think that the point is that if he doesn't change he's headed the wrong way.
So it's only if you're a bit more open then before you get good ends.
Solunar

Post by Solunar »

I got Kenji, then Emi!
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

CindehQ wrote:
russianspy1234 wrote:
flurk wrote:it's actually common sense that being nice to everyone is the path to a bad end.

but yeah i got kenji on my first try too :D
I got Emi's path by being nice to everyone. The first few choices seem innocuous, but they really affect what happens.
You only get Emi's path if you decide you fuck your common sense and run till you get a mini heart attack, then Emi sticks to you like glue. Otherwise, being nice to everyone gets you Kenji.
I THINK I got Emi's once without the mini heart attack. I'd need to try it again, though. I believe it was following Rin's path, then choosing "I'm fine" with Rin and Lilly...
edit: checked it, that just gets Kenji. Must have gotten a run through mixed up.
Last edited by SirMax on Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atat

Post by atat »

I got the bad end the first time through. Like everyone else, I felt I was being nice all around got me turned into a human brick.
Nixons back!!!!
k'ulaa

Post by k'ulaa »

I got Hanako's ending at the 1st try, emi's at the 2nd try, and kenji's at the 3rd try...
i think kenji is a gay (sorry kenji), and why did he smiled at hicchan when hicchan fell from the roof?
V3gas

Post by V3gas »

I didn't. I chose what I would have in real life, and got the Emi end. I wanted to, too.